Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Is this a scam?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 07:43 PM
habitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nice
Is this a scam?

It says buy this GT3 for $45k usd. That doesn't sound right!
peace

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...46150398QQrdZ1

Old 11-11-2006, 07:46 PM
Jimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud of
Has Nigerian scam written all over it!

Old 11-11-2006, 07:46 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Simply put. YES! no possible way that you can buy it for $45K.

Old 11-11-2006, 07:53 PM
Very Risky is infamous around these parts
I smell Katrina Flood Car.

Old 11-11-2006, 07:53 PM
habitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nice
That's what i figured.
Thanks

Old 11-11-2006, 08:26 PM
SLA
SLA has much to be proud ofSLA has much to be proud ofSLA has much to be proud ofSLA has much to be proud ofSLA has much to be proud ofSLA has much to be proud ofSLA has much to be proud ofSLA has much to be proud of
The thing to do with those if you are really interested is to email him and say you have the money and want to come and inspect the car. I'll bet you can never set up an appointment and you'll start to get the I'm-out-of-the-country-with-my-sick-aunt, the-car's-in-storage-etc,etc.

Old 11-11-2006, 08:31 PM
aston martin is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by SLA
The thing to do with those if you are really interested is to email him and say you have the money and want to come and inspect the car. I'll bet you can never set up an appointment and you'll start to get the I'm-out-of-the-country-with-my-sick-aunt, the-car's-in-storage-etc,etc.
yeah dude, this one dudes been doing that all over ebay. the same exact thing. He had a supra up two days ago for $6,000. i emailed, he claimed the car was in canada because of his work, but he would ship it over to me, etc, etc. if you look at supras, hes selling a different one for $2,000. its all bull****, he just changes the cars, the page a little, his email and the ebay account (along with the supra, he was selling movie boxes to get ebay points)

*i wonder if hes actually made anything off conning people.

Old 11-11-2006, 08:43 PM
Kirkorca is a name known to allKirkorca is a name known to allKirkorca is a name known to allKirkorca is a name known to allKirkorca is a name known to allKirkorca is a name known to all
Thumbs up Gt3

Yo dude,

If you really want the car......go on Porsche.com and do a preowned search in the states. The car is located in PA a Brandywine Porsche and it is listed on the site at @ $89K. If you are interested in the car call them and they can probably give you more info.

I hope this information helps.

Old 11-11-2006, 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by Kirkorca
Yo dude,

If you really want the car......go on Porsche.com and do a preowned search in the states. The car is located in PA a Brandywine Porsche and it is listed on the site at @ $89K. If you are interested in the car call them and they can probably give you more info.

I thought i recognized the pics.
Thanks

Old 11-11-2006, 09:27 PM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
scam. its on rennlist also.

Old 11-11-2006, 09:35 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
That is a car the Brandywine (Board sponsor) has/had. Total scam. There is an 04 Salvage title guards red car with 10,000 miles on e-bay for $85k too.

Old 11-11-2006, 10:56 PM
SD1
SD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Kirkorca
Yo dude,

Yep, only GT silver produced from what I hear.

Old 11-11-2006, 11:12 PM
simon is a splendid one to beholdsimon is a splendid one to beholdsimon is a splendid one to beholdsimon is a splendid one to beholdsimon is a splendid one to beholdsimon is a splendid one to beholdsimon is a splendid one to beholdsimon is a splendid one to behold
Old 11-12-2006, 04:20 AM
simon is a splendid one to beholdsimon is a splendid one to beholdsimon is a splendid one to beholdsimon is a splendid one to beholdsimon is a splendid one to beholdsimon is a splendid one to beholdsimon is a splendid one to beholdsimon is a splendid one to behold
I emailed the idiot and got this response. I'll lead him on for a while, always fun to bait a scammer.
Anyone else wanna play with this guy ?

:-D

---------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

The total price for the car is: US $45, 000.00.
The car have no accidents, perfect condition, no damages, real miles, full service book and it's located
in Los Angeles, CA.
At the moment I am in Australia/Sydney because i must work here this year at a project and there is nobody at my
house in US, because my family in here with me.
If you are really interested and want to buy my car, I can come and meet with you in US and make the deal.
The only problem that I have is that I need to be sure that you want to buy it, so I will not come for nothing
from Australia to US.
We can make the deal by using eBay Protection Program service.
The deal can be done via eBay Protection Program like this :
I must have a assurance that you really want to buy the car, so you will have to make a deposit of money
($5000 USD) at ebay.
The money will stay at ebay Protection Program, and then I will come to US in 2 days
maximum after you send the deposit and we can meet at my house in Los Angeles, CA to give you the car.
Or the seccond option is that ebay Protection Program will ship the car to your address and you
will receive the car in about 5 days. The transport and the car will be assured by the shipping company.
After you will inspect the car if for some reason you do not like the car and do not want to buy it,
you can take your money deposit back from eBay agent who will bring you the car with
the shipping company, there is no problem.
Or if you want to keep the car then you will pay the rest of the money to the ebay agent which will bring
the car at your place.

Let me know as soon as possible if we have a deal, because I have many interested clients!

Best Regards,
Prof. Dr. Pearce Brian

Last edited by simon; 11-12-2006 at 04:34 AM.
Old 11-12-2006, 07:46 AM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
General rule of thumb: if you have to ask if it's a scam - it usually is.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.