Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

997GT3 or C6 Z06

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 06:48 AM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
No problem, we can always compare your 2 shift 60 - 130, no worries. My 2 shift time was 8.42. There is your reference point. You will also get 0 - 60, 100 and 130 times. When would you like to try it?

Old 11-30-2006, 10:24 AM
ZLP
ZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by SCvet00
Getting a rolling start and shifting from 1st to 3rd in the Porsche might be optimal for the GT2, but far, FAR, FAR from in the Z06 due to its gears.

Best thing to do is line them up and go at it, just like I have done, and the Z06 will come out on top everytime. If you don't want to believe it, that is fine. I am not gonna talk about this anymore. The Z06 is the faster/quicker car, period and that is a fact, not an opinion. They are close to 100, and that is about it, with the Z06 still having the edge with a competent driver.

Ask anyone that has both, and they will tell you the same.
Except to 300km/h where the 997TT is over a second faster. That leaves the 997TT about a football field ahead of the Z06 on the top end. Also, stop light to stop light the 997TT will romp the Z06 every time.

Old 11-30-2006, 01:27 PM
SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ZLP
Except to 300km/h where the 997TT is over a second faster. That leaves the 997TT about a football field ahead of the Z06 on the top end.
Right, and then the Z06 will be waiving bye bye as the TT reaches its top speed and the Z06 keeps on going. Good try though.

Originally Posted by ZLP
Also, stop light to stop light the 997TT will romp the Z06 every time..
Right again, that is why the Z06 can rip to 60 mph in 3.4 secs which is just as fast as the Turbo. Good try again.

Want to try one more time? I didn't think so. Thanks for playing.

Old 11-30-2006, 01:30 PM
SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 9Eleven
No problem, we can always compare your 2 shift 60 - 130, no worries. My 2 shift time was 8.42. There is your reference point. You will also get 0 - 60, 100 and 130 times. When would you like to try it?
your 8.42 secs came from what speed to what speed? When did you have to shift 2x?

I would like to try it when it is dry and warm. Not when it is below freezing and wet. Once the spring comes along, make sure to bring this thread back ttt and we cna set it up.

Old 11-30-2006, 05:19 PM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
your 8.42 secs came from what speed to what speed? When did you have to shift 2x?

I would like to try it when it is dry and warm. Not when it is below freezing and wet. Once the spring comes along, make sure to bring this thread back ttt and we cna set it up.
It was 60 - 130. I shifted at 70 and again at 105. My car can get to 130 in fourth. I am a pretty open minded guy, but I really don't believe the Z06 can go from 0 - 60 in 3.4. Where did you get this information, another magazine article? I've read several and I have never seen a 3.4 0 - 60. Once again, a Corvette Forum member ran his slightly modified Z06 (exhaust/intake) on a motion based timer (unreliable) and ran a 3.87 0-60. Let's keep the numbers in the real world. The tread is below.

Don't diminish the cars ability by citing numbers that are unrealistic. It just makes things worse on this board. The offer still stands, we await your decision. It doesn't have to be warm, just dry. You can run it on a 40 degree day without a problem. Just give it a try, no big deal. I don't know when this became a 997tt vs Z06 thread, that is not my interest. I am interested in real world numbers on a Z06. It would be very big of you to be the first test pilot, especially on a Porsche forum.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1535830

Last edited by 9Eleven; 11-30-2006 at 05:26 PM.
Old 11-30-2006, 05:44 PM
1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future
It was 60 - 130. I shifted at 70 and again at 105. My car can get to 130 in fourth. I am a pretty open minded guy, but I really don't believe the Z06 can go from 0 - 60 in 3.4. Where did you get this information, another magazine article? I've read several and I have never seen a 3.4 0 - 60. Once again a Corvette Forum member ran his car on a motion based timer (unreliable) and ran a 3.87 0-60. Let's keep the numbers in the real world. The tread is below. Don't diminish the cars ability by citing numbers that are unrealistic. It just makes things worse on this board. The offer still stands, we await your decision. It doesn't have to be warm, just dry. You can run it on a 40 degree day without a problem. Just give it a try, no big deal.

Seems to me that you are the only one here with any doubt. Go and read over some of your comments in this thread. First you claim magazine numbers to validate your point and then you claim that magazine number are meaningless. Then you say that GPS systems are not accurate and then want a graph proving a speed test. Then you try to gain an advantage by trying to convince the Z06 owner to test the car in a less than optimum gear telling him it will cost him only a few tenths of a second. You also tell him to go over to the Vette forum and listen to a guy who actually owns one to get the truth. Well, you are being told by a couple of owners first hand what they can do. Accept it....that is, unless you are not getting the answer you're looking for.

Go line up against a well driven Z06 and you'll get your answer. If you are ever in the Chicago area, with the GT2, give me a hollar. The tailights of the Vette are quite beautiful at night when your going 130+ mph.

Sounds to me like your goal is to win a keyboard race, and maybe you will. However, it will not be the same on the street.

Do a little more tweaking on the GT2...you are almost where the stock Z06 is.

Last edited by 1999Porsche911; 11-30-2006 at 05:54 PM.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:07 PM
Originally Posted by 1999Porsche911

Seems to me that you are the only one here with any doubt. Go and read over some of your comments in this thread. First you claim magazine numbers to validate your point and then you claim that magazine number are meaningless. Then you say that GPS systems are not accurate and then want a graph proving a speed test. Then you try to gain an advantage by trying to convince the Z06 owner to test the car in a less than optimum gear telling him it will cost him only a few tenths of a second. You also tell him to go over to the Vette forum and listen to a guy who actually owns one to get the truth. Well, you are being told by a couple of owners first hand what they can do. Accept it....that is, unless you are not getting the answer you're looking for.

Go line up against a well driven Z06 and you'll get your answer. If you are ever in the Chicago area, with the GT2, give me a hollar. The tailights of the Vette are quite beautiful at night when your going 130+ mph.

Sounds to me like your goal is to win a keyboard race, and maybe you will. However, it will not be the same on the street. Where do you live? I do alot of travelling across the country and might be convinced to drive by you, for the right incentive.

Do a little more tweaking on the GT2...you are almost where the stock Z06 is.
By all means, I live in Annapolis, Maryland. I just PM'd you with my information. Please call me when you come into town. I know a great road, straight and flat. I have never claimed any magazine times to validate any number. For me they are only used as a reference. The timer used by the Corvette forum member is motion based, not a GPS, big difference. I stated that motion based timers are unreliable. A Racelogic uses 7 satellites that refresh 10 times a second, very accurate. How am I trying to gain an advantage? 60 - 130 in two shifts, where is there an advantage? You run her through the gears and we time how long it took you to go from 60 to 130. My 2 shift time was 8.42.

I tend to look for corroborating evidence, many people talk, lets see results. I also have talked to a Z06 owner who has told me otherwise regarding his street times and they aren't as optimistic as the times claimed here. Pardon me if I am a little skeptical. BTW, do you have anything concrete to offer besides your opinion or are you going to post your GPS graph? I await your visit, but just in case you can't come out any time soon, come out to MIR in March. The offer for the GPS is open to you also, just let me know

Last edited by 9Eleven; 11-30-2006 at 06:42 PM.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:40 PM
ZLP
ZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud of
Right, and then the Z06 will be waiving bye bye as the TT reaches its top speed and the Z06 keeps on going. Good try though.

Right again, that is why the Z06 can rip to 60 mph in 3.4 secs which is just as fast as the Turbo. Good try again.

Want to try one more time? I didn't think so. Thanks for playing.
Yeah right buddy. I'd like to see you rip anywhere close to a sub four second 0-60 in that rwd car on the street, LOL. I bet an STI would pull you stop light to stop light as you roast the tires. You crack me up

Old 11-30-2006, 07:22 PM
1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future
By all means, I live in Annapolis, Maryland. I just PM'd you with my information. Please call me when you come into town. I know a great road, straight and flat. I have never claimed any magazine times to validate any number. For me they are only used as a reference. The timer used by the Corvette forum member is motion based, not a GPS, big difference. I stated that motion based timers are unreliable. A Racelogic uses 7 satellites that refresh 10 times a second, very accurate. How am I trying to gain an advantage? 60 - 130 in two shifts, where is there an advantage? You run her through the gears and we time how long it took you to go from 60 to 130. My 2 shift time was 8.42.

I tend to look for corroborating evidence, many people talk, lets see results. I also have talked to a Z06 owner who has told me otherwise regarding his street times and they aren't as optimistic as the times claimed here. Pardon me if I am a little skeptical. BTW, do you have anything concrete to offer besides your opinion or are you going to post your GPS graph? I await your visit, but just in case you can't come out any time soon, come out to MIR in March. The offer for the GPS is open to you also, just let me know
What do you want the results to show on the graph? I can show you a 6.2 second quarter mile at 227 mph too , if you would like.

I don't give any credence to anyone's posting of dyno's, time slips, etc on these forums as they are meaningless if the person posting them is a bull****ter. Then you get all the excuses such as "i missed a gear' or 'it was uphill" or "it was hot out" or 'my car wasn't running right", etc.

As I stated earlier, there is only one way to race, and that is head to head. Not interested in keyboard racing.

On a side note, you could reduce your times substantially if you improve your shifting. Your graph (if accurate) is showing that you loose 4/10 second of acceleration between shifts. That should be no more than 2/10 second. I know the Porsche shifting mechanism sucks, but it can be done.

Old 11-30-2006, 07:40 PM
You read the graph incorrectly, I took just over three tenths of a second into second and two tenths into third. First into second is a tough shift. Look at it again. Two tenths of a second is almost sequential shifting time. I guess you can show me how to shift when you come to visit. You obviously are a hell of a driver, you have my number, call me when you're ready.

I find it funny that you give no credence to time slips or GPS numbers, but insist that we should take your word for it regarding these very optimistic Z06 times, because you say so. I am starting to get a little suspicious regarding your ownership of any automobile. How is running your car on a GPS keyboard racing? Use it and show us your great shifting skills and your supercar times. It is alot easier to FEDEX you the box than either you or I driving 800 miles in December. As I said, either way, you have my number or you can use the box.

I've shot down every inane argument that you have feebly attempted with real world data. You are obviously out of your league, are not very knowledgeable, and have nothing other than mild insults to offer. When you are ready to have an adult conversation, I will respond.

Last edited by 9Eleven; 11-30-2006 at 08:12 PM.
Old 11-30-2006, 09:52 PM
SD1
SD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura about
Someone was saying how technologically advanced Porsches' are v. the ZO6 but I ran across this while shopping for a new truck.

Originally Posted by GM
Duramax Diesel 6.6L V8 Turbo Engine Features:
  • With the required Allison six-speed automatic transmission:
    • 360 horsepower @ 3000 rpm
    • 650 lb.-ft. of torque @ 1600 rpm
  • Class-leading diesel horsepower and overall torque(1)
  • Low operational noise level
  • A deep-skirt cast-iron block with induction-hardened cylinder bores and fracture-split connecting rods help increase durability
  • Common rail fuel injection, developed by Bosch, is a direct-injection system that utilizes advanced electronics and pilot injection to optimize fuel delivery and help reduce emissions and combustion noise
  • A variable-geometry “smart” turbocharger, located in the valley between the cylinder heads for a compact design, features computer-controlled turbine vanes and an air-to-air intercooler
  • A durable gear-driven water pump helps maximize coolant flow
  • The oil cooler is integral to the engine block and keeps the oil temperatures more consistent over the operating range
  • Cast-aluminum cylinder heads feature sintered-steel valve-seat inserts and a four-valve design to help reduce emissions and maximize power

Old 11-30-2006, 09:54 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
im in agreement with 9eleven. see what you can run on the gps. i can guarantee your not even hitting 60 in 3.8 secs. if a modded one only ran 3.87 no way a stock ones doing it faster. just take the box and drive. then everyone can stop the heresay if we have actual real world numbers. i wouldnt mind using that thing as well. i havnt used a racelogic before, but have tried out others.

Old 11-30-2006, 10:28 PM
9Eleven, I was quoting the 3.4 secs from C&D since PorscheC4 was mag racing. Here is the link to the 3.4 0-60 for the Z06:

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...vette-z06.html

Also, lets talk about this GPS system. So, if I were to get this from you, the way it works is, I get a rolling start and the timer will automatically go on at 60 mph? Is that how it works. PLease educate me a little about this device that way we can get this setteld.

Old 11-30-2006, 10:34 PM
Also, first you told me that your 60-130 times were done with 1 shift, and then you told me that it was done with 2 shifts.

From what mph to what mph was your 2 shift speed? And, what was your time for the two shift speeds?

Old 11-30-2006, 10:38 PM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
Who cares already, why don't you Chevy guys go to the Chevy forum. You guys wear it out around here.

You guys continue to beat a dead horse

Christian

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997GT3 or C6 Z06