Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

997GT3 or C6 Z06

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2006, 11:27 PM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
You are correct sir, my bad

Christian

Originally Posted by PorscheC4

i thought we all agreed a while back that it was a garbage can with and engine.

Old 11-24-2006, 11:33 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Christian
You are correct sir, my bad

Christian
its nice we're on the same page.

christian OT but when did you get the S4 and the commander?
Nice! what do have planned for the S4?

Old 11-24-2006, 11:36 PM
SD1
SD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by LUIS95993
One of my students that day had a black Gt3 as well. He spun it in the twisties (braking hard in a tight corner) and during his spin he popped the clutch while going backwards. We could not get the car started as the Intake manifold had moved/popped out of place. There is no doubt in my mind that a well driven Z06 would hand me my ***.
So driver error not the car. Do you know the ZO6 guys? The yellow one with the slicks wouldn't give me the time of day. I thought that was the Porsche guys job?

Old 11-24-2006, 11:54 PM
ZLP
ZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 05997S
So driver error not the car. Do you know the ZO6 guys? The yellow one with the slicks wouldn't give me the time of day. I thought that was the Porsche guys job?
Skinny guy w/ glasses?

Old 11-24-2006, 11:56 PM
Red02996 is infamous around these parts
Perhaps this will give you some perspective. I business associate of mine bought a very pretty 2006 Corvette (not Z06 but 400hp nonetheless). Loves it for its punch and look. I don't care for it but it is a respectable car for the money.

So we go to Porsche Driving Experience down in Alabama and he gets in his first 911, the base and the S model. And comes away stunned. Sure his Vette smokes the base 911 at a light and is equal to the S. But the poise of the 911 on the track, the grip, the turn in, the gearbox, etc. left him very impressed.

So, if you care about having the fastest thing around at red lights or blasts up highway on ramps, Z06 is tough to beat. Allround well put together sports car that comes alive on the track...GT3.

Old 11-25-2006, 12:03 AM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Red02996
Perhaps this will give you some perspective. I business associate of mine bought a very pretty 2006 Corvette (not Z06 but 400hp nonetheless). Loves it for its punch and look. I don't care for it but it is a respectable car for the money.

So we go to Porsche Driving Experience down in Alabama and he gets in his first 911, the base and the S model. And comes away stunned. Sure his Vette smokes the base 911 at a light and is equal to the S. But the poise of the 911 on the track, the grip, the turn in, the gearbox, etc. left him very impressed.

So, if you care about having the fastest thing around at red lights or blasts up highway on ramps, Z06 is tough to beat. Allround well put together sports car that comes alive on the track...GT3.
So whens your friend getting a Porsche?

Old 11-25-2006, 01:07 AM
lig
lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LUIS95993
At the last track day I was at there was 2 C6 Z06's there (1 on slicks) and my stock GT3 on Street tires had no problem passing both, out handling and out braking them and keeping them behind me the whole session.

True, no doubt. Useful information? Maybe. At my last track day I ran away from 2 GT3s and an Elise (in my mostly stock S2000)

S2000 > GT3? Hardly. I just happened to be on the track with guys who had way faster cars than mine who didn't want to push them to close to the limit.

If I could afford a 997 GT3 there would be no deciding between it and a Z06. White GT3 with Cocoa please.

Since I'm not willing to pony up the $$$ for a 997 GT3 - I'm going to have to wait a couple of years and pick one up after someone else has taken the depreciation.

I totally respect the Z06 but I've never really been a big 'Vette fan. Honest people have got to admit that bang for the buck it's hard to beat though.

Old 11-25-2006, 01:21 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
997GT3 without a doubt, its quite a funny question too!

Old 11-25-2006, 01:30 AM
Vladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of light
GT3!!!!!!! its a keeper.

Old 11-25-2006, 02:16 AM
TUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by SCvet00

BTW, nice Boxster you got..
Cool...I'll let my wife know you envy her car...thanks!!!

Old 11-25-2006, 07:15 AM
Doctor K is infamous around these parts
I am fortunate to own a C6 and a 996 GT3 and each serves a distinct purpose. The Corvette is more relaxing to drive at legal speeds , both on the highway and in the city. The GT3 demands my full attention. The GT3 is more agile and quicker through the gears. 60-120 times are not even close with the Porsche getting there first, and not even breathing hard. One thing that definitely sets the car apart is the quality of the interiors. The vette has the cheapest plastic parts inside that I believe you could find, while the Porsche functions perfectly without broken "stuff" falling off into the floor.

IMHO the Porsche will last 20 years the way I drive her; the C6 maybe 5 years. I haven't had either vehicle on the track and probably never will so I can't comment on plusses and minus factors. I love them both.

Old 11-25-2006, 12:08 PM
SD1
SD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Doctor K
I am fortunate to own a C6 and a 996 GT3 and each serves a distinct purpose. The Corvette is more relaxing to drive at legal speeds , both on the highway and in the city. The GT3 demands my full attention. The GT3 is more agile and quicker through the gears. 60-120 times are not even close with the Porsche getting there first, and not even breathing hard. One thing that definitely sets the car apart is the quality of the interiors. The vette has the cheapest plastic parts inside that I believe you could find, while the Porsche functions perfectly without broken "stuff" falling off into the floor.

IMHO the Porsche will last 20 years the way I drive her; the C6 maybe 5 years. I haven't had either vehicle on the track and probably never will so I can't comment on plusses and minus factors. I love them both.
Good comments. I agree the Vette (ZO6) is definetly easier to work around town and is surprisingly pretty livable. I haven't kept a car for more than two or three years my entire adult life so the interior doesn't have to perform miracles but I do agree that while an improvement over the C5, thy have a long ways to go.

Old 11-25-2006, 01:37 PM
Marwan is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by brn-997tt
What would you purchase a C6 Z06 or a 997GT3?
are you kidding! 1st, they're in a different price bracket... 2nd, I'd take a 997 C2S over a C6 Z06... a GT3 wouldn't even be worth a discussion!!! OF COURSE A GT3!!! it beats the Z06 at any level! overall performance, built quality, race-proven technology, exclusivity, etc, etc, etc...

sorry if I came on strong, but it's a no-brainer :-)

Old 11-25-2006, 02:05 PM
Who let the dogs out...
Adrift is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Marwan
are you kidding! 1st, they're in a different price bracket... 2nd, I'd take a 997 C2S over a C6 Z06... a GT3 wouldn't even be worth a discussion!!! OF COURSE A GT3!!! it beats the Z06 at any level! overall performance, built quality, race-proven technology, exclusivity, etc, etc, etc...

Okay, I am a Porsche guy, but...

Marwan, you DO watch Le Mans, right? Vettes know a thing or two about racing.

Also, WRT ragging on Boxsters...we DO all realize a Cayman with the same amount of engine / tech put into it would be superior to a Z06 OR a GT3, right? (Just thought I would pour a little fuel on this fire )

Last edited by Adrift; 11-25-2006 at 02:07 PM.
Old 11-25-2006, 02:43 PM
1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Marwan

The only way the Gt3 can "beat the Z06 at any level of performnce" is if the Vette is in reverse. Obviously you have no experience driving the monster Z06 or you wouldn't have made such a statement without being drunk or stoned. There is NO stock flat 6 Porsche that can out perform the stock 427 at, as you refer to it, "any level".

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997GT3 or C6 Z06