Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

GT3- 400 Mile Report

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 12:27 PM
amirgt2 is infamous around these parts
GT3- 400 Mile Report

I finally picked up my car on Wednesday and have put 400 miles on it in the past 2 1/2 days. This car is absolutely amazing!

After only 400 miles, I can honestlty say that this is the best 911 and second best Porsche I have ever owned. Everything about it is pure Porsche. As disappointed as I was in Porsche with my 997TT, they have made up for it and then some with the new GT3.

The steering Feel is very precise yet nicely weighted. Much more so than my 996GT2 or some of the 996GT3s I have driven. I took it for a little canyon run in Malibu yesterday and it handles like a mid engined car. Very neutral and virtually no understeer. Where the old GT2/3s were very lively, you could still really feel the rear end weight bias making the steering feel a little light at times compared to the likes of the CGT, Stradale or F430. Not so with the new GT3, it just hunkers down and pulls you through a corner or sweeper as if it's literally on rails. No body roll whatsoever.

The next big surprise was the sound. I would rank it right below the CGT and on par with the F430. Beautiful music.
The ride, in regular mode is pretty comparable to the GT2 and in the sport mode it's closer to the Stradale. Overall very compliant for what you are getting, performance wise.

The only thing this car needs (in the U.S. anyways) is a roll cage and the CGT seats and it will be a jewel on the track.

Kudos to Porsche. They have restored my faith in the brand. They can build all of the Cayennes, Panameras, and softer Turbos if they want. As long as they move the GT series cars in the same direction as the new GT3, then I will be a Porschephile for Life!!!

Amir

Old 11-25-2006, 03:18 PM
6088TTS has a spectacular aura about6088TTS has a spectacular aura about6088TTS has a spectacular aura about
great report my friend... congrads on the car and may i say i feel excactly the same!!!

Old 11-25-2006, 03:25 PM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
Great report Amir. Thanks.

Old 11-25-2006, 04:47 PM
amestyan is infamous around these parts
congrats on gt3

Old 11-25-2006, 05:26 PM
wolfturbo is infamous around these partswolfturbo is infamous around these parts
Damn Amir, I'm starting to sport wood after your report!!!!

Just tell me that when I drive my GT3, I will no longer miss the Stradale! That's all I need to hear! Now go out and drive her some more, so I can get your report on wide-open throttle at redline after the break-in period!!

Old 11-25-2006, 05:34 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
amir,
just wait for the seats. i got u covered.

Old 11-25-2006, 06:21 PM
amirgt2 is infamous around these parts
Thanks guys.

Rob - You can safely put the CS behind you now.

Arling- You're the best. How are you liking your little white lightning so far?

Amir

Old 11-25-2006, 06:30 PM
RufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really nice
Amir, congrats man, thats awesome ! Best of luck with it and post some pics when you get a chance !

Arling, put me down for some seats too ! (and the RS steering wheel of course...)

Old 11-25-2006, 07:09 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by amirgt2
Arling- You're the best. How are you liking your little white lightning so far?

Amir
u've covered pretty much all. i especially like the suspension/ride but obviously u've got more miles than me so i need more time. as u might know i wasn't a fan of the PASM on the C2S because under ''sport'' mode the car felt really bouncy & unpredictible. glad it's not the case in the GT3 which is a big plus for me. the car just feels rock solid. the shifter is a little notchy now & need some getting used to but it matches the clutch perfectly. the sound is incredible. i'm surprised Porsche would come up something like that (except the CGT of course). it's almost like a Europipe stage II loud system on Turbo. overall this car feels like a Porsche sports car should be, period. i can see some improvement though. that'll leave some expectation to the RS.

hey, nothing wrong with Cayenne. i love it very much for my daily use. Porsche rules!

Old 11-25-2006, 07:52 PM
stuart997gt3 has a spectacular aura aboutstuart997gt3 has a spectacular aura about
best of luck with your new threeee,great report,i'm taking it all in.please post pic's in & out.i still have 1 week to on boat date . thanks

Old 11-25-2006, 09:08 PM
Vladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of light
hey anyone has acceleration times for 997 gt3? I wanna know how fast is it up to 200 km/h or 124 mph, and 1/4 times. Anyone can help?

Old 11-25-2006, 10:57 PM
Duane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by amirgt2
I finally picked up my car on Wednesday and have put 400 miles on it in the past 2 1/2 days. This car is absolutely amazing!

After only 400 miles, I can honestlty say that this is the best 911 and second best Porsche I have ever owned. Everything about it is pure Porsche. As disappointed as I was in Porsche with my 997TT, they have made up for it and then some with the new GT3.

The steering Feel is very precise yet nicely weighted. Much more so than my 996GT2 or some of the 996GT3s I have driven. I took it for a little canyon run in Malibu yesterday and it handles like a mid engined car. Very neutral and virtually no understeer. Where the old GT2/3s were very lively, you could still really feel the rear end weight bias making the steering feel a little light at times compared to the likes of the CGT, Stradale or F430. Not so with the new GT3, it just hunkers down and pulls you through a corner or sweeper as if it's literally on rails. No body roll whatsoever.

The next big surprise was the sound. I would rank it right below the CGT and on par with the F430. Beautiful music.
The ride, in regular mode is pretty comparable to the GT2 and in the sport mode it's closer to the Stradale. Overall very compliant for what you are getting, performance wise.

The only thing this car needs (in the U.S. anyways) is a roll cage and the CGT seats and it will be a jewel on the track.

Kudos to Porsche. They have restored my faith in the brand. They can build all of the Cayennes, Panameras, and softer Turbos if they want. As long as they move the GT series cars in the same direction as the new GT3, then I will be a Porschephile for Life!!!

Amir
Great write up Amir. I get these crazy ideas of changing my 3 order to a TT but this just nailed the coffin shut for me. How quick would you say it is compared to some of your other toys?

Old 11-25-2006, 11:00 PM
Duane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud of
One more thing, I saw what you said about the sound. Will there be any need for an exhaust on this car?

Old 11-26-2006, 09:22 AM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
Excellent write-up Amir. Pictures when you can please.

Old 11-26-2006, 03:37 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
congrats Amir!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT3- 400 Mile Report