Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

A new take on the 'Sport' button

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 08:27 PM
Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !
A new take on the 'Sport' button

So I received the GT3 2007 Technik Introduction book, part # PNA GT3 021 07 and a thought occured to me.

The Sport Chrono package description clearly talks about the increased mid-range torque of 15 to 18 ft. lbs., an increase of 13 HP, "sporty" tuning for the TC and reduced exhaust back pressure in the sport setting.

The Sport/TC off description page states that the Sport button is standard but only talks about giving the TC a "sporty' setting.

My thought is that yes the "Sport" button is standard however without ordering the "Sport Chrono" package maybe all you get is the "sporty" TC setting and none of the increased torque, HP, reduced back pressure, etc., those features might require the "Sport Chrono" package. I don't know but after reading the book it seems possible so I'm adding it back to my GT3 until proven otherwise.

I tried uploading the pages as a PDF and JPG but couldn't do it, maybe someone else that has a copy can up load it.

Old 12-05-2006, 09:08 PM
cnc
Awaiting Email Confirmation
cnc is infamous around these parts
If you read carefully (and my memory is correct) it is not a Sport Chrono package on the GT3, it is a Chrono package plus.

The Sport part is standard on the GT3/RS, with a center console button (operates differently on a regular 997).

Your fears are unfounded, (my GT3 proves this, and I have read the Technik manual cover to cover, several times) but I still think the Chrono package plus at $640 is a no brainer.

Old 12-05-2006, 09:26 PM
Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cnc
If you read carefully (and my memory is correct) it is not a Sport Chrono package on the GT3, it is a Chrono package plus.

The Sport part is standard on the GT3/RS, with a center console button (operates differently on a regular 997).

Your fears are unfounded, (my GT3 proves this, and I have read the Technik manual cover to cover, several times) but I still think the Chrono package plus at $640 is a no brainer.
The order guide I have says it's called "Sport Chrono Plus". The booklet is a GT3 book only. Please tell me how your GT3 proves this. If your car has this option how would you know what the button does on a car that doesn't.

Old 12-05-2006, 09:40 PM
cnc
The functions of the Chrono package plus are well described in the order guide (at least the RS order guide) and they are exactly the same in the GT3.

You are not reading the manual closely enough, but if you need something to fret over, go ahead and fret over this.

Read the Technik manual again!

Old 12-05-2006, 10:46 PM
cnc
Look at the "sticky" in this section GT3 RS ordering guide and it describes the function, Chrono package plus, read in conjunction with the Technik manual, it provides the info you need. There a few places in the Technik manual where the Sport function is discussed (at least 3) so be sure to read them all.