Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

BAD NEWS!!! for us RS buyers!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 06:24 PM
JASCLASS is infamous around these partsJASCLASS is infamous around these parts
Since Porsche is offering white as a PTS color, what is the chance they will PTS another color?

Old 12-27-2006, 06:53 PM
6088TTS has a spectacular aura about6088TTS has a spectacular aura about6088TTS has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by JASCLASS
Since Porsche is offering white as a PTS color, what is the chance they will PTS another color?
I've requested multiple times but rejected by Porsche for other PTS such as Gulf Blue or Mexico Blue...

Alan

Old 12-27-2006, 07:48 PM
D-VO is infamous around these partsD-VO is infamous around these parts
please tell me you haven't given up on the Mexico Blue, that would be such a hot car with the black mirrors and stripes.

I am also interested to see the weight results, please give us a detailed account when you get your car in.

Old 12-27-2006, 08:42 PM
6088TTS has a spectacular aura about6088TTS has a spectacular aura about6088TTS has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Teck Mafia
please tell me you haven't given up on the Mexico Blue, that would be such a hot car with the black mirrors and stripes.

I am also interested to see the weight results, please give us a detailed account when you get your car in.
i will keep you guys posted for sure... and will try again in the new year for the Mexico Blue...

Alan

Old 12-28-2006, 11:31 PM
supercup is infamous around these parts
The US RS will be the same as the ROW except:

1. Seats (US sport seats)
2. No Roll Bar
3. Rear Window in lightweight glass versus lexan
4. We get storage bins (ROW does not)

Otherwise the same car. The rear deck lid will be carbon, just like the wing. The yellow line on the steering wheel has come into question as well.

As far as price goes we do pay more than the US GT3, but far less than the ROW buyers pay for an RS. So the money you save can be used to get seats and roll bar.

JCM

Last edited by supercup; 12-28-2006 at 11:34 PM.
Old 12-29-2006, 09:09 AM
PN-
PN- is infamous around these parts
In OZ:
GT3 with sports package no PCM/Sunroof and some other options ~$290k AUD
GT3RS ~$300k AUD

Old 12-29-2006, 05:57 PM
Porschephile is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by cnc
So you agree!

The wider fenders and resultant tweaks are part of the recipe that makes an RS.

However if one wants to pretend that a GT3 (modified) is an RS, well have at it, there are many out there who will take your money and pretend you are accomplishing something worthwhile....and don't forget to remove the sunroof.
I'll have to respectfully disagree. The RS should have some sort of noticeable or worthwhile (in terms of performance) improvements over the standard Gt3. In reality, you are basically paying $20k extra for a different paint scheme, wider fenders, and some revised rear suspension geometry, neither of which ultimately have any meaningful or worthwhile performance enhancements IMO. In short, the differences are a matter of semantics IMO. I'm sure this subject has been beaten to death around here. Still, I personally think there should be something like a 30-50hp power increase and/or a 100-200lb drop in weight, or at least something more worthwhile for your money. If you look at the history of the "RS" moniker, it's associated cars have always been lightweight track-oriented models with increased power and/or more track focused equipment like a rollbar, fixed/lightweight seats, gutted interior, etc.

Old 12-29-2006, 06:11 PM
ixlr82 is infamous around these parts
I am really tired of hearing the rants about how the GT3 RS doesn't have this and doesn't have that and why does it cost so much more than the regular GT3. It will be without question the ultimate looking and driving N/A street Porsche has ever produced. The funny thing is most people ranting will never have a chance to experience the RS first hand.

Old 12-29-2006, 06:15 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by supercup
The US RS will be the same as the ROW except:

1. Seats (US sport seats)
2. No Roll Bar
3. Rear Window in lightweight glass versus lexan
4. We get storage bins (ROW does not)

Otherwise the same car. The rear deck lid will be carbon, just like the wing. The yellow line on the steering wheel has come into question as well.

As far as price goes we do pay more than the US GT3, but far less than the ROW buyers pay for an RS. So the money you save can be used to get seats and roll bar.

JCM
John,
i just found out about the storage bins few days ago. sucks we won't have it. the RS door panel looks cool.

Old 12-29-2006, 06:31 PM
zona is infamous around these partszona is infamous around these parts
True weight of a North Amaerican 997GT3-
ouch!

Don't expect the RS to be much lighter!

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ad.php?t=68345

Originally Posted by 6088TTS
From reading that letter, i just recalled Porsche wanted to use the Carbon Fiber hood for the USDM RS for additional weight saving since it does not have Plexi Glass for Rear windows and also no GT3 seats... they were going to use it which i was very happy about because not even the ROW models had it... up until 2 days ago i got this info from my dealership saying that they have decided not to install the CF hoods on the RS... this had me thinking that there is really no differeces in weight between the USDM RS and GT3... in ROW models the RS is only 10kg lighter than the GT3 due to Plexi Glass, GT3 Seats, and light weight fly wheels etc. From the beginning they knew that things such as the Plexi Glass and GT3 seats aren't going to make it state side and that is why they put the sunroof on the GT3s to compensate the weight differece... if they didn't put the sunroof on the GT3 that extra 10kg differece would have been 'nada' from the get go and the RS would've weighted in more on the scale than the standard GT3... there is the reason why they wanted to put in the CF hood and trunk lid to make the RS lighter than the GT3 again... well up until 2 days ago that is... now seems like we'd have to wait until the RS hits our shores and do a real Weight in between the two cars... bone to bone...

Alan

Last edited by zona; 12-29-2006 at 06:33 PM.
Old 12-29-2006, 07:08 PM
justdumb is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ixlr82
I am really tired of hearing the rants about how the GT3 RS doesn't have this and doesn't have that and why does it cost so much more than the regular GT3.
It costs more because it has equipment the standard GT3 doesn't. Only you're not getting it. But hey, pay that premium anyway. I'm sure Porsche will appreciate the gesture and keep your generosity in mind when you make a warranty claim.

Old 12-30-2006, 02:05 PM
ixlr82 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by F**K
It costs more because it has equipment the standard GT3 doesn't. Only you're not getting it. But hey, pay that premium anyway. I'm sure Porsche will appreciate the gesture and keep your generosity in mind when you make a warranty claim.
On the contrary I do get it!! I am just tired of the complaining of why Porsche does this and that, everyone has a choice either you can buy the car or don't buy the car, but stop complaining. That IMO, and I and out.

Old 12-30-2006, 02:15 PM
rs200evo has a spectacular aura aboutrs200evo has a spectacular aura aboutrs200evo has a spectacular aura about
for all of you that were not old enough to remember, the 73rs's, of which i owned 2, and a 74 rs, were not even able to be imported into the usa. we had no choices, we couldn't import them. if you don't like what the factory produces, don't buy it.

Old 12-30-2006, 02:42 PM
zona is infamous around these partszona is infamous around these parts
Good point.......but those were for true RS's and not some watered down defintion of "RS" version. I think everyones point is if the baseline definition of an "RS" has alresdy been established, then for my $130,000 thats what I should be getting and not a $105,000 GT3 with a different wing and wider hips with side graphics for an additional $25k.
Now don't get me wrong, the GT3's and the RS are great cars, no one is griping about the cost or performance of the standard GT3. Its just IMO the additional dollors don't equate to any advantage over the standard GT3.
-z

Originally Posted by rs200evo
for all of you that were not old enough to remember, the 73rs's, of which i owned 2, and a 74 rs, were not even able to be imported into the usa. we had no choices, we couldn't import them. if you don't like what the factory produces, don't buy it.

Old 12-30-2006, 03:29 PM
rs200evo has a spectacular aura aboutrs200evo has a spectacular aura aboutrs200evo has a spectacular aura about
can you imagine where the porsche company and its cars would be if they listened to us !!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: BAD NEWS!!! for us RS buyers!!!