Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

BAD NEWS!!! for us RS buyers!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-26-2006, 05:39 PM
6088TTS has a spectacular aura about6088TTS has a spectacular aura about6088TTS has a spectacular aura about
BAD NEWS!!! for us RS buyers!!!

i don't know if this is old news... but i just got this INFO from my Porsche dealer:
The GT3RS coming to the states does not have the following:
1. GT3RS roll bar (old news)
2. GT3 Bucket Seats (old news)
3. last definitly not least!!! NO CARBON FIBER HOOD AND TRUCK!!!(NEWS!!!) The wing blade will be carbon though...

if i forgot something please don't hesistate to point them out... but this no carbon fiber hood thing is really a Downer... and now the RS has absolutely NO advantage over the GT3 except the sunroof... can someone estimate how much less the RS will weigh than the GT3 if any??? i am seriously considering NOT to pickup my RS now... just does not justify the 20k premium over the GT3!!! maybe the GT3 is the better deal of the two??? please share your opinions!!!

PS. whats wrong with asking for reps??? man's gotta eat!!! hahaha

Alan

Last edited by 6088TTS; 12-26-2006 at 06:28 PM.
Old 12-26-2006, 05:49 PM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
I'll rep ya lol.

Old 12-26-2006, 05:53 PM
justdumb is infamous around these parts
This is why I took my deposit back when I saw the DOT denied all the exemptions Porsche petitioned for. You don't get the RS goodies, but you still get the RS price.

Still a great looking car though.

Old 12-26-2006, 06:20 PM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
If you take the RS out of the GT3RS, is it really still a GT3RS? The difference between the two cars seemingly is growing more and more narrow. Correct me if I'm wrong, but now the 20K (or more) premium is going towards, no sunroof, slightly longer wheelbase and wider body, wheels/tires. Beautiful car and wow I'd love to have one. If nothing else, the sheer number of cars being produced with the RS VIN will always make it a collectors car. But if you're buying it to drive it and put miles on the street or track, it sounds like if you take the 20K difference and use it to lighten the stock GT3 and make some other mods, you're going to easily surpass the performance of the RS, but then you wont be part of that exclusive GT3RS owners club. But wow that Black/Orange GT3RS is beautiful!!!

Old 12-26-2006, 06:26 PM
6088TTS has a spectacular aura about6088TTS has a spectacular aura about6088TTS has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
If you take the RS out of the GT3RS, is it really still a GT3RS? The difference between the two cars seemingly is growing more and more narrow. Correct me if I'm wrong, but now the 20K (or more) premium is going towards, no sunroof, slightly longer wheelbase and wider body, wheels/tires. Beautiful car and wow I'd love to have one. If nothing else, the sheer number of cars being produced with the RS VIN will always make it a collectors car. But if you're buying it to drive it and put miles on the street or track, it sounds like if you take the 20K difference and use it to lighten the stock GT3 and make some other mods, you're going to easily surpass the performance of the RS, but then you wont be part of that exclusive GT3RS owners club. But wow that Black/Orange GT3RS is beautiful!!!
so true scott!!! and 20k toward a GT3 will make it a ROW RS and some!!!
1. 5k for the GT3 seats
2. 2k for the front hood
3. 3-4k for the trunk and wing
4. 1-1.5k for the roll cage
5. ECU and exhaust probably around 3-4k
6. 4k 19in BBS Racing wheels
7. 200 for GT3 side stickers
and now you got a RS killer for the same price as the RS... plus the sunroof!!! hahaha

Alan

Last edited by 6088TTS; 12-26-2006 at 06:28 PM.
Old 12-26-2006, 06:28 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Gentleman

No need to worry, What Porsche cant and wont supply you for the RS . We will be more than happy to accommodate any and all requests to make the cars even better..

We have a few customers that have cars arriving soon. Which will be modified and improved.......We are also working on a complete tuning package for the cars which will include:
Engine performance
Gearbox- revised gear ratio's
Body package- lightweight panels
Safety- Harness bar and cage
Suspension- Upgrade ( uprights-dampers-suspension links- bladed sway bar kit)

Stay tuned !!!!

I will report more as soon as they arrive.........

Old 12-26-2006, 07:25 PM
Josh is a jewel in the roughJosh is a jewel in the roughJosh is a jewel in the roughJosh is a jewel in the rough
If you don't want your RS, I will gladly take your spot. My dealer only got 1 RS and I unfortunately had a deposit for a #2 place in line. I had to settle for a regular GT3 allocation which I have mixed feelings about, but I still really wanted a 997.
I was going to add all of the RS parts we did not get in the US had I gotten an RS.

I don't believe the RS is offered anywhere with a carbon fiber hood (trunk lid). Where is that stated?

Old 12-26-2006, 07:46 PM
Originally Posted by Josh
If you don't want your RS, I will gladly take your spot. My dealer only got 1 RS and I unfortunately had a deposit for a #2 place in line. I had to settle for a regular GT3 allocation which I have mixed feelings about, but I still really wanted a 997.
I was going to add all of the RS parts we did not get in the US had I gotten an RS.

I don't believe the RS is offered anywhere with a carbon fiber hood (trunk lid). Where is that stated?
It is offered carbon fiber hood for the ROW cars... Proof can be found if you do a search of Walter Rohon signing a 997GT3RS's hood... That photo clearly shows the RS has a carbon kevlar hood

Alan

Old 12-26-2006, 08:02 PM
cnc
Awaiting Email Confirmation
cnc is infamous around these parts
It'll cost you more than $20K to add the wide body, rear suspension changes and light fly wheel.

You will never be able to turn a GT3 into a GTRS, and only a fool or aftermarkets parts supplier would try! The GT3 is still a great car!

Old 12-26-2006, 08:16 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cnc
It'll cost you more than $20K to add the wide body, rear suspension changes and light fly wheel.

You will never be able to turn a GT3 into a GTRS, and only a fool or aftermarkets parts supplier would try! The GT3 is still a great car!
Kind sir...

I would disagree .

Real Tuners and race teams have been building better Porsche's (Ruf,9FF,Manthey etc )for over 20 years. Not to mention the fact that todays racing technology easily translates to road cars as most of the RS based cars today are very similar to Cup and other racing class specifications..

While, I agree it may not be in an in-expensive proposition.

But to say that a fool would try to build a better car than a factory RS specification is clearly speaking out of context, considering the company one is in on this board. IMHO... hahahaha

Old 12-26-2006, 08:28 PM
rs200evo has a spectacular aura aboutrs200evo has a spectacular aura aboutrs200evo has a spectacular aura about
try importing a euro spec gt3rs with those options and see what happens

Old 12-26-2006, 10:45 PM
cnc
I said only a fool would try and turn a 997 GT3 into a 997 GT3 RS (or an aftermarkets parts supplier, who is not a fool, because they stand to make a great deal of money selling parts to the "fool").

Of course you can alway improve, but taking a base 997 GT3 and trying to turn it into a 997 GT3 RS is a "fools errand".

Start with a cup car if you must!

Originally Posted by Fabryce@GMGRacing
Kind sir...

I would disagree .

Real Tuners and race teams have been building better Porsche's (Ruf,9FF,Manthey etc )for over 20 years. Not to mention the fact that todays racing technology easily translates to road cars as most of the RS based cars today are very similar to Cup and other racing class specifications..

While, I agree it may not be in an in-expensive proposition.

But to say that a fool would try to build a better car than a factory RS specification is clearly speaking out of context, considering the company one is in on this board. IMHO... hahahaha

Old 12-27-2006, 12:55 AM
justdumb is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by cnc
Of course you can alway improve, but taking a base 997 GT3 and trying to turn it into a 997 GT3 RS is a "fools errand".
IMO, only if you're concerned with the wider fenders. Otherwise...

Old 12-27-2006, 01:36 AM
cnc
So you agree!

The wider fenders and resultant tweaks are part of the recipe that makes an RS.

However if one wants to pretend that a GT3 (modified) is an RS, well have at it, there are many out there who will take your money and pretend you are accomplishing something worthwhile....and don't forget to remove the sunroof.

Old 12-27-2006, 01:37 AM
PN-
PN- is infamous around these parts
I dont think the RS's front bonnet is any different to the standard GT3.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: BAD NEWS!!! for us RS buyers!!!