Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Paint to sample on a 997 GT3 ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 10:36 AM
ralfabco is infamous around these parts
Paint to sample on a 997 GT3 ?

Apparently their were a very few 996 GT3 autos, that were painted in special paint to sample colors. A P salesman whom I spoke with, was not able to swing, a paint to sample for a potential factory ordered 04 car. I do not know how far he actually attempted, to push for the special request.

Has anyone heard of what procedure/s were required, to actually obtain a special order GT3 paint to sample in either the USA or ROW ? I understand that what works for a certain individual, will most likely not work for everyone else. The colors being offered today are rather tame.

Are their any special request options/items, that are listed outside of the order guide ? It seems odd that they will pimp out virtually any P car, and that they actually encourage and promote these possibilites. However with the GT3, the exterior options are quite limited.

Last edited by ralfabco; 01-01-2007 at 10:44 AM.
Old 01-01-2007, 11:09 AM
zona is infamous around these partszona is infamous around these parts
According to the US GT3 Order specs, the paint to sample order codes are:
  • 98- Non-metalic paint to sample
  • 99- Metallic paint to sample
Both have a cost of $4,315

Their is probably a little extra work for the salesman when a "paint to sample is made, and could be the reason for the push back!
-z

Originally Posted by ralfabco
Apparently their were a very few 996 GT3 autos, that were painted in special paint to sample colors. A P salesman whom I spoke with, was not able to swing, a paint to sample for a potential factory ordered 04 car. I do not know how far he actually attempted, to push for the special request.

Has anyone heard of what procedure/s were required, to actually obtain a special order GT3 paint to sample in either the USA or ROW ? I understand that what works for a certain individual, will most likely not work for everyone else. The colors being offered today are rather tame.

Are their any special request options/items, that are listed outside of the order guide ? It seems odd that they will pimp out virtually any P car, and that they actually encourage and promote these possibilites. However with the GT3, the exterior options are quite limited.