Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

996 GT3 to F355 - Worth it?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 04:48 PM
Josh is a jewel in the roughJosh is a jewel in the roughJosh is a jewel in the roughJosh is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Bike
2 completely different cars

porsche = daily driver, boring car, fast not pretty
ferrari = passion, sound of engine, smell of the car etc

ferrari 355, the whole experience that makes it a good car...dont buy it because you want a fast car.

just my 2cents
First and foremost, Porsche is owned by Porsche, Ferrari is owned by Fiat.

Boring? Clearly your Porsche driving experiences are either very limited or non existent. Not pretty? Porsche's timeless design is carried through in every car they make. A design synonymous with winning. Form following function. It is pure perfection to the true enthusiast. Porsche has more racing victories than any other car company in the world has and ever will. What is Ferrari's excuse for their identity crisis and drastically changing designs? They've dropped some nasty cars on the ground in the past. Why is the 599 almost indistinguishable from a Mazada RX8 and a strong contender for the styling of the new Corvette C7? What happened?

Sound of a Ferrari's engine? They all sound sad compared to the Carrera GT. Smell of the car? Did someone drop a Stromboli in it at the factory? Perhaps it is the stench of hair cream on the headrests.

Porsche is for drivers, Ferrari is for the less endowed.

Just my two cents.

Last edited by Josh; 01-12-2007 at 04:56 PM.
Old 01-12-2007, 05:25 PM
ZLP
ZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Josh

Just my two cents.
Haha "Bike" just got OWNED

Old 01-12-2007, 05:45 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !

Boring? Clearly your Porsche driving experiences are either very limited or non existent. Not pretty? Porsche's timeless design is carried through in every car they make. A design synonymous with winning. Form following function. It is pure perfection to the true enthusiast. Porsche has more racing victories than any other car company in the world has and ever will. What is Ferrari's excuse for their identity crisis and drastically changing designs? They've dropped some nasty cars on the ground in the past. Why is the 599 almost indistinguishable from a Mazada RX8 and a strong contender for the styling of the new Corvette C7? What happened?

Sound of a Ferrari's engine? They all sound sad compared to the Carrera GT. Smell of the car? Did someone drop a Stromboli in it at the factory? Perhaps it is the stench of hair cream on the headrests.

Just my two cents.
Amazing post !!!!!!

Old 01-12-2007, 05:49 PM
frayed is infamous around these parts
I think that the 599 in person is stunning, that The 360 exection was near flawless when launched, but has a dated front end today, and that Ferrari fooked up a great design with the boy racer lines of the F430. The smell of my 360 was *amazing*. The leather is a step above what I had in my 997S. And, while there seem to be many 355 lovers in this thread, I think they look quite dated and have not and will not stand the test of time like their Porsche contemporary at the time, the 993.

Carrera GTs are pretty pricey but more exotic than the F430 or 599 IMO.

But in the end, if you can be blind to badges for a moment and the fact that a GT3 won't pass as an exotic to the passer-by, these modern Porsches offer an uncompromised driving experience. My 360 made a lot of noise and was reasonably fast, but all that noise IMO masked an inferior chassis despite use of aluminum, wide track, A arm suspension, etc etc. Again stripping away the exotic car appearance and badge, I felt the 360 underdelivered, it was a car that is not greater than the sum of its parts like the GT3. But hey, just my opinion.

Old 01-12-2007, 05:50 PM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
I would go for a 99 GTS or Spider, Heck its low mileage plus its equipped with the best sounding Exhaust for the 355 which is the Tubi Mufflers.

Old 01-13-2007, 04:51 AM
Bike is a jewel in the roughBike is a jewel in the roughBike is a jewel in the rough
LOL guys, just accept that this is my opinion....not everyone has the same opinion (thank god, it would be a boring world with only porsches or ferraris on the road)

The topic starter asked if it's worth to change from a GT3 to a F355 and I gave him my opinion. Should I agree with you because I am on a porsche forum here? No, I stick with MY OWN OPINION.

EDIT: lol, thanks for giving me a bad rep score....really mature....just because someone has a different opinion.

Old 01-13-2007, 05:18 AM
atan888 has much to be proud ofatan888 has much to be proud ofatan888 has much to be proud ofatan888 has much to be proud ofatan888 has much to be proud ofatan888 has much to be proud ofatan888 has much to be proud ofatan888 has much to be proud of
ok just buy this from me and ill give you a deal 14k miles , major service done and lots of new goodies incl a capristo exhaust.

Attached Images   

Last edited by atan888; 01-13-2007 at 05:23 AM.
Old 01-13-2007, 03:13 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Alvin your 355 is absolutely stunning, someone is getting hell of a car

Old 01-13-2007, 04:37 PM
FNR32 is a jewel in the roughFNR32 is a jewel in the roughFNR32 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by atan888
ok just buy this from me and ill give you a deal 14k miles , major service done and lots of new goodies incl a capristo exhaust.
How much are you asking for that 355 sir?

Old 01-13-2007, 04:40 PM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
IMO you are a taking a HUGE step backwords

Christian

Old 01-13-2007, 05:19 PM
FNR32 is a jewel in the roughFNR32 is a jewel in the roughFNR32 is a jewel in the rough
Fiat owns a portion, not all of it. It's split between Fiat, Mediobanca, Mubadala, and Enzo's son Piero.

Old 01-14-2007, 12:54 AM
Nico is infamous around these partsNico is infamous around these parts
My God, what a thread this has become. Did i cause all this?

Old 01-14-2007, 01:30 AM
ZLP
ZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud of
atan, that 355 is HOT!

Old 01-14-2007, 04:09 AM
atan888 has much to be proud ofatan888 has much to be proud ofatan888 has much to be proud ofatan888 has much to be proud ofatan888 has much to be proud ofatan888 has much to be proud ofatan888 has much to be proud ofatan888 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ZLP
atan, that 355 is HOT!
thank you sir

Old 01-14-2007, 04:21 AM
Originally Posted by FNR32
How much are you asking for that 355 sir?

looking to get 94k with everything on it. thats less than the stock price with higher miles. and my car comes with no stories and is in excellent condition

and I will also pay the first 1500 in shipping with that price for 6speed members only.

thanks
alvin

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 996 GT3 to F355 - Worth it?