Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Test: Porsche 997 GT3 RS vs Corvette Z06

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 10:24 PM
zona is infamous around these partszona is infamous around these parts
WTF?.................I would have lost that bet!

The GM engineers must still be scratching their heads!

The RS gives up
  • 70lbs to the ZO6
  • 90 hp
  • 170 lb-ft of torque
And the RS still beats it by 4 seconds!
DDDDDAAAAAAAMMMMMNNNNNN!
-Z

Old 01-12-2007, 10:35 PM
SD1
SD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura about
If I had the means I am very sure I would enjoy the GT3 experience moreso then the Vette, who wouldn't? But geesh, the Vette is undeniably fast. You have to know with some slicks and a racing seat that 5/10ths would evaporate.

Old 01-12-2007, 11:42 PM
hesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nice
Originally Posted by 05997S
If I had the means I am very sure I would enjoy the GT3 experience moreso then the Vette, who wouldn't? But geesh, the Vette is undeniably fast. You have to know with some slicks and a racing seat that 5/10ths would evaporate.
yes, the results do surprise me. once more, props to the chevy guys. that's impressive, considering that the RS is the most focused street car Porsche have.

i wonder what the lap times would have been if the RS was on street tires, not R-compounds. or conversely, as was mentioned, the 'Vette was on R-compound tires.

would be interesting if they had sector times or posted the GPS traces, so we could see where each car was faster or slower than the other. those are always really illustrative...

Old 01-12-2007, 11:50 PM
mowblowgo is infamous around these parts
Nice find and great pics! Both very good cars but certainly for completely different buyers. Performance bargain or not, I can't imagine an RS buyer losing sleep over that choice.

Old 01-13-2007, 01:11 AM
pakisho is infamous around these parts
R Compounds on the Corvette=bad news for the 911.

Loving the center exhaust on the GT3.

Old 01-13-2007, 01:53 AM
NJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud of
On a 2 minutes lap, the MPSC is 2 secs faster than the PS2, and the PS2 are faster tires than the heavy run flats on the Vette. The Vette with MPSC will pull 1.5 secs over the RS easily.

Old 01-13-2007, 01:55 AM
SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !
Yup, agreed.

Put the same tires on the Z06 and the RS would fall behind pretty quickly.

Very impressive for the Vet since it was up against Porsches best of the best (Excluding the CGT)..

Old 01-13-2007, 02:10 AM
6088TTS has a spectacular aura about6088TTS has a spectacular aura about6088TTS has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by SCvet00
Yup, agreed.

Put the same tires on the Z06 and the RS would fall behind pretty quickly.

Very impressive for the Vet since it was up against Porsches best of the best (Excluding the CGT)..
tires would put the Vette infront for around 2 secondes... but the HP advantage is much greater... which mean the GT3 RS still kicks ***...

Alan

Old 01-13-2007, 02:11 AM
Most-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond repute
Yes the Z06 is impressive, but it's still a GM No way would I pay that kind of money to drive a car with an outdated plastic interior or build quality that it has.

Old 01-13-2007, 02:31 AM
bli8 is infamous around these partsbli8 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by pakisho
R Compounds on the Corvette=bad news for the 911.

Loving the center exhaust on the GT3.
+1. P0 Corsas, PSC, or A048's are probably at least 1 to 1.5 seconds faster than the Goodyears, bad bad news for GT3-RS. Porsche better drop that 3.8L motor in the engine bay soon. If not, my next car ain't going to be a P Car.

Old 01-13-2007, 02:34 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Most-Wanted
Yes the Z06 is impressive, but it's still a GM No way would I pay that kind of money to drive a car with an outdated plastic interior or build quality that it has.
HAHAHAHAH, that's aweful. Is that the Ferrari guys excuse as well? When you go less than 100k for a sports car that out performs most supercars you have to deal with some plastic. The corvette is faster and all the excuses in the world wont change that. Of course I expect the porsche faithful to find a reason not to like the vette for that reason. Dont mind my screen name I have a C5 but I bought a TT over the Z06 because I still dont favor it.

That RS is gorgeous but it will take the GT2 to beat that Z on equal tires because IMO good tires > 70lbs, 90, and 170 ft lbs less so I think the vette was at the dissadvantage.

Old 01-13-2007, 02:54 AM
SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 6088TTS
tires would put the Vette infront for around 2 secondes... but the HP advantage is much greater... which mean the GT3 RS still kicks ***...

Alan
You have two great handling cars. One of the great handling car has more HP and is the faster car (Z06). The other great handling car is slower with less HP (RS). Of course the faster, great handling car is going to outlap the slower, great handling car..

Last edited by SCvet00; 01-13-2007 at 02:59 AM.
Old 01-13-2007, 02:56 AM
Hope is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by zona
WTF?.................I would have lost that bet!

The GM engineers must still be scratching their heads!

The RS gives up
  • 70lbs to the ZO6
  • 90 hp
  • 170 lb-ft of torque
And the RS still beats it by 4 seconds!
DDDDDAAAAAAAMMMMMNNNNNN!
-Z
Surely you're joking. The RS is essentially a RACE CAR. R compound tires, a suspension that'll have you puking fillings, etc. I don't understand how anyone can flame a car (let alone one on runflats) that laps so close to such a beast (regardless of make).

Old 01-13-2007, 02:57 AM
Originally Posted by heavychevy
HAHAHAHAH, that's aweful. Is that the Ferrari guys excuse as well?
Exactly what my next post was going to be to that so original comment from Most-Wanted..

Old 01-13-2007, 03:06 AM
ZLP
ZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Hope
a suspension that'll have you puking fillings,
And the Z06 is any better? Talk about a horrible ride for the street! BTW I think its funny that you went out of your way to register on a forum just to defend the Z06. We all "Hope" that you and SCvet go back to the corvetteforums.com Z06 circle jerk and stop trolling here.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Test: Porsche 997 GT3 RS vs Corvette Z06