Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Test: Porsche 997 GT3 RS vs Corvette Z06

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 03:25 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ZLP
And the Z06 is any better? Talk about a horrible ride for the street! BTW I think its funny that you went out of your way to register on a forum just to defend the Z06. We all "Hope" that you and SCvet go back to the corvetteforums.com Z06 circle jerk and stop trolling here.
I may have to agree because SCvet has nearly every post on a Z06 thread and even the ones that dont he still manages to talk about it, but there are porsche trolls on the vette forums too so............ , I dont care one way or the other but can see how it gets anoying.

Old 01-13-2007, 03:29 AM
SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ZLP
And the Z06 is any better? Talk about a horrible ride for the street! BTW I think its funny that you went out of your way to register on a forum just to defend the Z06. We all "Hope" that you and SCvet go back to the corvetteforums.com Z06 circle jerk and stop trolling here.
We are not trolling, just speaking facts. Facts are that a Porsche RACE car on racing tires and racing suspension was not even .5 secs ahead of a Corvette on RUNFLATS..

You don't have to give props to the Corvette, dont worry, your in-denial posts screams exaclty that loud and clear...

Last edited by SCvet00; 01-13-2007 at 03:31 AM.
Old 01-13-2007, 03:29 AM
Hope is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ZLP
Yes, I registered in November to defend the z06 in this thread. Your powers of deduction are surpassed only by my precognitive abilities

Old 01-13-2007, 03:34 AM
Byronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to behold
Oh here we go again porsche is better no corvette is better argument. Opinions are like okole's (oh-cole-lee's) and everyone has one.

Aloha

Byron

Old 01-13-2007, 03:38 AM
Alex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Byronmaui
Oh here we go again porsche is better no corvette is better argument. Opinions are like okole's (oh-cole-lee's) and everyone has one.

Aloha

Byron
I knew it!

Props to the original poster. Thanks for the pics.

Now that I am physically, mentally and emotionally drained from reading the other posts (kicking myself for that), I will sign off from this thread.

Old 01-13-2007, 03:46 AM
ZLP
ZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Hope
Yes, I registered in November to defend the z06 in this thread. Your powers of deduction are surpassed only by my precognitive abilities
Hmm 2 of your whole 3 posts are doing exactly that! Silly trolls

Old 01-13-2007, 03:54 AM
Hope is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ZLP
Hmm 2 of your whole 3 posts are doing exactly that! Silly trolls
Really, because I only see one

Eagerly awaiting your next misplaced "",

Jon

Old 01-13-2007, 04:00 AM
Gabriel is infamous around these parts
The Z06 is as fast but a car is not just performance right?

Old 01-13-2007, 04:52 AM
6088TTS has a spectacular aura about6088TTS has a spectacular aura about6088TTS has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by SCvet00
We are not trolling, just speaking facts. Facts are that a Porsche RACE car on racing tires and racing suspension was not even .5 secs ahead of a Corvette on RUNFLATS..

You don't have to give props to the Corvette, dont worry, your in-denial posts screams exaclty that loud and clear...
the GT3RS is based on a GT2 classed car (Le Mans standards) and the vette is in GT1... totally different class... its like saying compare a Lap time between the Carrera GT (based on Prototype I class) and Corvette (GT1 again)... no comparison when you are talking about Race car or not... i mean everyone who have track experience will tell you that the PSC will give no more than 2 second faster lap times on ANY CAR... so stop pointing to the fact that the RS has Rs and the Corvette on Runflats... we are talking about 3.6L vs. 7.0L, 415HP vs. 507hp, and almost same weight... so the GT3RS did amazingly well in my book and surpasses my expectations... i thought the Z06 was gonna win this one since its on a high speed track where HP matters alot more... i admit the Corvette is probably the best "bang for the buck"... but hey RS drivers don't do "bang for the buck"... i mean a fully modded S2000 which is much cheaper than the Z06 will smoke it on any track possible (now thats "Bang for the Buck") and i don't see anyone of you guys trooling around in a S2000... so stop this Corvette is better than Porsche thing... we drive what we drive and i happen to rather drive a Boxter than a Z06... but thats just me...

Alan

Old 01-13-2007, 05:21 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SCvet00

In denial???? Go and check your posts man, the only time you post on this website is when it's related to a Z06. Now that is trolling if I've ever seen it. People like you cause these never ending (until locked) my car is better than yours threads, but you dont see that part do you. Go back and read all those threads you have posted in that got locked and tell me that you dont see your name with more posts than anyone else. You can argue that guys here wont accept that the Z06 is faster than every p-car accept the CGT (no longer in production) and the GT2 (not yet on the streets) and I would agree with you, some here may not beleive it, some may deny it, some will make excuses but your arguing wont change that.

I was stating a point and didnt want any one to associate me with you because of my screen name. I love my twin turbo C5 vette and could care less about a Z06. I am not blinded by brand loyalty to any brand but you could hardly say the same thing. I love all cars and there is no perfect car. You just want to make sure all the porsche guys know your Z06 is faster. What other boards do you troll on?? How many of your posts say something related to appreciating a p-car???? You just dont get it.

I would bet money that if I took a poll and asked everyone to look at your post history and vote if they thought you were a troll 70+ percent would vote yes. At some point you have to look in the mirror, everyone cant be wrong, yeah people are biased towards their porsche, that's how these websites get created, you are biased towards the Z06 and there are severel places to post it, the porsche forum is not the ideal place IMO.

I'm not going to allow you to ruin another thread on my behalf so you can have the last word since you seem so intent on doing so, I just wanted to make myself clear. If you have a Z06 good for you, enjoy it, if not, good luck getting one, but let there be some peaceful threads around here without all the garbage.

Any car can be better than any other car based on the person buying it based on there intentions with it, financial situation, and plain personal preferences. Hopefully someday these "grown" men will realize that you dont have to put another car down to feel good about your own car. The best thing about them is the variety, one size or style does nto fit all, deal with it!!!!

Old 01-13-2007, 05:52 AM
Boyko23 is infamous around these parts
I think that the results are clear:
Rs is faster - a race is more than a lap, so the gap will be huge at the end of the track day. Nobody is responsible (except GM) that Z06 is on runflats. IF is a big word, but has no place here, because we are talking about stock models.. Rs has specialy developed slick tires, which are usable on streets and tracks. So can you imagine a Z06 with slicks on the street?

Old 01-13-2007, 06:07 AM
Originally Posted by Boyko23
I think that the results are clear:
Rs is faster - a race is more than a lap, so the gap will be huge at the end of the track day. Nobody is responsible (except GM) that Z06 is on runflats. IF is a big word, but has no place here, because we are talking about stock models.. Rs has specialy developed slick tires, which are usable on streets and tracks. So can you imagine a Z06 with slicks on the street?
You dont really believe that do you???? The RS is not faster. Yes GM isnt going to put MPSC's on a vette because they cost too much and wear faster than the runflats, but to say that the RS is faster is not true, faster as equipped, then yeah, but a faster car, no.

Old 01-13-2007, 06:16 AM
hesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nice
Originally Posted by heavychevy
You dont really believe that do you???? The RS is not faster. Yes GM isnt going to put MPSC's on a vette because they cost too much and wear faster than the runflats, but to say that the RS is faster is not true, faster as equipped, then yeah, but a faster car, no.
I think one way to look at it is this-- ANY owner who is really serious about tracking his car, is also probably the type of person who would do a bit of fettling here and there to make his car faster or more fun on the track.

Which means that many Z06 owners are likely to eventually ditch the runflats, in favor of better tires-- quite possibly R-compounds, Hoosiers, etc.

Hence, while it is correct to say that-- from the showroom-- the RS is faster... as the cars are actually used (by serious trackday/DE drivers,) that is not clearly the case.

Just playing devil's advocate... i've got a GT3 after all, and really wanted the RS to completely wipe the floor with the Z06... but well... props to the 'Vette.

oh, and is it just me, or does that up close rear quarter shot of the 'Vette with the four bazooka tailpipes just look simply AWESOME?!?!

cheers!

Old 01-13-2007, 06:28 AM
Ryan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to all
very delicious article!!! thanks

does anyone really think the tires make a 100HP difference?

Old 01-13-2007, 06:33 AM
Boyko23 is infamous around these parts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by heavychevy
I think you are blind
H-ring is a FAST track. A fast track was the only chance for the Z06 to be faster due to its power advantage, but it isn't! Honestly I am pretty impresed by this fact... Now imagine what happens on a small course, which are most of the track in Europe, not in the USA - no chance for the Vette!
Tyres are different story - you can put slicks on the Vette, but this is the same with the RS - its Cup tyres are good, but not the best decision for the track only...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Test: Porsche 997 GT3 RS vs Corvette Z06