Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Test: Porsche 997 GT3 RS vs Corvette Z06

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 07:27 AM
pilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nice
THanks Erik...these are some stunning RS shots

Old 01-13-2007, 07:31 AM
BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !
WTF??
Here we go again with how a Big Mac is better than a Porterhouse steak again.

Old 01-13-2007, 09:43 AM
rr4
rr4 is infamous around these parts
The GT3RS "cup" tires ARE NOT the cup tires as we know it.
The cup tires on the RS are new, specifically made for the GT3RS for ROAD USE. It is a new design/compound that sacrifices dry grip for wet grip.
The GT3RS with "real" cup tires will be even quicker.

Further, the Z06 has 85hp more than the GT3RS. So to clarify, in order for the MIGHTY Corvette Z06 to match the performance of the GT3RS the Corvette needs 85 more HP.

Oh but the Z06 is $50K cheaper you say.
Chevy wouldn't sell one Z06 if it was priced at the RS's range AND if the RS was priced in Z06 range, no one would buy the Z06.

To me the real winner is the RS, by far.

Old 01-13-2007, 09:56 AM
SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by heavychevy
In denial???? Go and check your posts man, the only time you post on this website is when it's related to a Z06. Now that is trolling if I've ever seen it. People like you cause these never ending (until locked) my car is better than yours threads, but you dont see that part do you. Go back and read all those threads you have posted in that got locked and tell me that you dont see your name with more posts than anyone else. You can argue that guys here wont accept that the Z06 is faster than every p-car accept the CGT (no longer in production) and the GT2 (not yet on the streets) and I would agree with you, some here may not beleive it, some may deny it, some will make excuses but your arguing wont change that.

I was stating a point and didnt want any one to associate me with you because of my screen name. I love my twin turbo C5 vette and could care less about a Z06. I am not blinded by brand loyalty to any brand but you could hardly say the same thing. I love all cars and there is no perfect car. You just want to make sure all the porsche guys know your Z06 is faster. What other boards do you troll on?? How many of your posts say something related to appreciating a p-car???? You just dont get it.

I would bet money that if I took a poll and asked everyone to look at your post history and vote if they thought you were a troll 70+ percent would vote yes. At some point you have to look in the mirror, everyone cant be wrong, yeah people are biased towards their porsche, that's how these websites get created, you are biased towards the Z06 and there are severel places to post it, the porsche forum is not the ideal place IMO.

I'm not going to allow you to ruin another thread on my behalf so you can have the last word since you seem so intent on doing so, I just wanted to make myself clear. If you have a Z06 good for you, enjoy it, if not, good luck getting one, but let there be some peaceful threads around here without all the garbage.

Any car can be better than any other car based on the person buying it based on there intentions with it, financial situation, and plain personal preferences. Hopefully someday these "grown" men will realize that you dont have to put another car down to feel good about your own car. The best thing about them is the variety, one size or style does nto fit all, deal with it!!!!
Go back and read EVERY post I have made. It might be regarding the Z06, but I state the truth. The difference between these guys and myself is that I am not blinded by brand loyalty. Where have I EVER said the Z06 is the BETTER car? Go look at all my posts and you will NOT find such statement. What I have stated is that the Z06 is the faster/quicker car than the 997 TT (Which it is) and that the RS in this test is Porsches best (almost) that wasn't even able to beat the Z06 by .5 sec while having R compund tires.

These are facts, if you don't want to deal with them, then you, like the rest, are in denial, period.

Old 01-13-2007, 12:29 PM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by F**K
I think the Z06 is my favorite car in the whole wide world to discuss because it throws so many people into a tizzy.
Amen to that...

Oh, and my pee-pee is bigger than yours, so there!

Old 01-13-2007, 12:31 PM
justdumb is infamous around these parts
I think the Z06 is my favorite car in the whole wide world to discuss because it throws so many people into a tizzy.

Cheap interior! General Motors! Ho ho! Whatever. On equal footing (tires), on a track, it'd f'ng destroy a GT3 RS or 997 Turbo or anything else Porsche is currently producing. I still wouldn't buy one, but it is what it is and it does what it does. No use in denying it.

Old 01-13-2007, 01:16 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BBGT2
WTF??
Here we go again with how a Big Mac is better than a Porterhouse steak again.
yes Big Mac come with free bun.

got the batty. u da man. thx!

Old 01-13-2007, 01:19 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
I cancelled mine for a V6 mustang.

Old 01-13-2007, 01:36 PM
BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 20C4S
yes Big Mac come with free bun.

got the batty. u da man. thx!

True you get a bun, but with the PH you get a baked potato. Its better than a bun, you know healthier.

NP on the batty.

Old 01-13-2007, 02:30 PM
ZLP
ZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Hope
Really, because I only see one

Eagerly awaiting your next misplaced "",

Jon
We can all see your post history. You are not fooling anyone here.

Old 01-13-2007, 03:19 PM
SRW
SRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond repute
997 Turbo vs Z06 = Z06 wins, vids are all over the net

997 GT3 RS vs Z06 = Z06 wins if it had better tires.

997 GT2 vs Z06 = Z06 wins [..............] fill in the blank answer

Old 01-13-2007, 03:25 PM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SRW
997 Turbo vs Z06 = Z06 wins, vids are all over the net

997 GT3 RS vs Z06 = Z06 wins if it had better tires.

997 GT2 vs Z06 = Z06 wins [..............] fill in the blank answer
Wins what? Are we still in high school? Who gets to go home with the head cheerleader? Pretty lame...

GM will become a winner once it realizes it needs to listen to people like Porsche owners if it ever wants "conquest" sales. The quality of construction/interior/etc. matters to a LOT of people.

Old 01-13-2007, 03:44 PM
SRW
SRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond repute
I was hoping for a Z06 owner to answer

Upcoming GT2 vs Z06 threads should be interesting 10pages of if's and butts

Old 01-13-2007, 03:44 PM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
I don't care house fast the Vette is, it's a great car but come on. You cannot compare it to the GT3RS, that signal green is sexy as hell

Christian

Last edited by Christian; 01-13-2007 at 03:58 PM.
Old 01-13-2007, 03:51 PM
'ringmeister is infamous around these parts
i admit the Corvette is probably the best "bang for the buck"... but hey RS drivers don't do "bang for the buck"... i mean a fully modded S2000 which is much cheaper than the Z06 will smoke it on any track possible (now thats "Bang for the Buck") and i don't see anyone of you guys trooling around in a S2000... so stop this Corvette is better than Porsche thing... we drive what we drive and i happen to rather drive a Boxter than a Z06... but thats just me...

Alan[/quote]
interesting that you use a modded s2000 as an example because that comparison was actually made. when car & driver did a big tuner car shootout at MIS a few years ago (the article was called "superfours" or something like that) the winner was a superchared s2000 prepared by comptech (yes same guys who ran acuras imsa/word challenge programs). heavily modified car with high-end ohlins coil-overs, etc. as a benchmark C&D also brought along a stock C5 zo6. the stock 'vette actually turned faster laps on the roadcourse and the author made the point that was a big does of reality for those who expend effort and dollars to enhance relatively humble cars. the cost of new s2000 with all the comptech modes was also more than the cost of the corvette. im not a corvette owner, nor do i want one but z06 is an impressive performer regardless of price.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Test: Porsche 997 GT3 RS vs Corvette Z06