Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Race School Recommendations

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 09:20 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by MiniDHinkle
What kind of car?

the 996tt as per my sig...

Last edited by sechsgang; 01-21-2007 at 12:20 AM.
Old 01-20-2007, 11:53 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Skip Barber - Hands down one of the best world wide!!!

Old 01-21-2007, 10:20 PM
chidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the rough
which schools require you to use your own cars and which ones provide cars?

Old 01-21-2007, 10:23 PM
E36M is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by chidoks
There are too many schools to anwser that. Just look on the web sites and they should say.

Old 01-22-2007, 11:08 AM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by chidoks

all skip barber uses their own cars...be it Porsches to Formula Dodges to Neons...

Old 12-28-2007, 12:25 PM
eriru is infamous around these parts
which driving technique books wolud you recommend, seen Vic Elford´s High Performance Driving Handbook, Speed secrets, Going Faster, any other you wlike.

thks and happy New Year.

Old 12-28-2007, 12:50 PM
Rec Racing has a spectacular aura aboutRec Racing has a spectacular aura about
Barber All The Way!

I agree, Skip Barber is the way to go. If you can travel to Sebring, great track and great experience I would say go! Be careful though, I attended the 3 day racing school and then the advanced 3 day school. The next thing you know I have two race cars, two trailers and a big truck to pull everything. It get's in your blood!

Old 12-28-2007, 01:56 PM
CarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Fabryce@GMGRacing
Skip Barber - Hands down one of the best world wide!!!
You heard it from the pros! Skip Barber all the way!

Old 12-28-2007, 02:26 PM
GewoW is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by eriru
which driving technique books wolud you recommend, seen Vic Elford´s High Performance Driving Handbook, Speed secrets, Going Faster, any other you wlike.

thks and happy New Year.
I'd also love to hear an answer about this one...

Old 12-28-2007, 03:14 PM
Jim Bacus is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Trundle997
Driving is all about seat time!!!

Much more to it than I went to a school and got my license.
To as calm and relaxed driving at 10/10's as a cruise around your neighborhood takes lots of seat time.

Do PDE Basic & Masters, it will give you a great foundation upon which to build.
The Instructor base is second to none, guys who get paid to drive, not pay to drive.

14 Days to go till the Green Flag drops at the Rolex 24 at Daytona.

PDE instructors populating the field:

Hurley Haywood
David Donohue
Doc Bundy
David Murry
John Lewis
Andrew Davis

If you've been to PDE you know
If you have not, make the time to attend.

www.porschedriving.com
I've had John Lewis and Andrew Davis in my right seat for personal instruction. They are really good guys and taught me many things.

Old 12-28-2007, 05:00 PM
anyone have any thoughts on PCA event, especially the MONTREAL ones?

George

Old 12-28-2007, 07:25 PM
DHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by GewoW
anyone have any thoughts on PCA event, especially the MONTREAL ones?

George
PCA racing is a very competitive amauter racing opportunity; Highly recommend it as a great opportunity to learn and race. Frontrunners in the larger classes are pretty talented and yet the slower competitors can always find someone to race with as well.

Old 12-28-2007, 07:26 PM
DHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Jim Bacus
I've had John Lewis and Andrew Davis in my right seat for personal instruction. They are really good guys and taught me many things.
Totally agree on PDE. Great foundation to get comfortable on the track. Must add Owen Trinkler and Chris Hall to the list of instructors. Talented drivers and great instructors. Owen runs our Motorsport program.

Old 12-28-2007, 09:41 PM
Originally Posted by DHinkle
PCA racing is a very competitive amauter racing opportunity; Highly recommend it as a great opportunity to learn and race. Frontrunners in the larger classes are pretty talented and yet the slower competitors can always find someone to race with as well.
Not racing, sorry...the DE programs. Are they good? (for novices like me!)

George

Old 12-28-2007, 10:09 PM
V-8
V-8 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by eriru

thks and happy New Year.
The Speed Secrets series is very good. I'd also recommend Drive to Win by Carroll Smith.

As far as schools go, I've done PDE, Skip Barber, and Jim Russell. All are great schools and I'd highly recommend PDE for any Porsche owner. Barber and Russell are both great to get an intro to racing, but I personally like Barber better for high performance sports car driving and car control. Russell is likely dropping it's high performance driving programs anyway--big changes for that school in 2008.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Race School Recommendations