Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

***997RSR photos and team introduction***

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 01:59 PM
Damage is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Mike/A.W.E.
I will be checking out the car shortly. I will peak around. I don't even want to think about what that type of conversion would cost on a street car.

Plus, those straight cut gears would be murder for street use. Shifting slow is not an option. The manual specifically states that you must shift as fast as possible to avoid wear.

Pretty cool, huh?
So you're required to drive fast all the time! Perfect!

Old 01-20-2007, 02:15 PM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
All the little details are awesome, but one says it all.... "RSR" on the rear. NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-20-2007, 02:17 PM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Damage
So you're required to drive fast all the time! Perfect!
As per the instruction manual, YES!

Old 01-20-2007, 03:30 PM
DMK
Banned
DMK has a spectacular aura aboutDMK has a spectacular aura about
I need one!!

Old 01-20-2007, 04:02 PM
TUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant future
Unbelieveable...

Old 01-20-2007, 04:07 PM
NAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to behold
WOW... That thing is just INSANE!!!

Beautiful pics! Thanks for sharing.

Old 01-20-2007, 04:12 PM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NAPO
WOW... That thing is just INSANE!!!

Beautiful pics! Thanks for sharing.
Trust me, there will more where that came from. The owner is heavy into A/V. He has purchased a high quality video camera for forum footage.

As soon as I get it, you will see it.

Stay tuned!

Old 01-20-2007, 04:17 PM
NAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Mike/A.W.E.
Trust me, there will more where that came from. The owner is heavy into A/V. He has purchased a high quality video camera for forum footage.

As soon as I get it, you will see it.

Stay tuned!
SWEEEEET!! I can't wait to see the footage!

Thanks again.

Old 01-20-2007, 04:51 PM
Former Vendor
Just got an email from the track. Working on set-ups. Car is awesome.

Old 01-20-2007, 04:52 PM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
What team will this car be running with?

Old 01-20-2007, 05:10 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by MiniDHinkle
What team will this car be running with?
The car does not have a title sponsor just yet. For the time being it will run under Team Trans Sport. For the first race it looks like the car will remain white with associate sponsor decals on it.

The car will be maintained by Miami based Bell Motorsport.

Old 01-20-2007, 05:14 PM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
Mike,

I got a question.

What is the buying process like for an RSR?

What are the requirements, how long does it take, etc.?

Thank you.

Old 01-20-2007, 05:18 PM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
Is it going to run at the season opener (12 hours of Sebring)

Old 01-20-2007, 05:36 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Phoenix
Mike,

I got a question.

What is the buying process like for an RSR?

What are the requirements, how long does it take, etc.?

Thank you.

That is the $64,000 question. Many have tried, but few have succeeded.

I have yet to get all the details on that. I do know that you have to sign a contract with Porsche. You have to have DEEP pockets and racing experience.

I will try to find out more.

The funny part is, my friend called me a few months ago and dropped this bomb saying he was getting the car. We then began to talk more about the car than actually how he managed to be choosen as a qualified buyer!

I guess I should ask.

Basically, Porsche Motorsport picks you. You don't pick them.

Last edited by Josh/AWE; 01-20-2007 at 05:58 PM.
Old 01-20-2007, 05:36 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by MiniDHinkle
Is it going to run at the season opener (12 hours of Sebring)
Yes. Car #54.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ***997RSR photos and team introduction***