Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Shelby Cobra sells for $5,000,000

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 08:49 PM
mowblowgo is infamous around these parts
Shelby Cobra sells for $5,000,000

Did I see this correctly? BJ auction in Scottsdale sells a Shelby Cobra for $5m? Wow. Makes me want to buy up a few autos of today for my kids in 50 years. Unbelievable! BTW, it was an automatic!

Old 01-21-2007, 08:52 PM
supercup is infamous around these parts
No question! Carrerra GT's are an absolute bargin!

Guy who bought the Shelby, bought the first Shelby GT Mustang coming for $600,000 - with proceeds right before. So he spent $5.6M in about 15 minutes. The Shelby was one of two, the other built for Bill Cosby and destroyed in an accident after Cosby sold it. So it was the only one in the world, a very special car, to a very rich gentlemen.

JCM

Old 01-21-2007, 09:12 PM
air-cooledjbj is infamous around these parts
Was it that Burkle guy? I saw the episode of BJ on the Speed Channel. It showed how he went to the factory and got Shelby's autograph on it. He got the new GT500 in classic Grabber Orange, It looked really nice. He's one of the biggest/wealthiest bidders at BJ.

Old 01-21-2007, 09:15 PM
MGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to all
Originally Posted by supercup
No question! Carrerra GT's are an absolute bargin!

Guy who bought the Shelby, bought the first Shelby GT Mustang coming for $600,000 - with proceeds right before. So he spent $5.6M in about 15 minutes. The Shelby was one of two, the other built for Bill Cosby and destroyed in an accident after Cosby sold it. So it was the only one in the world, a very special car, to a very rich gentlemen.

JCM
$5.6MM PLUS the 10% commission to B.J.

Old 01-21-2007, 09:41 PM
MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MGoBlue
Your avatar is just so wrong! Funny, but wrong . . .

Old 01-21-2007, 09:43 PM
supercup is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by MGoBlue
The commission was simply a rounding error for him!

JCM

Old 01-21-2007, 09:54 PM
SLA
SLA has much to be proud ofSLA has much to be proud ofSLA has much to be proud ofSLA has much to be proud ofSLA has much to be proud ofSLA has much to be proud ofSLA has much to be proud ofSLA has much to be proud of
And the Shelby GT Mustang no.1 that he bought for $600k came with the right from Ford to buy no.2, a white GT Mustang, for MSRP, so at least he'll have a daily driver...

Old 01-21-2007, 10:51 PM
doccao is infamous around these parts
Read somehere the Cobra was the most prized Shelby ever. I could probably commission someone to build me one in solid gold for less than 5M.

Old 01-21-2007, 11:09 PM
MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !
seems a little high . . .

Old 01-21-2007, 11:51 PM
Simba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud of
Gads. I'm in the wrong business.

Time to start building 1,200 horse .. um.. "Python" roadsters. Yeah, that's the ticket.

The sad part is that hardly any of those cars will ever be driven. They'll get shoved in a garage somewhere to rot until someone else wants some eye candy.

Old 01-21-2007, 11:52 PM
Simba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by doccao
Read somehere the Cobra was the most prized Shelby ever. I could probably commission someone to build me one in solid gold for less than 5M.
Hell, I'll do one in platinum for you for 4M even. I'll even throw in a cup holder!

Old 01-22-2007, 12:34 AM
mowblowgo is infamous around these parts
Did you all get a look at the bidder's? It's apparent that these cars will be hidden away for years only to be viewed by selective wine club members during a garage queen tour. It isn't likely that the new owners will be scaring the track records next week at their local circuit...Shame, truley a shame if you ask me. especially that sic **** blue cobra.

Old 01-22-2007, 01:44 AM
vtandon is infamous around these partsvtandon is infamous around these partsvtandon is infamous around these parts
Found out from a friend of mine who owns two original cobra's the one that sold for 5 million was Carol Shelby(first 427) personal cobra.

Old 01-22-2007, 01:45 AM
doccao is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by vtandon
Found out from a friend of mine who owns two original cobra's the one that sold for 5 million was Carol Shelby(first 427) personal cobra.
So Carol Shelby must be laughing to the bank! (Man, he needs to sign my PCar)

Old 01-22-2007, 08:27 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
If he never does a burnout in the car, it is a complete waste.

Get your car sideways once in awhile, you will feel better!

MK

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Shelby Cobra sells for $5,000,000