Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

March C&D..Z06 vs. 997 GT3!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 11:04 AM
SD1
SD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura about
Love them both, or maybe I love the idea that you can put your hands on some crazy machinery and go nuts at a local DE day.

I wish the Porsche were cheaper but that is in part what makes it desirable in that it is for most, hard to get and consequently is built in small numbers and very exclusive. Thats the good part. My only neg rep on the GT3 is that for 120K and some lead time, surely Porsche could have done something to overthrow the ZO6. They have the money and technology to do it so I sympathize with anyone who, like me, asks why?

On the Vette, pretty much the same question. I would pay more to have the whole the package. An interior on par with a 911 is only a few thousand dollars away and IMO is the only thing that really separates them with any distinction. They certainly could do it and why they don't leaves me asking them why?

In the meantime, two awesome cars in what is surely to be recalled as another golden moment in automotive history.

Old 01-28-2007, 04:22 PM
6088TTS has a spectacular aura about6088TTS has a spectacular aura about6088TTS has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
Grey rep is from someone with no rep power.
so that means its not credited right??? i got a grey rep too... i bet its SCvet...

Alan

Old 01-28-2007, 04:56 PM
caccobra is infamous around these parts
Seems everyone is focused on the Z06 being faster than the GT3. What about the Noble? Looks like it was too.....

Last edited by caccobra; 01-28-2007 at 05:18 PM.
Old 01-28-2007, 06:06 PM
GHOSTRIDER-TT is infamous around these partsGHOSTRIDER-TT is infamous around these parts
OMG, my garbage bin car beat the mighty Z06!! How in world did anything beat it!!

Old 01-28-2007, 07:04 PM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
Give me a break, this debate has been beaten to death

Christian

Originally Posted by Byronmaui
wow. Last I checked we can talk about fast cars whether american or german on this site. I am a porsche fan and have owned only porsches but the vette beating a car built for racing is pretty impressive. I can't wait for the defenders to come and this thread getting out of control because egos can't handle certain cars loosing and certain cars winning.

Byron

Old 01-28-2007, 07:17 PM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Christian
Give me a break, this debate has been beaten to death

Christian

It got beat to death along time ago..and people still wanna talk about it..

Old 01-28-2007, 07:52 PM
eMJay1133 is infamous around these partseMJay1133 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
My Neon R/T will smoke the Z06 on the track - I got all the parts that my Pep Boys had plus I added the stickerz FTW!!!!

Dont forget the NAWZZZZ

Old 01-28-2007, 07:58 PM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by eMJay1133
Dont forget the NAWZZZZ

Old 01-28-2007, 08:33 PM
Byronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to behold
Christian - so what this is an open forum. Last I checked you did not make the rules and discussions about cars and videos have been going on a long time. This thread is about a new test not an old test. Its the march issue of car and driver so you cannot say this has been talked about forever. There were threads on other test but this is the first on the car and driver issue. The problem with you is your attitude about taking it somewhere else. You should be nice and treat people with respect. Do you bash people in real life about their corvettes or other cars? I don't think so.If you need a break don't read these threads. BTW I only own porsches but I am responding because of your comments..Byron

Last edited by Byronmaui; 01-28-2007 at 08:36 PM.
Old 01-28-2007, 08:35 PM
Byronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to behold
BTW Nobles rock...lol

Old 01-28-2007, 08:43 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Impressive numbers for the GT3 and Z06, all of the other cars as well.. Great test and thanks for sharing

Old 01-28-2007, 08:46 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Dude whatever. I have seen your comments on every post that challenges your car and you get defensive.I don't have an almighty ZO6 because I am a porsche fan. Sensitive no just being an adult. How the heck I would know what I said? Easy it came from my mouth. alan take it for what its worth I was just making an observation. If you don't like my comments negative rep me its ok.

Byron
BTW Alan im sorry but i have to agree with Byron, i have pointed it out several times before and you even just got all defensive in the 997 GT3 thread with its drag times, just take it easy man :/

Old 01-28-2007, 08:46 PM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
Who did I bash or disrespect. These guys throw up the Vette crap all the time, I have not disrespected anyone. I like the Vette, I just would not own one. Last time I checked there was not a Vette section on this Porsche forum.

You are correct, this is an open forum and I stated my opinion, you have stated yours which on this topic I could careless about.

Sorry if my "circle jerk" comment offended you Byron or anyone else for that matter

Also, I have never bashed or made fun of someones cars or anything else for that matter, I leave that to the Vette and Lambo guys, I do not direct that to all owners of course

Peace

Christian

Christian - so what this is an open forum. Last I checked you did not make the rules and discussions about cars and videos have been going on a long time. This thread is about a new test not an old test. Its the march issue of car and driver so you cannot say this has been talked about forever. There were threads on other test but this is the first on the car and driver issue. The problem with you is your attitude about taking it somewhere else. You should be nice and treat people with respect. Do you bash people in real life about their corvettes or other cars? I don't think so.If you need a break don't read these threads. BTW I only own porsches but I am responding because of your comments..Byron

Last edited by Christian; 01-28-2007 at 08:50 PM.
Old 01-28-2007, 08:49 PM
Christian its all good no worries and sorry if I came off strong.

Aloha Dude

P.S. Porsche is the only car I will own..lol

Old 01-28-2007, 08:51 PM
See, I like you already

Christian

P.S. Porsche is the only car I will own..lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: March C&D..Z06 vs. 997 GT3!!