Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

What did they do to this CGT??!?!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 12:35 AM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
when you look at the warranties it has a 10 year unlimitied mileage warranty against rust...Uhh...I wasn't aware that Carbon Fiber rusts lol

Old 02-01-2007, 04:59 AM
jiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to all
I'm loving it, it's the same color like the champion f77 car.

i like the orange touches too.

Old 02-01-2007, 10:18 AM
evilb is infamous around these parts
It's OK. I don't like the caliper decals and I don't like the cocoa interior... the exterior looks pretty cool to me, though.

Old 02-01-2007, 10:20 AM
Alex13188 is infamous around these parts
Not a fan of the color or the orange add ons

Old 02-02-2007, 12:39 PM
Former Vendor
Wilson@Champion is a jewel in the roughWilson@Champion is a jewel in the roughWilson@Champion is a jewel in the roughWilson@Champion is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by jiaim
I'm loving it, it's the same color like the champion f77 car.

i like the orange touches too.
Correct.

This particular Carrera GT is not a paint-to-sample car. It is custom done in the same paint as our F77 car (Man of Chile Grey). The pictures that were taken for ebay does not do the the color any justice. It was themed after the F77. The Tubi exhaust that is on the car is a full Inconel straight pipe system. The sound is amazing!

Names of Colors:

Exterior - Man of Chile Grey
Orange - Fiorano Orange
Wheels - Santiago Black

Old 02-02-2007, 02:31 PM
RavenF430 is infamous around these parts
Thank you for this info!
Do you have more pics of it?

Old 02-02-2007, 04:11 PM
Former Vendor
AutoTalent is just really niceAutoTalent is just really niceAutoTalent is just really niceAutoTalent is just really niceAutoTalent is just really nice
Originally Posted by GoFast
Correct.

This particular Carrera GT is not a paint-to-sample car. It is custom done in the same paint as our F77 car (Man of Chile Grey). The pictures that were taken for ebay does not do the the color any justice. It was themed after the F77. The Tubi exhaust that is on the car is a full Inconel straight pipe system. The sound is amazing!

Names of Colors:

Exterior - Man of Chile Grey
Orange - Fiorano Orange
Wheels - Santiago Black

That car looks amazing!!

Old 02-02-2007, 04:54 PM
DavidS has much to be proud ofDavidS has much to be proud ofDavidS has much to be proud ofDavidS has much to be proud ofDavidS has much to be proud ofDavidS has much to be proud ofDavidS has much to be proud ofDavidS has much to be proud of
On the CGT it looks weird, maybe that's because the pics were taken in a showroom. But on that 997 it looks really good.

Old 02-02-2007, 05:22 PM
NAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to behold
I just saw this car on ebay...

I think it looks really cool, I'm the loving the Man of Chile Grey and the orange accents. I don't like the decals on the calipers though and I'm not so sure about the Ascot Brown interior, it doesn't match the orange accents on the car.

It would be perfect if the interior was black with orange stitching.

Last edited by NAPO; 02-02-2007 at 05:25 PM.
Old 02-02-2007, 05:28 PM
NAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to behold
Oh and...

Nice find. Thanks for sharing.

Old 02-02-2007, 10:12 PM
CAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond repute
Where do they come up with these names? Man of Chile Grey?

Old 02-03-2007, 09:30 AM
evilb is infamous around these parts
If this is indeed a "custom" paint job, why on earth didn't they just order the car in this color? Can you imagine the work and money involved in disassembling a CGT, painting the door jams, engine bay, etc. to match the exterior color? It would cost at least 3 times that of just ordering it paint to sample...

Brad

Old 02-03-2007, 10:20 AM
Clubber is infamous around these parts
I understand that Champion is a big, famous dealer and all...... but I prefer to get my GT stock please ...!

Old 02-03-2007, 11:11 AM
Former Vendor
Wilson@Champion is a jewel in the roughWilson@Champion is a jewel in the roughWilson@Champion is a jewel in the roughWilson@Champion is a jewel in the rough
Just thought you guys might be interested in seeing some images of the build process for this particular Carrera GT. It was a very tedious project, but the numerous hours spent on perfecting the paint finish was well worth it in the end. There were actually certain areas that we cleaned up and made look better than factory. Even though these areas will never be seen with the car together, we wanted this project to be perfect in everyway possible.

Old 02-03-2007, 01:02 PM
Banned
Falucka is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by bumble996
So Champion ruined it? got it.
lol............

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What did they do to this CGT??!?!