Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

997gt3 Lemon! ! !

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 03:08 PM
ssarchi is infamous around these parts
In Michigan there is a three strike rule for lemons.

The dealer get 3 chances to fix the problem and on the fourth try the lemon law is enacted....

My X-3 was replaced by BMWNA on the third try- what a fabulous experience I had and can only say that I hope Porsche is as good as BMW was...........

Old 02-24-2007, 05:30 PM
rmag is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by AzGT3
So far my new car is a LEMON. Towed in at 60 miles after blowing all cooling fluid. Paint peeling off front bumper cover in 3 inch chunks. Both front schocks need to be replaced because they clunck on any bump. The gas guage is useless because when it says empty it can only take 12.5 gal. Rattles in the doors and dash. It has been to the dealer 5 times in two months of ownership of ownership. Anybody else have this leval of frustration?
Dude- That Sucks! I haven't had any problems yet (knock on wood). Hopefully Porsche NA will do you right.

Old 02-24-2007, 05:36 PM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
Originally Posted by ssarchi
In Michigan there is a three strike rule for lemons.

The dealer get 3 chances to fix the problem and on the fourth try the lemon law is enacted....

My X-3 was replaced by BMWNA on the third try- what a fabulous experience I had and can only say that I hope Porsche is as good as BMW was...........
but that problem has to be on the same part.. not 3 or 4 different parts. That is how it is here in WA state. Same problem has to occur 4 times in a certain time period.

I would call PCNA.. I am 100% sure they want to know about it and FIX IT!

Old 02-24-2007, 06:20 PM
scud is infamous around these parts
paid for my 997 GT3 2 weeks ago , and it lost oil pressure on the pre delivery drive . sent all the info to germany , they sent out a new engine . oil pump failed , should have the car next week . 3 of my mates have their cars already with no problems .

Old 02-24-2007, 08:06 PM
SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !
So far my new car is a LEMON. Towed in at 60 miles after blowing all cooling fluid. Paint peeling off front bumper cover in 3 inch chunks. Both front schocks need to be replaced because they clunck on any bump. The gas guage is useless because when it says empty it can only take 12.5 gal. Rattles in the doors and dash. It has been to the dealer 5 times in two months of ownership of ownership. Anybody else have this leval of frustration?
Jesus Man, I am so sorry to hear the level of frustration that you are experiencing. My goodness spending North of $120,000 and you have to put up with that kind of crap. Hopefully hopefully the dealership is showing some compassion... Good Luck and if you need a good attorney.

Old 02-24-2007, 10:53 PM
supercup is infamous around these parts
Sorry to hear about your issues. The fuel tank issue is well documented on rennlist - look for posts by Mjones who had the same issue. He posted pictues of the fix etc....

I hope things start to get better.

As far as car companies to work with a few have mentioned BMW issues and they received money back or new cars. BMW is head and shoulders above any other mfg. in handling issues (ask any lemmon law lawyer). Unfortunately Porsche is at the bottom of the barrell.

Look for your dealer to get you the name and phone number of the regional rep. Get them involved right now, so they can see the history and what is done from this point forward. That will be helpful in working with Porsche in the long run. The Reg. Rep. weighs in heavily on the outcome of your cars repairs.

Also call customer service and lodge a complaint and let them know what issues you have had. You want to start building your written record to fall back on later if you need to.

Above all be nice to the dealer, the regional rep, the customer service person etc. As frustrating as it is, always remember they are the ones who have to go to bat for you. So being nice will keep them on your side. Doesn't mean you can't be focused on a fair resolution, but you can get there more than one way.

Finally get advice from a lemmon law lawyer early so you are doing all the right things. That way if you end up at that point and at odds with Porsche you will have the best possible case.

Good luck,

JCM

Old 02-25-2007, 02:55 AM
doccao is infamous around these parts
Lemon Law that car ASAP! Hopefully, all first year bugs will be worked out for 08+.

Old 02-25-2007, 03:02 AM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
sad part of it is the dealer may just buy it back w/o you having to lemon law it. then get it all spiffy again and sell it back for a premium!

Old 02-25-2007, 10:58 AM
chinitowest has a spectacular aura aboutchinitowest has a spectacular aura about
sorry to hear you going through that, good luck ...

Old 02-25-2007, 11:04 AM
ptrick is infamous around these parts
wow, sorry to hear about that. Let us know what happens.

Old 02-25-2007, 11:18 AM
snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !
Rick,

Please check you PM's.

Old 02-25-2007, 02:24 PM
bavariamotorist is infamous around these parts
That's horrible. Just hang in there. Everything will be worked out. Think this way: This is better than having some problems that wouldn't show up immediately. You save yourself the long term hassle by dealing w/ this lemon right now.

Hopefully you'll get a new car!!!!

Old 02-25-2007, 04:45 PM
Jim911 is infamous around these parts
Paint problem, you may need a park warning bumper, the shocks are normal, gas guage is just anticipating track time, Rattles, thats what track cars do! Sounds like you need Boxter.

Old 02-25-2007, 05:14 PM
frayed is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Jim911
Paint problem, you may need a park warning bumper, the shocks are normal, gas guage is just anticipating track time, Rattles, thats what track cars do! Sounds like you need Boxter.
That was a ridiculous post, Jim.

Old 02-25-2007, 05:35 PM
Al Pettee is a jewel in the roughAl Pettee is a jewel in the roughAl Pettee is a jewel in the roughAl Pettee is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by frayed
That was a ridiculous post, Jim.
Either that or he's a Ferrari guy.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997gt3 Lemon! ! !