Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

997gt3 Lemon! ! !

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 10:53 AM
AzGT3 is infamous around these parts
update

Well, I have a love hate thing going on. 3500 miles, three D.E.'s and a 1000 mile road trip and the car itself is just great.........BUT ! ! ! PCNA and the dealer in Tucson are awful. PCNA where I was told we will help "take care of it" and "thanks for not blowing up the engine" when the dealer said "drive it" with zero cooling fluid in it has not bothered to return my phone call! The shocks are "on the way" from Germany. The gas fill up is still not possible. I have no info as to why paint is peeling off the front bumper cover so nothing has been fixed. IMO PCNA and Chapman Porsche in Tucson have no idea of the value of a CUSTOMER. All that said, the engine, steering, sound, seats and suspension(when its not banging and thumping) are better IMO for what I use the car for than my 04GT3 and I use for almost everything includeing but not limited to going to store with SUNROOF open.

Old 03-06-2007, 11:37 AM
frayed is infamous around these parts
That is insane. I would bring a trusted body guy to the shop and have him look at the paint to see if he can figure it out. Buy the guy's time for a few hours to inspect the car. If peeling is due to a previous repaint, I'd flip my schit. Non-factory paint should be grounds return of the car. If it's due from a manufacturing defect in the original paint process, I would accept repair ONLY with some concession on diminished value of the car.

As far as the engine, my big concern would be possible latent damage caused by some running time w/o coolant (if I interpret your post accurately). Depending on circumstances, assuming you cannot get a new car, I'd want a new crate motor, or at the least, an extension of the factory warranty to 100k miles.

The shocks should be no big deal IMO.

Old 03-06-2007, 01:18 PM
.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold
sad to hear. hope it turns out well for you

Old 03-06-2007, 06:33 PM
Dan
Dan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to behold
Thats terrible to hear, best of luck to you

Old 03-06-2007, 07:32 PM
Bobby_P is infamous around these parts
Chapman Porsche

Having taken my 996 Turbo S to Chapman Porsche I have to agree they truly have no regard for a customer...unless of course you are writing the check to become a customer.

I guess I should be thankful, though. When the dealership was under the Beaudry name things were much worse...from sales to service.

I am sure Tucson cannot support two Porsche dealerships...then again I bet if another opened enough of people would defect from Chapman we might be back down to one real quick

Sorry to hear about you problem...best of luck to you!

Old 03-07-2007, 03:31 AM
ELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud of
Don't you guys have Google?

http://www.dr.bbb.org/autoline/kiall...rd/arizona.pdf
http://www.dr.bbb.org/autoline/kiall...fo/arizona.pdf

Last edited by ELMEL; 03-07-2007 at 03:38 AM.