Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

PCNA Phone Number

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 05:02 PM
996turbo is infamous around these parts
It's called supply and demand. The dealers are free to mark up or down as they wish. Porsche does not care as long as cars are moving. It's much like the craze over the Rolex Daytona. No dealer, unless you have spent many $$$ with them, will sell you a Daytona at list. That is why an $8K watch can fetch up to $11K. I think both Porsche and Rolex enjoy and actually like all the hype their products produce.

Old 03-08-2007, 06:38 PM
JASCLASS is infamous around these partsJASCLASS is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 996turbo
It's called supply and demand. The dealers are free to mark up or down as they wish. Porsche does not care as long as cars are moving. It's much like the craze over the Rolex Daytona. No dealer, unless you have spent many $$$ with them, will sell you a Daytona at list. That is why an $8K watch can fetch up to $11K. I think both Porsche and Rolex enjoy and actually like all the hype their products produce.
Exactly Harry, well said, it all comes down to: "You have to pay to play."

Old 03-08-2007, 06:43 PM
eshaun is infamous around these partseshaun is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by emilgh
Send an actual letter. That'll get more attention. Trust me...
Yup, fedex him once a week

Old 03-21-2007, 09:08 AM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
Well I just recieved a response from the President of PCNA thanking me for bringing my GT3RS shopping experience to his attention and stated that I will be contacted shortly about my concerns...

Well I am already impressed that I at least got a response, what they will do for me is another story I guess... We'll see, PCNA might just shock everyone and take care of the customer for once
Evan

Old 03-21-2007, 11:45 AM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
Subscribing to this thread.....

Old 03-21-2007, 03:31 PM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
My Father spoke to Mick Pallardy who is the General Manager of the entire East Coast (Michigan --> East) for PCNA. Said he was a really nice guy and he did state that PCNA does NOT condone selling over MSRP and in fact frown upon it as they believe dealer margin's are very fair to start. Unfortunatly as you and I all probably figured once the car is allocated PCNA has no say in what the dealer decides to do. He appologized and agreed it is unfortunate, but they just don't have any say at this point.

We did ask about a possible 2008 GT3RS and he said as of now they have no intention on having a 2008 RS (and if they were, he and the President knew nothing about it ). He said they have told PAG that there is still a high demand in the US, but what that will lead to, who knows...

So bottom line, dealers can be gready and there is no 2008 GT3RS planned. I must say I am impressed though that the president took time to write me back and quickly had Mick give us a call to see if there was anything that could be done, so kudos to them. I understand the position they are in, so I can't really be upset with them

Best Regards,
Evan

Last edited by AMG ETR; 03-21-2007 at 07:36 PM.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:01 PM
A430v is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by AMG ETR
I understand the position they are in, so I can really be upset with them

Best Regards,
Evan
You mean, "cannot" right? Mr. Schwarzenbauer is a great guy, real stand up person...he helped me resolve an issue recently. Glad to hear PCNA responded.

Old 03-21-2007, 08:15 PM
TTM0TION is infamous around these parts
That is very nice to hear that they responded. It sucks there is nothing that can be done but that's the name of the game I guess.

Old 03-21-2007, 08:39 PM
Originally Posted by A430v
You mean, "cannot" right? Mr. Schwarzenbauer is a great guy, real stand up person...he helped me resolve an issue recently. Glad to hear PCNA responded.
Thank you, I fixed it . They handled it well and while it sucks they couldn't do anything for me, the fact that they did care enough to at least explain to me gives me faith in the organization. Just sucks some of the dealers are greedy and taking advantage of "market value".
Evan

Old 03-21-2007, 09:44 PM
bhsccb is infamous around these parts
Cool

Very impressed they responded. It's really a no win situation. More people want the car than cars available. How do you allocate? Give to someone who has bought other Porsches? Still to large a group and how do you know the buyer is the type to keep the car and not flip it? Can't tell by looking at 'em! The 'relationship with the dealer' model is really the former Ferrari model (former because changing this year to a more market approach). F car model; buy a re-sale car(s) over sticker from dealer, work your way up, get new car at sticker, drive awhile, give back to dealer at sticker, let them mark-up and take profit while you get next car at sticker +lots of sucking up, etc. I don't like it, but other than a lottery not many options! --and of course many of us don't often sell our current car below market because the next guy really wants it, do we?

Old 03-21-2007, 11:10 PM
Vanishing Point is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by AMG ETR
Thank you, I fixed it . They handled it well and while it sucks they couldn't do anything for me, the fact that they did care enough to at least explain to me gives me faith in the organization. Just sucks some of the dealers are greedy and taking advantage of "market value".
Evan
Hey Evan congrats on getting the prez in on the situation. As you well know , a dlr is gonna mark up any hot ride on their lot. I was at Braman (Audi)tonight and they do not even have the price on the RS4 or S6 sitting out front. They do on the 3 S8's however

The RS4 MSRP on the window sticker tallyed up to $79K ( did you know the S6 was the same price ) anyway on the smaller "options sticker" it had "Final Pricing unavailable due to Market Conditions" WTF !! Please see your Client Advisor LOL for more information.

That sh*t kills me. If I was in the mkt for the Blk RS4 sitting there I would start my bidding at $1K under MSRP just to **** them off.

When I bought my SRT Charger , it had a MKT ADJ Fee of $13K bringing the price up to $ 55K. I made an offer of $43K ( The MSRP) and told them that the price was good for today only , useing the same BS they use on us. If they reject it, I will offer $ 42K tomarrow

For all the haggling I did, the damn 6.1 L 425 HP Hemi blew up at only 96 miles while I was at the light at PGA Blvd and the Turnpike. It dropped the #8 cyl like a bad habit. That was the same intersection my moms gray mkt 500 SL blew up back in the early 80's. Tis a mystery

Old 03-21-2007, 11:23 PM
ttgangsta has a spectacular aura aboutttgangsta has a spectacular aura aboutttgangsta has a spectacular aura about
Well I have heard PCNA, like FNA, have lifted the restrictions on dealers to sell cars at MSRP in light of the ever increasing trend of "flipping cars". Ferrari dealers are now selling cars at whatever price they want, and forcing people to sign first right of refusal agreements and a whole slew of other things.

Old 03-22-2007, 12:30 AM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
Though I am impressed that he took the time to return your email. I am NOT accepting the response you've received. Anyone can be very nice and pass the buck. That's typical of the car industry, the salesmen plays the good guy and goes to the evil finance dept to see if they'll accept your offer. That sounded very similar to me in my eyes, I guess it goes all the way to the top. PCNA can not directly control what a dealer does with their stock once it's in the dealers possession, however, PCNA DOES control future allocations and if they were as supportive, empathetic and on your side regarding your situation as they are pretending to be, they'd say they will call the dealer directly and confront them about this mark up in which they "frown upon". They have the power to let the dealer know that practices such as this "MAY" affect future allocations and if they wish to contact you personally, they can forward your number to clear up any "misconceptions". To me it just sounds like they passed the blame on to someone else with a smile. Since I've used quotation marks so many times in this post, I'll end it with a quote that I think is very appropriate to this situations
"Don't **** on my leg and tell me it's raining"-Judge Judy Sheinlin

Old 03-23-2007, 12:38 AM
BOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to behold
evan, I hope you get somewhere talking to them, but in the past I have played around with PCNA and it usually gets you nowhere. They are not all that helpful usually! If it makes you feel any better I got quoted 190k for a GT3RS a month and a half ago. I laughed and hung up

Old 03-23-2007, 02:58 AM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
Boyracer, how's your car? Did they end up taking care of you or did you have to fork out the money to fix your car yourself? You were very quiet on the issue for a while and I spent a little less time on here then I usually do, so I may have missed it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: PCNA Phone Number