GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Herb Chambers GT3 RS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 08:44 PM
I Looovvee Turrboos
TTRon is infamous around these parts
Herb Chambers GT3 RS

Look closely on Herb Chamber's website and you'll notice two things. One that the Orange GT3 RS that was previously listed has been sold (to our very own MagWheel). You'll also notice that another GT3RS is now listed. This one is black, and is listed for $189,550 . Judging by the lack of pictures I am going to assume that it is not yet in their position. Anyways, just wanted to give you guys a heads up. Let the bidding wars begin...

-TTRon

Old 03-27-2007, 08:46 PM
TUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant future
Tell that guy "Unique". He is looking for one...

Old 03-27-2007, 10:29 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Ohhhh these guys who are paying over list are not going to be to happy when Porsche does it's usually sticking to the consumer and decides to produce a few more cars like I suspect

Old 03-27-2007, 10:31 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
I think there is enough demand for a "few more" cars.

Old 03-27-2007, 10:58 PM
jay_ftw is infamous around these parts
I believe there were less than 300 produced for MY07- even if they produce another 300 for MY08, it will still be a very limited production car. Chillllll.

Old 03-28-2007, 12:18 PM
GT3Racerich is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by DJ
Ohhhh these guys who are paying over list are not going to be to happy when Porsche does it's usually sticking to the consumer and decides to produce a few more cars like I suspect
Sticking it to the consumer is what is going on now. If they make more cars the only people it will hurt are the poeple causing what is going on now.(People who don't really want the car, just want to make a buck). That includes dealers as well as private individuals. If they make say 100 more it will have a short term effect on prices(good, again hurting the same people as above) but in the long term it will have no effect. Can you tell, I am trying to order one. Hope every one that wants one can get one the way they want. Don't care what it will do to the value of the car I can not get, as, if I do get it, it will not be for sale.
Rich

Old 03-28-2007, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by carreragt558
The thing is when you add a few more cars to a limited edition, as a matter of fact it is not a limited edition anymore. Ans the result of this is a dramatically drop in price in the coming years.
So, i am sorry for those who can't get one but exclusiveness has its price
When did Porsche say this was a limited addition. There is a limited market for this car, that is what limits it's numbers. There where over 1500 1973 RS's made and they were not available here. If they were the number would be about 3000. See what they are worth lately?
Rich

Old 03-28-2007, 01:18 PM
TUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant future
Does the fact that the GT3 RS does not have a sunroof limit Porsche's ability to import them into the US based on safety standards? Just curious.

Old 03-28-2007, 02:45 PM
supercup is infamous around these parts
If you are looking for an RS is S.Calif. I looked at local dealers last night (via web). Orange one at Pioneer in SD, Green at Hoehn in SD, Orange at Circle, White at McKenna and there were a few more I just can't remember where.

So plenty to choose from if you must have one!

JCM

Last edited by supercup; 03-29-2007 at 09:02 PM.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:49 PM
Chris Huck is infamous around these parts
Pioneer car is pre-sold by another member here.

Old 03-29-2007, 08:34 AM
Originally Posted by carreragt558
I can see that you are not really aware of the porsche limited edition system.
First of, if it s not a limited edition why only 240 car haven been allocated for the US market?? Espsecially if the demand is important.
Second of all, you have to remember the 996 gt3 rs.You may not know that Porsche said that there would be only 200 models. After all, It is not a secret that they made almost 1000 cars. And if you are that knowledgable about the price, you should know that the 996 rs has seen its price fallen dramatically.
About the 1973 rs I don't know how to explain efficiently why it is that expensive. Maybe because it has been raced in many competition, or because it is a "competition client" allowed for a road use.
Please enlighten me on Porsches limited edition system. I have not read anything from Porsche saying how many RS's they will make. If you have, please direct me to it. That would make it limited to that number. As I said, the reason they are building around 240(who really knows, that is just the number being kicked around) is that is how many they thought they could sell. If they thought they could sell 500 (they think so now, but not originaly) then that would be the number.
What exactly is your piont on the 996 RS? If they said they would build 200, then built 1000(as you say, I really do not know, but I believe the number is 648 996 RS's). is that Porsches limited edition system? I think it makes my piont.
Rich

Last edited by GT3Racerich; 03-29-2007 at 09:12 AM.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:45 AM
bobafett is infamous around these parts
Comparing vintage cars to modern production is apples to battleships.

--Dan

Old 03-29-2007, 04:34 PM
supercup is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Chris Huck
Pioneer car is pre-sold by another member here.

Chris, What does "pre-sold by" mean, did you mean " pre-sold to another member here"? If so that is great to hear.

I am disappointed to hear of so many cars being sold by buyers, who bought from dealers at MSRP, if they can make a flip profit. Seems these cars should land in the hands, at MSRP of the real Porsche faithful who will drive them, as they were meant to be driven and truely enjoy them. Not get one cause you can't and then flip it.

Chris hope to see you at Calif. Speed this weekend - my car number is 169 and I will be parked with Ball Racing.

JCM

Last edited by supercup; 03-29-2007 at 09:04 PM.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:52 AM
Originally Posted by bobafett
Comparing vintage cars to modern production is apples to battleships.

--Dan
Are you saying apples will become battleships in 25yrs?
Rich

Old 03-30-2007, 07:47 PM
sftobr is infamous around these parts
Anyone who wanted the car and paid over sticker was not thinking of it as an investment. I paid over sticker for a car I wanted and I plan on using and enjoying the car. I do not think of it as a collectible so if Porsche plans on building 5000 more RS's I don't care. As long as I enjoy it it was worth the money to me.Good luck to those who are buying it and putting it away for a rainy day.I know for a fact there are a lot better financial investmests than buying an RS.I bought the RS for FUN!!!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: Herb Chambers GT3 RS