Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Porsche crash in SF bay area

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 03:33 AM
2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold
RIP, terrible news. Has anyone checked Rennlist to see if it's one of their regulars?

Old 04-02-2007, 04:58 AM
f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DrwVIP
RIP.. March is a tough month. It seems like the most tragic times in my life occur in March.
same

Old 04-02-2007, 07:24 AM
Paris_CarreraS is a jewel in the roughParis_CarreraS is a jewel in the roughParis_CarreraS is a jewel in the rough
My condolences to the families...... R.I.P.

Old 04-02-2007, 10:50 AM
Brian Haske is infamous around these partsBrian Haske is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
I'd disagree...well other than the fact that 26 is too young to be able to afford a CGT

He's exactly right.
You know how many 16 year old come in with daddy and pick out their new turbo? Very scary to see them take off and I always think why the hell didnt they start him out with something a little less powerful.. Or the bbq when drunk daddy lets junior take the gt out for a spin... There should be some driving school requirement or law that would restrain a under experienced driver to hop in a cgt or like vehicle.

anyway, not to change the subject here, very sad story to hear about anyone dying in any sort of form. especially at this young age.

Old 04-02-2007, 12:04 PM
SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !
Cgt or not, they were in the Porsche family. My condolences and prayers to their family and friends..

Old 04-02-2007, 12:06 PM
bobafett is infamous around these parts
It doesn't matter if they were 50 or 25, this is very sad news. Very very sorry to hear - does anyone know whom it was?

Very scary, as I passed by that area last night around that time. Did not see anything, must have been just before.

--Dan

Old 04-02-2007, 08:22 PM
Tsubasa650 is infamous around these parts
Wow that is incredible. El Monte Road is 2 streets away from where I live! The 280 highway at night is very common for speeders to come out since its such a nice curvy freeway and its basically empty after 10pm.

It is always sad to see a fatal crash like that.

Old 04-02-2007, 08:47 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
very sad news... RIP.

Old 04-02-2007, 09:01 PM
jeffreyd is infamous around these parts
Sad. I live off the 280 and El Monte exit and look forward to powering through that curvy exit eveytime traffic allows, which is almost always at night. These cars are magnificent machines and I would venture to guess that their capabilities exceed the skills of most drivers, including myself.

Old 04-02-2007, 09:14 PM
eMJay1133 is infamous around these partseMJay1133 is infamous around these parts
Very sad...RIP

Old 04-02-2007, 09:31 PM
Banned
tamaneri is infamous around these parts
RIP

hope everything turns out alright.

Old 04-02-2007, 10:14 PM
Stephan has a spectacular aura aboutStephan has a spectacular aura aboutStephan has a spectacular aura about
Terrible News... RIP. Very sad to hear such a thing

Old 04-02-2007, 11:28 PM
VRAlexander
Originally Posted by jeffreyd
These cars are magnificent machines and I would venture to guess that their capabilities exceed the skills of most drivers, including myself.
Like I said before, the envelope on the CGT is on a different level than any other Super Car...it is the closest thing that I have driven to a F1 car...the drive characteristics, especially at high speed, are very different than that of a regular sports car....for example...if you get in a oversteer situation at 90+mph in a Corvette, you can counter, WOT and steer out of the situation....with the CGT, if you do the same, you are DONE! GAME OVER...different way of driving the car, however when you master it, the rewards are unreal!!! The CGT has been the most fun that I have had on 4wheels...It is not the fastest car than I own, nor is it the best handeling/braking....however it is the one that gives me the biggest smile!!!!

Old 04-02-2007, 11:33 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by VRAlexander
Like I said before, the envelope on the CGT is on a different level than any other Super Car...it is the closest thing that I have driven to a F1 car...the drive characteristics, especially at high speed, are very different than that of a regular sports car....for example...if you get in a oversteer situation at 90+mph in a Corvette, you can counter, WOT and steer out of the situation....with the CGT, if you do the same, you are DONE! GAME OVER...different way of driving the car, however when you master it, the rewards are unreal!!! The CGT has been the most fun that I have had on 4wheels...It is not the fastest car than I own, nor is it the best handeling/braking....however it is the one that gives me the biggest smile!!!!
I bet Alex, i remember in the video of you taking off next to the beach, the car doesnt just spin (like in the GT2) the back end just WHIPS right out, very tough to control and scary at times, in the CGT i cant even imagine, a car i must have in my lifetime though!!

Old 04-03-2007, 12:15 AM
f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Brian Haske
He's exactly right.
You know how many 16 year old come in with daddy and pick out their new turbo? Very scary to see them take off and I always think why the hell didnt they start him out with something a little less powerful.. Or the bbq when drunk daddy lets junior take the gt out for a spin... There should be some driving school requirement or law that would restrain a under experienced driver to hop in a cgt or like vehicle.

anyway, not to change the subject here, very sad story to hear about anyone dying in any sort of form. especially at this young age.
Does that include me Brian ?! Btw, my car is getting fixed as we speak, i dont think that lil bastard that crashed my car is going to be in driving in a VERY LONG TIME!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Porsche crash in SF bay area