Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Porsche crash in SF bay area

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 12:42 AM
silver_6r is infamous around these parts
coming from the 2 wheeled world... i have seen 3 friends die in a matter of 2mths.

i have seen kids with there learners license..get on a 180hp litre bike... only to read about the death 1 week later. as long as people are allowed to purchase extreme machines without proper training, this will continue...

believe it or not, alot of the young ones READ our forums for guidance... some will listen to the good "be prepared" "take coursed" "pick the time and the place"....others will say.. that dude went 100+ mph!! i want to do that next time i borrow dads GT3.

i believe we are all responsible for what we type... and i am not against any type of post... i have a couple of my own "this is what i did today" threads... but always think about who will read them and how they will interprate them

Old 04-03-2007, 01:09 AM
gradyex is infamous around these partsgradyex is infamous around these parts
My God when I first read the details of this incident my heart sunk! I just sold my 2005 997S Friday afternoon to a guy (more likely in his 40's , 50's) who lives in Cupertino. He's a real nice man but seemed a bit rusty with the stick shifter and clutch. I emphasized many times to respect the power of my car and take it easy, especially the first few weeks getting use to the controls, clutch, etc. I'm releived it was not him but am saddened that 2 young men had their lives cut short because of this tragedy. RIP. Always respect the power of these vehicles. The Porsche driving experience school is a "must do" for anyone considering tapping into the limits of these automobiles! Thats Money Well Spent!! My condolences to the families....very sad.

Last edited by gradyex; 04-03-2007 at 01:15 AM.
Old 04-03-2007, 03:51 AM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Brian Haske
He's exactly right.
You know how many 16 year old come in with daddy and pick out their new turbo? Very scary to see them take off and I always think why the hell didnt they start him out with something a little less powerful.. Or the bbq when drunk daddy lets junior take the gt out for a spin... There should be some driving school requirement or law that would restrain a under experienced driver to hop in a cgt or like vehicle.

anyway, not to change the subject here, very sad story to hear about anyone dying in any sort of form. especially at this young age.
While, I agree with you, take into consideration 26 years of age is much different than 16. Look at most forms of motorsport at the top levels, at 26, most motorsport drivers are just hitting their prime. In any case, this is a real tragedy and it's very sad to lose another person in the Porsche Family.

Old 04-03-2007, 06:28 PM
Brian Haske is infamous around these partsBrian Haske is infamous around these parts
names released

Saturday fatal crash victims from Fremont and San Jose identified

Two men killed early Saturday morning when their car spun out of control on Interstate 280 in Los Altos have been identified as Larry Lu, 26, of Fremont and Michael Nguyen Luu, 25, of San Jose.

Their 2006 black Porsche was traveling at an unknown speed north of El Monte road at about 2:50 a.m. when Lu apparently lost control on a curve, according to the California Highway Patrol. The Porsche rotated counterclockwise across five lanes before smashing into a tree. Both men were wearing seat belts, and alcohol or drugs are not suspected in the accident, according to the CHP.

www.mercurynews.com/search/ci_5575520

I did not know them but may they RIP

Old 04-03-2007, 06:50 PM
Brian Haske is infamous around these partsBrian Haske is infamous around these parts
The car was a C4S, not a CGT, but sad either way you look at it

Old 04-03-2007, 07:06 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
oh man.. if it was a black c4s I think know those guys His name matches

Old 04-03-2007, 07:22 PM
schnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant future
Very bad few weeks for the Bay Area, drive safe guys!

RIP .

Old 04-03-2007, 08:00 PM
carendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by GoWide
Very bad few weeks for the Bay Area, drive safe guys!

RIP .
i think after this you will have no other option on 280... lock down.

- chuck

Old 04-04-2007, 12:31 AM
LilBadM has a spectacular aura aboutLilBadM has a spectacular aura about
just saw this, my condolences RIP.

BTW - the 'average' 26 year old driving a ultra high performance street car is and can be a dangerous combination, although an enthusiast that hopefully had some education and track experience is a totally different driver. Just to chime in... No matter how wealthy I become my son/daughter will get driver track/training and get a beater 5 yr old bmw for a first car, and not an M. They'll have to work for that one, period. It blows my mind seeing parents buying thier kids, however old they are, Lambos, Porsches and even BMW M cars. These kids/young adults don't need these cars, just another weapon they can more easily cause damage with most of the time. If they really care let them work for it and take care of what they have... It hurts to see a 20yr old kid destroy a Murcie and not give a care about it. This world is a completely different place from 20yrs back.

Old 04-04-2007, 10:08 AM
Originally Posted by LilBadM
just saw this, my condolences RIP.

BTW - the 'average' 26 year old driving a ultra high performance street car is and can be a dangerous combination, although an enthusiast that hopefully had some education and track experience is a totally different driver. Just to chime in... No matter how wealthy I become my son/daughter will get driver track/training and get a beater 5 yr old bmw for a first car, and not an M. They'll have to work for that one, period. It blows my mind seeing parents buying thier kids, however old they are, Lambos, Porsches and even BMW M cars. These kids/young adults don't need these cars, just another weapon they can more easily cause damage with most of the time. If they really care let them work for it and take care of what they have... It hurts to see a 20yr old kid destroy a Murcie and not give a care about it. This world is a completely different place from 20yrs back.

well said

I think autocrossing should be mandatory as part of drivers ed. Not timing to see how fast you can go without clipping cones, but how much car control you have and can learn to have for everyday life.

Old 04-04-2007, 03:15 PM
nberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by silver_6r
coming from the 2 wheeled world... i have seen 3 friends die in a matter of 2mths.

i have seen kids with there learners license..get on a 180hp litre bike... only to read about the death 1 week later. as long as people are allowed to purchase extreme machines without proper training, this will continue...

believe it or not, alot of the young ones READ our forums for guidance... some will listen to the good "be prepared" "take coursed" "pick the time and the place"....others will say.. that dude went 100+ mph!! i want to do that next time i borrow dads GT3.

i believe we are all responsible for what we type... and i am not against any type of post... i have a couple of my own "this is what i did today" threads... but always think about who will read them and how they will interprate them
Great post.

I would add one additional thought. Public roads and highways are not the place to show off your driving skills or your car regardless if you attended the Porsche driving experience or done autocross. There are too many unforeseen hazards which are completely out of your control.

Old 04-05-2007, 12:55 AM
Air Kuul TT is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Scott '96 993c2
WOW ... that's young to be in a CGT!

You gotta wonder if the driver had any training under his belt. So sad to hear stories like this ... this is the 3rd I've read about in the past couple of weeks ... and I don't even read that much.

Scott
Very sad... and they're so young!! RIP and condolences to both families.

Old 04-05-2007, 02:57 PM
mile2424 Is a GOD !mile2424 Is a GOD !mile2424 Is a GOD !mile2424 Is a GOD !mile2424 Is a GOD !mile2424 Is a GOD !mile2424 Is a GOD !mile2424 Is a GOD !mile2424 Is a GOD !mile2424 Is a GOD !mile2424 Is a GOD !
Very sad, condolences to all the families

Old 04-05-2007, 03:41 PM
Banned
Eric523 is infamous around these parts
Very sad news. RIP
The trend of younger driver's can be a bit scary to all of us. FWIW I was at a driver's ed/time trial with my 914 just 4 days after my 16th bithday. So at 21, I've got 5 years of track experience, which is more than some of the older fella's here with 600+hp cars.

Old 04-05-2007, 07:40 PM
stuttgart1 is infamous around these parts
This is from Vic Elford " Speed itself don't kill, it's the wrong speed at wrong time that kill". I think we should keep this in mind.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Porsche crash in SF bay area