Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Porsche crash in SF bay area

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 11:40 PM
Cedric is infamous around these parts
His age doesnt have much to do with the crash here in my opinion guys, whether it was a Carrera GT or an Enzo, skills is the most important factor, not Age. I've been a car guy since birth literally, started learning how to drive at around 13, now im 23.
Plus I don't think a C4S requires too much skill in order to drive.
On another note, I myself plan on mastering drifting or any kinda car control lessons before sitting in these type of supercars like Enzos, Ferraris, Lambos and stuff.

For the record, I hate TREES , i never speed in an area i with a lot of trees!!!!!

Old 04-08-2007, 01:53 AM
jrloM3 is infamous around these parts
very sad. we just had a memorial at SR for Luis, now i read about this. let's be safe out there.

RIP.

Old 04-08-2007, 04:59 PM
SpyderCP is infamous around these parts
Horrible news.
RIP

Old 04-09-2007, 07:08 PM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
RIP

Be safe.

Old 04-09-2007, 09:44 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Sad,

please rest in peace.

Someone needs to edit the thread title to "Sad Porsche Crash"

Has nothing to do with a CGT.

MK

Old 04-10-2007, 02:34 AM
Scott '96 993c2 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
Sad,

please rest in peace.

Someone needs to edit the thread title to "Sad Porsche Crash"

Has nothing to do with a CGT.

MK
I agree.

Scott

Old 04-10-2007, 06:45 PM
carendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the rough
i drove past the area of the crash the other day - those tire marks are ominous. they skid across the entire 4-5 lanes of highway straight into a tree area. it's too bad.

- chuck

Old 04-13-2007, 12:41 PM
X-50 Lube Job is infamous around these parts
any you guys eat at New Tung Kee noodle house, now Lu'u noodle....i eat at the one in Mountain View next to walmart. the owners are friends with my wifes parents, i feel so bad for them. great family.

it was the son of the owner of Lu'u noodle who died, plus his friend. dad bought him a new carrera S. they were coming back from a party in the hills when they lost it at around 120mph. i drove by the turn yesterday. at least 3 lanes of skid marks, just clipped the guard rail, then off the road down embankment into trees.

there are a couple of sections on 280 (my backyard, i live at el monte and 280 next to foothill college) that are a bit tricky...you need to know where they are to either slow down or avoid them...or face going airborn, loose traction, etc. i bet thats what happened, little bump at expansion joint, rear end gets light, off you go...280 is filled with these joints, at foothill expressway heading north, big one southbound before you hit el monte exit, etc.

be careful people. we all love 280. please be safe.

Last edited by X-50 Lube Job; 04-13-2007 at 12:46 PM.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:02 PM
Banned
Call911 is infamous around these parts
Best regards ....

Old 04-13-2007, 02:49 PM
carendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by X-50 Lube Job
there are a couple of sections on 280 (my backyard, i live at el monte and 280 next to foothill college) that are a bit tricky...you need to know where they are to either slow down or avoid them...or face going airborn, loose traction, etc. i bet thats what happened, little bump at expansion joint, rear end gets light, off you go...280 is filled with these joints, at foothill expressway heading north, big one southbound before you hit el monte exit, etc.

yep - it's a good road for driving fast (<100) but after that, it's not nearly as great as people think it is. there are certainly spots to go for it, but like you say, there are unexpected spots where you *will* go airborne at high speeds.

- chuck

Old 04-13-2007, 03:17 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by X-50 Lube Job
any you guys eat at New Tung Kee noodle house, now Lu'u noodle....i eat at the one in Mountain View next to walmart. the owners are friends with my wifes parents, i feel so bad for them. great family.

it was the son of the owner of Lu'u noodle who died, plus his friend. dad bought him a new carrera S. they were coming back from a party in the hills when they lost it at around 120mph. i drove by the turn yesterday. at least 3 lanes of skid marks, just clipped the guard rail, then off the road down embankment into trees.

yeps that's them. Very sad indeed. I know the area well and there are some very nasty spots. RIP.

Old 04-13-2007, 10:43 PM
Vanishing Point is infamous around these parts
This reminds me of the two guys who were brothers maybe ?? that took one of their brand new 996TT's out fora spin dduring one of their 2 y/o B Day party. About 3 minutes after they left, the car came rolling end over end back down the hill into their front yard and both were killed.

One thing you guys may not know about is that this type of nonsense has been going on in the Marine world forever. Every time we take our boat out, I have rich kids that are 17 or 18 drivng $200 K 38 Ft Cigerette boats pushing 1000 hp that go rip roaring around crowded inlets w/no professinal training.

They can run over a Jet ski and never even know it.

Old 04-14-2007, 07:54 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
This goes to show it doesnt have to be a CGT to lose control of. It's a good thing to test the limits of your car in a safe environment so that you know them instead of at a whim on public roads, which many of us are guilty of but blessed to still be a live. I have managed to spin my turbo at Road Atlanta, luckily into the gravel but I learned a invaluable lesson about how the rear end spins around so fast on rear engine cars, and I heard it several times but you really cant comprehend it until you experience it. Sadly the vast majority of people with high horsepower cars have no clue how to handle them at their limits but drive them there all the time, sad really, but do to lack of education and many dont find out until it's too late.

Old 04-21-2007, 09:28 PM
JL993 is a jewel in the roughJL993 is a jewel in the roughJL993 is a jewel in the rough
Driving a Porsche is a serious business and this cars has to be treated with respect , responsibility and driving skills to avoid personal injuries.

Last weekend on Sunday there was a brand new Gallardo driven in a Mall Parking Lot doing some crazy/stupid thing as drag racing for a couple of seconds near the pedestrian Area , that could be ended in a tragedy when he(she) could not stop in time doing this stunts when someone was passing by.

I can not imagine driving @ 120 mph in the street very scary !

Old 12-03-2007, 06:40 AM
Nils Von Driver is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by VRAlexander
Like I said before, the envelope on the CGT is on a different level than any other Super Car...it is the closest thing that I have driven to a F1 car...the drive characteristics, especially at high speed, are very different than that of a regular sports car....for example...if you get in a oversteer situation at 90+mph in a Corvette, you can counter, WOT and steer out of the situation....with the CGT, if you do the same, you are DONE! GAME OVER...different way of driving the car, however when you master it, the rewards are unreal!!! The CGT has been the most fun that I have had on 4wheels...It is not the fastest car than I own, nor is it the best handeling/braking....however it is the one that gives me the biggest smile!!!!
Please don't take me as a jerk. I don't mean to be. I am just asking a question. Are you saying that you have mastered the CGT?
If you have that is very impressive indeed. I'm not sure if even Walter Rohl would make such a claim. Walter rohl even crashed a CGT (during development) when he first got in one. How long did it take you to master it?

I have had mine since they they first started hitting the US soil and I wouldn't dare say such a thing. Do you take yours to the track often in order to play at the limits?

I am VERY SORRY! to hear of such news of young people passing in this fashion. very, very sad..

Last edited by Nils Von Driver; 12-03-2007 at 08:26 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Porsche crash in SF bay area