Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Interesting conversation with dealer re Panamera, GT2, GT3RS and facelift Carrera

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 10:21 PM
jvmax is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ZEMDOGG
Thats very bad business on the dealerships part. We had a similiar situation where the guy knew this guy and that guy over at Porsche. We did the deal took the order and sold it at sticker. In fact no matter what the car we do not sell anything over sticker and never have. Technically i would make more money but being a huge enthusiast it feels better not to gouge people. Good people good policy. : )
So I can walk in being a previous customer of Porsche of Orlando and order a GT3 RS at sticker? If so, how long is the wait?

Old 04-29-2007, 07:29 AM
ZEMDOGG is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jvmax
So I can walk in being a previous customer of Porsche of Orlando and order a GT3 RS at sticker? If so, how long is the wait?
You can walk in being anybody and not get charged over sticker : )

We have sold all of our GT3RS(3) though as one might imagine. But GT3's Turbos(coupes,cabs) are never over sticker. Trust me we get offers all the time for over sticker deals but if the car is spoken for its spoken for. Just our policy!

Old 04-29-2007, 11:26 AM
GT3Racerich is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ZEMDOGG
You can walk in being anybody and not get charged over sticker : )

We have sold all of our GT3RS(3) though as one might imagine. But GT3's Turbos(coupes,cabs) are never over sticker. Trust me we get offers all the time for over sticker deals but if the car is spoken for its spoken for. Just our policy!
We always here of the crap that dealers pull. Nice to here about a good dealership for a change.
Rich

Old 04-29-2007, 12:05 PM
ZEMDOGG is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by GT3Racerich
We always here of the crap that dealers pull. Nice to here about a good dealership for a change.
Rich
Yeah it would be tough to work for a place that did those types of things. Im an enthusiast 1st salesman 2nd.

Old 04-29-2007, 08:17 PM
sftobr is infamous around these parts
What you pay for a car is what it is worth to you. If you want it bad enough and there are none available you either pay more or don't have it.I chose to pay over sticker to get my GT3RS because I was not smart enough to place an early order. Having bought quite a few new porsches the last few years, I am sure my dealer would have gotten me the car at MSRP if I placed an early order.I went with the 997TT as my first choice but after seeing a GT3RS in person I was hooked.To me it is one of the best looking and driving cars Porsche has ever made. I never liked dealers who charge over MSRP however, when they get a very limited production car they can hit a home run with 99% of the dealers will do whatever they have to do to make as much as possible on that deal. Thats the way it is in the car market today!I have my car and to me it was money well spent.Just my 2 cents!!!

Old 04-29-2007, 09:14 PM
NeverFastEnough is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by sftobr
What you pay for a car is what it is worth to you. If you want it bad enough and there are none available you either pay more or don't have it.I chose to pay over sticker to get my GT3RS because I was not smart enough to place an early order. Having bought quite a few new porsches the last few years, I am sure my dealer would have gotten me the car at MSRP if I placed an early order.I went with the 997TT as my first choice but after seeing a GT3RS in person I was hooked.To me it is one of the best looking and driving cars Porsche has ever made. I never liked dealers who charge over MSRP however, when they get a very limited production car they can hit a home run with 99% of the dealers will do whatever they have to do to make as much as possible on that deal. Thats the way it is in the car market today!I have my car and to me it was money well spent.Just my 2 cents!!!
What you say is very true.

But there are some dealers who are really gouging their customers. I know that my local dealership will NOT sell a car over MSRP, even the GT3RS. They have a very loyal customer base whom they aim to please. They have been offered well over MSRP (for GT3RS's, TT's and GT3's) from potential buyers in other states but they have not taken the offers. Their own customers come first.

Granted they work in a very small community (relative to California, New York, Florida, Nevada, etc.) and if word got out that they were taking advantage of customers then they would probably very rapidly go out of business.

It is unfortunate more dealerships do not work that way.

Last edited by NeverFastEnough; 04-29-2007 at 09:19 PM.