Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

5177 mi Road Trip

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 07:32 AM
Trundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up 5177 mi Road Trip

A great journey covering 5177 miles (car now has 7849 mi on the clock)
LA to Illinois then to TN/NC for the Dragon, on to Birmingham for PDE (mostly US highways 90%) and return to LA.
The GT3 is a great car on the road and comfortable for long hauls, longest stint 818 mi.
Did "Tail of the Dragon" as well as Cherohala Skyway. WOW, great roads and beautiful country.
No oil consumption for the trip.
Reasonable fuel economy of 24.7 overall.
Attended another PDE Masters, Barber Motorsports is a great track to drive.

Do not be afraid to drive your GT3

PICS HERE

Old 05-03-2007, 07:38 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Gorgeous car and great pictures! I have taken two long distance trips in my turbo one from California to Michigan and another from Arizona to Michigan. Both were a ton of fun!

Old 05-03-2007, 07:38 AM
greygt3 is a name known to allgreygt3 is a name known to allgreygt3 is a name known to allgreygt3 is a name known to allgreygt3 is a name known to allgreygt3 is a name known to all
Awesome trip I'm envious. I did the dragon last year and it was something to remember.

Old 05-03-2007, 07:39 AM
mtalx is infamous around these parts
What a trip. It is good to see someone really driving the GT3!

Old 05-03-2007, 07:46 AM
master_jcp is infamous around these partsmaster_jcp is infamous around these parts
Very nice car. Nice trip. Was that your first big road trip? And thanks for all the nice pics.

Old 05-03-2007, 07:49 AM
6088TTS has a spectacular aura about6088TTS has a spectacular aura about6088TTS has a spectacular aura about
wow thats amazing! i want to do something shorter this summer... Vancouver to LA and back... but this involves sending my car via train to Vancouver from Toronto first... but i am sure its going to be an awesome trip! BEAUTIFUL CAR AND BEAUTIFUL DRIVE! hats off to you sir!

Alan

Old 05-03-2007, 08:07 AM
pilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nice
That's the right way to enjoy your Porsche friend!
Well done!
And...oh!...awesome pics

Old 05-03-2007, 09:45 AM
JAY@BRANDYWINE is infamous around these parts
AWESOME pics, looks like it was alot of fun

Old 05-03-2007, 09:48 AM
NoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant future
Ok so how fast were you going to get that ticket?

Old 05-03-2007, 10:30 AM
PeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud of
Wow... that tail of the dragon must be some drive.

Old 05-03-2007, 01:56 PM
Cedric is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by NoRoom4Error
Ok so how fast were you going to get that ticket?
Took the words right outta my mouth!

Sweet!
I want to do NY to MIAMI so bad.

Old 05-03-2007, 02:01 PM
JoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud of
GREAT pictures and story! Thanks!

Originally Posted by Wow
Took the words right outta my mouth!

Sweet!
I want to do NY to MIAMI so bad.
I'm doing Philadelphia to S. Fla this summer at some point, but driving to Virginia and taking the autotrain down to florida. Should still be fun!

Old 05-03-2007, 02:05 PM
Cedric is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by JoeyG
GREAT pictures and story! Thanks!
I'm doing Philadelphia to S. Fla this summer at some point, but driving to Virginia and taking the autotrain down to florida. Should still be fun!
I hate that MC/DC/VA area though.
1- Radar detectors are illegal there. I dunno if they have a way to find out whether u have one or not, but it sucks.

I havent been thru West Virginia in about 5 years, but last time i drove thru there, the roads were great, and there werent that many cops.

Old 05-03-2007, 02:11 PM
JoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Wow
I hate that MC/DC/VA area though.
1- Radar detectors are illegal there. I dunno if they have a way to find out whether u have one or not, but it sucks.

I havent been thru West Virginia in about 5 years, but last time i drove thru there, the roads were great, and there werent that many cops.
Yeah, Va sucks big time. They can tell if you've got radar when you slam the brakes on when they clock you. They can also confiscate it.

Old 05-03-2007, 06:18 PM
SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !
Great trip, good for you!! Nice pictures and some beautiful contry. No better way to see america. I have driven from California to North Carolina several times and love the roadies... Enjoy and be safe..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 5177 mi Road Trip