Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

997 GT3RS Wing on a 997 GT3... has anyone done it yet?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 12:04 PM
grussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by vincentdds
I smell Euro GT3rs. I assume you're doing LWF but are doing gearing as well?
Hey Vincent,

LWFW was done long ago and is a must do in these cars (as you know). Trans is out because we put the 4.00:1 Cup Ring and Pinion set in.

Old 05-11-2007, 12:19 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by grussell
Hey Vincent,

LWFW was done long ago and is a must do in these cars (as you know). Trans is out because we put the 4.00:1 Cup Ring and Pinion set in.
Hey Bud
How about LSD? Or saving it for the 997 Cup.

Old 05-11-2007, 12:28 PM
grussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud of
No LSD for now.

I'll get a new Cup in 08 but I am very happy with the 05 996 Cup. I like the trans and ABS in the 996 and it is still like new.

Old 05-11-2007, 12:53 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by grussell
No LSD for now.

I'll get a new Cup in 08 but I am very happy with the 05 996 Cup. I like the trans and ABS in the 996 and it is still like new.
Great cars line up this year Garrett. Are you racing with the cup? Have fun.

Old 05-12-2007, 08:06 AM
aracerx is infamous around these parts
997 GT3 Mods

HuH....We just finished our second roof replacement and factory roll bar installation. Forged, Powder Coated (car coordinated) 19 inchers....Cup Splitters....Flywheels...AND....GEARS baby, yea GEARS!...I enjoyed changing roofs though,,,,,not too many people ( I think) have even done one!...Getting the rear wings are a PITA!! Mark

Old 05-12-2007, 08:07 AM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Mark, pictures please

Old 05-12-2007, 08:25 AM
zona is infamous around these partszona is infamous around these parts
Replica carbon rear 997 GT3 RS spoilers are available at MA SHAW (board sponsor).........for around $2800.
-z

Old 05-12-2007, 08:38 AM
aracerx is infamous around these parts
RS Wing?

DJ..was that you about MA SHAW? on the RS WINGS? Has anyone tried one of his wings....these cars I'm involved in are all new and I am **** on body pieces fit and finish. You Know...I just ordered some from Europe but the wait sucks! Has anyone out there tried that particular piece...actually, it requires a few addl pieces to recreate factory fit and finish. thanks Mark

Old 05-12-2007, 10:13 AM
Originally Posted by aracerx
HuH....We just finished our second roof replacement and factory roll bar installation. Forged, Powder Coated (car coordinated) 19 inchers....Cup Splitters....Flywheels...AND....GEARS baby, yea GEARS!...I enjoyed changing roofs though,,,,,not too many people ( I think) have even done one!...Getting the rear wings are a PITA!! Mark
What are you doing w/ the gearings?

Old 05-12-2007, 10:59 AM
Yeah, what are you doing with the gearing?

And where are the pics?????