Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

A One Off "Street Legal" GT3 Cup ...!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 06:23 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
MrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to all
The sequential tranny is a totally different story to a standard 6 speed. As others have posted the lever is the safety lockout for selecting reverse gear.

To select reverse you push forward until you're in 1st gear, then push forward again to select neutral. While in neustral you hold the safety lockup handle in and then push forward again to select reverse.

Sequential trannys are capable of much faster and harder shifts however they are crap for the street. In my M coupe I cannot hear the 6 fuel pumps or the twin 3" titanium exhausts over the transmission noise (ie it is REALLY LOUD).

Selection of gears up or down is difficult at low speeds. Selection of reverse gear is very difficult at all times. You end up holding in the lockup, letting the clutch in and out a few times, blipping the throttle, selecting 1st again, etc.

If you are coming to a stop (say at a traffic light) and you are in 3rd gear (for example) then you must shift 2nd - 1st - neutral quickly. You cannot just cruise up in 3rd and clutch in, then liesurely select 1st because the transmission will not allow you to select a gear once the tranny has stopped. You are now stuck in traffic with your gearbox in 3rd at a complete stop. Good luck ;-)

The sequential tranny does offer you a rev cutout flat shift where, on upshifts, the shifter sense when you're selecting the next higher gear and triggers an ignition cut (while you stay flat on the gas) to allow selection of the next gear without using the clutch. A brief pause is all that's required for the tranny to select the next gear.

In summary, sequential gearboxes are great for racing but suck hardcore for the street. It's one of those things that makes you think "yeah, cool" and then you would rather eat dog**** after you've lived with it for a day.

Old 01-16-2013, 03:08 AM
Perrew is infamous around these parts
Upping this great thread, any more pics or info on the car?

Old 01-16-2013, 10:39 AM
gstahl is a jewel in the roughgstahl is a jewel in the roughgstahl is a jewel in the rough
Holy resurrection batman!

Old 02-06-2013, 10:44 PM
silvergs is infamous around these parts
ok i have tried a search..can someone please provide more information on the fender flares? i've seen it on another silver car as well as rwb's (too wild for my taste). only information i can find seem to point to the direction of generic bolt on flare. thanks

Old 02-08-2013, 12:08 PM
medici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by silvergs
ok i have tried a search..can someone please provide more information on the fender flares? i've seen it on another silver car as well as rwb's (too wild for my taste). only information i can find seem to point to the direction of generic bolt on flare. thanks
Contact Ruf. It's part of the (997) Ruf RGT, but they might be able to sell them seperately.

Man, this car is still epic even 6 years later.

Old 02-12-2013, 06:23 PM
962Cdude is infamous around these parts
Is that a sequential I spot? If so very nice. Looks like no dollar was spared for this dream car. Too bad Dymag ain't making car wheels anymore.

Old 02-12-2013, 09:09 PM
kouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant future
amazing build! A very lucky owner!

Old 02-13-2013, 07:45 AM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
Would be something like this??