Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

GT2 Pricing Picture at present

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2004, 09:02 AM
watt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to behold
GT2 Pricing Picture at present

KPV was asking about pricing, so i'll give you my current view, and maybe other recent buyers/sellers can give theirs.

colours in descending order of saleability:

artic
seal, slate
black
sy

red, white

the $ differential between artic and red for identical cars can reach 10-15K, wholesale... an emotional retail buyer may narrow the gap. there's no perceptible price diff. between seal and slate and arctic, just volume of buyers

02 new 140 prime colours
03 new 148
04 new none sold to date at window of 191+. i plan to buy an 04 when they hit 160 or less.

Old 04-02-2004, 02:02 PM
Turbo Racer is infamous around these parts
watt,

any insight on used 2-7k mi gt2. you gt2 guys have given me the bug. how many were produced and will they cont to offer them on the 996 platform?

TIA

Old 04-02-2004, 02:26 PM
watt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to behold
jack will recite the number built; it's like 220.

a great condition 5-7k mi 02 offer 127-135 depending on condition -- key factor is have the pccb been abused??? that, and other types of abuse the main issue in used supercars... and wrecks of course... don't buy my old SY!!!

i would consider having the car certified and get the extended 100k warranty by running the purchase thru a dealer... if they like you they will do it for $2500.

Attached Images  
Old 04-02-2004, 02:42 PM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 is infamous around these partsHamann7 is infamous around these parts
watt, where have you seen a perceptible price difference between black and seal or slate? there aren't many black around compared to artic or some derivation of grey. as far as i know, they haven't traded for less.

i like black because they are less common than other standard colors. Silver would not be a desirable color for me personally because they are too common relative to the other colors, yellow is worse, white actually isn't so bad.

Geoff, before you pull the trigger, see if you can test drive a GT2 first. It is quite a bit different than a Turbo and may not suit everyone's taste.

That being said, figure on spending between $140K for a clean one. I know of a local '03 GT2 in seal with 3700mi. which you can get for probably mid $140's.

Last edited by Hamann7; 04-02-2004 at 02:45 PM.
Old 04-02-2004, 03:06 PM
Turbo Racer is infamous around these parts
Watt,

thanks for the info. I will be looking over the next few months or however long I need to find the right one . Now why did you have to go and add a pic for me. I am dying . will definitely go for the certified if I can get the right price, mine's already paid for itself. Watt, didn't want to hijack the thread, I'd start a different thread if you prefer.

Tyson,

Thanks for your imput. I will definitely drive a few if I can. My dad and I will be looking for F-cars in a couple of weeks so I'll be keeping an eye out for the gt2; he's thinking about the 550 or 575. My dad also likes the 456 . He likes v12s. I am hoping to fine some local one's in LA and will let you know my impressions. If I can handle the car... well anyway, since the pss9's went in I feel that I have a completely new car. Last time I talked to you and observed some you comments on your recent, how shall we say, "interesting interaction," I really have focused my driving through the turns to really get a feel of the suspension. I definitely feel the front tires pulling that prevent the powerslides . I want to explore the handling side of my car. I doubt I'd anything much performance wise at this point except for a europipe and dv's, so we'll have to see what happens. The stock balance of power with the pss9's IMHO is really great.

any other thoughts??

Thanks,

Geoff

Old 04-02-2004, 03:33 PM
tyson,

black should be cheaper just 'cuz you gotta wash it 3 times per week!!! it's all marginal pricing: volume of demand, and there's fewer who want black meaning a quick sale will be less than artic, but see my comment above on emotion in purschase and sale... it takes people away from value... "getting married to your position" we call it in trading.

geoff,

good luck, the longer you wait the more deals you'll find. i ad no plan to buy this slate car but the price was right so i bought now instead of this summer, even tho' my 97 TT just arrived!!!

Attached Images