Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Buyer beware...Champion Motorsports in Spring, TX

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 09:11 PM
Spidermonkey is infamous around these parts
Holger B- Thanks for the congrats. Yes, we can meet up for a drink when I return. Circa is my local watering hole...Sorry you had a bad experience with Darrell. I had nothing but a positive experience.

Old 06-20-2007, 09:55 PM
raffi is infamous around these parts
i just got back to check this thread and the lotto numbers, thanks for nothing yellowbmr.
i guess you are out driving already, i am about 30min away from that area, i was actually out there on saturday. i will check on here in another 30min-hour if you still havent headed out.
why dont you just email someone some pics or use the other sites to put up pics.
it will make everyone who doubted you look like an idiot, but i still really want to know the story behind the wrong side skirts.

Old 06-20-2007, 10:00 PM
Originally Posted by chrissurfr
raffi and monkeywhacker......i think you guys should meet up and fight.....what kind of dealer tries to rip a porsche fanatic a new one???? he had this coming...i hope he never sells a porsche again
chris, only if i can borrow your brass knuckles, jk. if he really bought the car i hope he didnt get screwed and there is a good explanation to the wrong body parts and no hidden damage.

Old 06-20-2007, 10:13 PM
Hey Raffi- Sorry, was outside. Just got back at my laptop. Was thinking about heading out for coffee and a drive shortly. Let me know if you're interested meeting up. 9:05pm right now

Old 06-20-2007, 10:16 PM
Nope, didn't get screwed. No hidden damage. No explanation to the side skirts but I don't think I will be able get an explanation unless I can somehow track down the original owner. I'll try to call the dealer where the car was purchased in Houston and try to get some kind of explanation though.

Old 06-20-2007, 10:20 PM
i pm'd you spider.
i will bring a camera and post pictures for you if i can make it out.

Old 06-20-2007, 10:22 PM
Raffi- In need of coffee before my run tonight. I'm going to head over to the Commons plaza in Calabasas to the Starbucks there for some coffee. Unfortunately it's my only choice for coffee in Calabasas at night and I don't feel like going into the valley. If you're up for it why don't you meet me there between 9:45 and 10:00 and we can do a little fun run up Stunt or Piuma and back.

Regarding pics- If one of you wants to give me an email address I'll gladly send the pics over. If Raffi wants to meet up for a drive tonight then that will solve this too. When I get back to San Francisco Holger and I are going to meet up for a drink.. Turns out we both live in the Marina.. Small world.

Old 06-20-2007, 10:23 PM
Holger B is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Spidermonkey
Holger B- Thanks for the congrats. Yes, we can meet up for a drink when I return. Circa is my local watering hole...Sorry you had a bad experience with Darrell. I had nothing but a positive experience.
I'm old school and more of the Marina Lounge type...but either works for me.

Old 06-20-2007, 10:25 PM
Raffi- PM me again. I had to turn off the pop up blocker first so I didn't see the message yet.

Old 06-20-2007, 10:35 PM
mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !
congrats spyder, now you and holger (both in marina)... two obnoxious silver GT3's hahaha.

we'll meet up some day.

cheers and enjoy.

Old 06-20-2007, 10:38 PM
I gave Raffi my cell number. Hoping we'll meet up for a drive out in the canyons tonight above Malibu. Should be fun. I'm curious how the car feels out in the twisty's with the correct alignment and fresh meat on the rear.

Old 06-20-2007, 10:52 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Spidermonkey,
Check out this auction for side skirts on e-bay. They are not factory parts, but are at least period correct for your car. (And inexpensive)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PORSC...spagenameZWDVW

Old 06-21-2007, 01:35 AM
Luis GT3- Thanks for the link on those side skirts, I'll chem em' out.

Raffi and I met up tonight for a spirited canyon run down here in LA so hopefully he'll post a message when he gets home supporting that fact that I'm real and the car is as described.

Old 06-21-2007, 02:02 AM
by the looks of the last few posts it seems as though most of the guys here were starting to think you were legit. i have to admit i had my doubts and i must apologize again.
It was great meeting you and very nice of you to share your extensive knowledge of these cars. it was a short drive but i learned alot by watching you and trying to follow your lines.
you were so right about the cops, i ran into 2 on my way down and was ready to pull over when i saw one just sitting there with his radar, but i guess i got lucky.
Congrats again on the car, i really think it would look better with the mk2 skirts, especially for a few hundred bucks like the ones luis posted, but if it doesnt bother you just leave them. you can tell they were installed by a good shop.
It will be very hard to get them installed as perfectly as the ones that are already on. I have always read of people adding the skirts after delivery and noticing a slight gap, because of the incorrect adhesive and not clamping properly...
have a safe trip back to SF and hope we can go out for another run with a bigger group if you are ever in the area again.

Old 06-21-2007, 02:18 AM
jox
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Look, now the dealership hijacked raffi's account ^^

Just kidding. As I said earlier - I apologize if I came off as harsh. Dealer was still weird but I don't doubt you or the car being great

I'm still curious about your username though!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Buyer beware...Champion Motorsports in Spring, TX