Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Buyer beware...Champion Motorsports in Spring, TX

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 09:20 AM
Holger B is infamous around these parts
Exclamation Buyer beware...Champion Motorsports in Spring, TX

Not THE Champion, just some dirtbags in Texas. Silver 996 GT3.

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...d.php?t=354216

Old 05-26-2007, 09:48 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
lol.......

Old 05-26-2007, 09:48 AM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
LOL, saw that on rennlist also.

Old 05-26-2007, 09:54 AM
jox
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
No big deal.. I mean, name one successful executive who hasn't shouted "GET LOST MENTAL MIDGET!" to people pointing out obvious mistakes!

Old 05-26-2007, 10:20 AM
SD1
SD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura about
I sent him an email, maybe he is having a bad day but jeesus man, its hard to maintain a good rep in the car biz and saying shiet like that is completely moronic and infinetly more damaging to his credibility than any hazing he was getting in that thread.

In truth Holger was doing the guy a favor.

Old 06-19-2007, 10:41 PM
Spidermonkey is infamous around these parts
I saw this car too on e-bay and the thread from 6speedonline.com and the one on rennlist. I felt the price warranted an inspection so I flew to Houston from San Francisco to check it out. The car is in immaculate condition regardless of whether or not it has the correct side skirts on it. Honestly I could care less whether they're MK1 or MK2 side skirts. My concerns are that the car is structually and mechanically sound and well cared for. Cosmetics are easy to replace...and cheap. Long story short- I bought the car and drove it back. I got a great deal on a great car. I was able to get the car up on the lift today and do a more thorough and complete inspection. Everything looks perfect. The folks at Champion Motorsports were honest and straight-forward and doing business with them was a pleasure. I would buy from them again.

Old 06-19-2007, 11:03 PM
MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Spidermonkey
I saw this car too on e-bay and the thread from 6speedonline.com and the one on rennlist. I felt the price warranted an inspection so I flew to Houston from San Francisco to check it out. The car is in immaculate condition regardless of whether or not it has the correct side skirts on it. Honestly I could care less whether they're MK1 or MK2 side skirts. My concerns are that the car is structually and mechanically sound and well cared for. Cosmetics are easy to replace...and cheap. Long story short- I bought the car and drove it back. I got a great deal on a great car. I was able to get the car up on the lift today and do a more thorough and complete inspection. Everything looks perfect. The folks at Champion Motorsports were honest and straight-forward and doing business with them was a pleasure. I would buy from them again.
Scott! Damnit! Keep the computer away from the monkeys . . . And how did one of them get a registered account?

Old 06-20-2007, 12:16 AM
nine9six is infamous around these partsnine9six is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Spidermonkey
Are you from Champion motorsport?

Old 06-20-2007, 12:25 AM
drjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the rough
Very suspicious 1st post...nevertheless, Spring is a couple of miles from me and this is the first I've heard about 'em

Old 06-20-2007, 01:21 AM
Banned
renntech36 is infamous around these partsrenntech36 is infamous around these parts
hey darrell...... hows business?

Old 06-20-2007, 05:47 AM
jox
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Spidermonkey

Old 06-20-2007, 09:51 AM
Spidermonkey is infamous around these parts
No, I'm not from Champion Motorsports. I live in San Francisco and saw the car on ebay. I've been looking for a silver GT3 for awhile now. While doing some research on the car I also came across this thread. It appears that Holger set up a great buy for me...He scared everyone else away from the car. I agree the sideskirt issue seemed suspicious but upon further investigation and ultimately an inspection the car is exactly as described and has no signs of ever being in an accident, damaged, or anything else. I've gotten some of the best deals on vehicles in situations exactly like this one- Something doesn't seem right and everyone gets scared off. I bought a motorcycle once for half of blue book because it appeared to be stolen. The ignition was broken and the owner didn't have the title. I thought it was worth checking out so I went out and talked to the guy. Turns out someone had try to steal the bike and broke the ignition and he had honestly just lost the title. He had the registration and it matched the name on his license so I bought it and went to the DMV and got a duplicate title for like 15 bux.

I drove the car from Houston to LA and dropped it off with my suspension/alignment guru in Anaheim. The car looks and runs perfect. We changed the alignment back closer to the Porsche specs and made some suspension adjustments. I'm at a hotel near the shop now waiting for 2 rear tires to be delivered by fed-ex. I spoke with the gentleman from Champion Motorsports yesterday and explained that the alignment was off and it had worn out the insides of the rear tires. After 1500 miles of driving from Houston to LA the belts were starting to show through on the insides of the rears. Darrell was kind enough to offer to pay for the two new rear tires and the alignment- About $900 bux. How often does a seller take care of you like that after your purchase?

I could really care less about any issues you people seem to have with Champion. Were you even remotely serious about buying the car in the first place or did you just see an opportunity to give someone a hard time? Rather pitiful if you ask me but thanks for setting up the opportunity for me to buy this car! I thoroughly enjoy it and now that the alignment is correct and I've got fresh meat on the rear I think I'll hit the canyons tonight and play a little.

Old 06-20-2007, 10:01 AM
raffi is infamous around these parts
thats great spider monkey, i saw a few cars i liked at champion also and will probably head out there soon...
are you gonna change out the side skirts, or go retro with the lights and do an mk1 front bumper and rear wing?

Old 06-20-2007, 10:11 AM
Banned
Eric is infamous around these parts
i'm raising my bull**** flag

E

Old 06-20-2007, 10:13 AM
jox
I seriously doubt some random buyer found this thread and started defending his purchase a couple of months later. Fifty bucks say "Spidermonkey" is the weirdo dealer trying to save the little cred his dealership still has. Pathetic.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Buyer beware...Champion Motorsports in Spring, TX