Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Delivery pics from today, finally posted !

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 09:08 PM
RufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really nice
Originally Posted by chucksweet
Awesome collection of cars...congrats!

Do you get the F40 out very often?

Chuck
Chuck, thanks man, coming from a discerning collector like yourself, I appreciate it.

Funny you should ask about the F40 and getting it out...I think I need to run it more often than I do.

I started the F40 up on Thursday night, and the gas pedal felt sluggish and the engine "bogged down" when I gave it throttle. The only way I can describe it is almost like a loss of compression, and subsequently engine felt like it was not firing on all cylinders.

No smoke, no strange noises, all fluids within normal limits....car had been run a couple of days earlier, and the day before that as well, no issues. It had been off the trickle charger for a week.

I removed the fuse panel and checked the fuses for the L/R fuel pumps, and L/R injectors...all fine....relays for the same were all seated.

Went to the back of the car and checked all hoses and ignition connections...everything in place...no pool of fluid below the car !

While the car was idling, I put my hand in front of the exhaust, and each pipe was clean on the hand, with no unburnt fuel etc.

Car idled rough for about 5 mins, bogged down, cleared its throat, and voila, everything is back to normal. Throttle instantly responsive, no abnormal smoke..nothing...Test drive, completely fine and car comes on boost just like before.

Question...any ideas what happened ?

Fouled plugs ?

Fuel pump intermittent problem ?

I posted this on another informative forum, and the consensus seemed to be fouled plugs or a bank of cylinders that "lagged"...

I think a good old fashioned right leg Italian tune up should be performed more often.

Old 06-04-2007, 11:16 PM
porschenut911 is infamous around these parts
Sounds like it needs what you said, an Italian Lineup!!!

I can help you with that

Old 06-05-2007, 01:07 AM
Duane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds like it justed needed an Italian tune up.

Old 06-05-2007, 09:14 AM
chucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by RufMD
Chuck, thanks man, coming from a discerning collector like yourself, I appreciate it.

Car idled rough for about 5 mins, bogged down, cleared its throat, and voila, everything is back to normal. Throttle instantly responsive, no abnormal smoke..nothing...Test drive, completely fine and car comes on boost just like before.
I think a good old fashioned right leg Italian tune up should be performed more often.
I don't have anything like the F40, so I can't comment intelligently, but I have so many cars that it is hard to drive them all often enough... I am convinced that gas goes bad or the carbs get "plaqued" up if I don't do your "right leg tuneup" every so often. I do try and drive them enough to burn through a tank of fuel once in a while. Sometimes this is hard to do with Indiana's weather.

Best wishes,
Chuck

Old 06-05-2007, 10:38 AM
RufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really nice
Nothing like an F40 in your collection Chuck ? I count 14 bonafide classics in that sig of yours alone, and I know you have more....

Give me the 993 TTS alone.....

Old 06-05-2007, 11:34 PM
GHOSTRIDER-TT is infamous around these partsGHOSTRIDER-TT is infamous around these parts
Jas, you are my hero.
Perfect stable.

Old 06-06-2007, 12:25 AM
Nico is infamous around these partsNico is infamous around these parts
Congrats with the new toy! You will love it!

Old 06-06-2007, 12:33 AM
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute
OK, so i'm a little late to this thread.....all i gotta say is WOWZERS!!!

Very nice and congrats

Old 06-06-2007, 03:08 AM
doc911 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Ritesh
No Offense to Jas, but I seriously doubt that an Avg. ER physician can afford those cars. He either sells drugs to the GOMER patients or has invested wisely in other businesses/RE/Stocks.
It depends where you practice medicine. I am a cardiologist for almost ten years, and just got my first Porsche ( 996 targa ).
I believe medicine in USA is rewarding. Isn't Doc?
I can answer in your behalf the question: When do you use your F40?
If you need to rush to ER to resuscitate a patient

Cngratulations, rufMD you have a superb taste.

Fahad.

Old 06-06-2007, 06:13 AM
Thanks Fahad, best regards to you.

Thanks everyone..finally stopped raining here...peaked outside, roads look nice and dry today....

Old 06-06-2007, 11:32 AM
phthom is infamous around these parts
still planning on bringing the gt3 up on sun

Old 06-06-2007, 01:24 PM
Vinaym is infamous around these parts
How closely are you going to follow the recommended break-in procedure? Aren't you supposed to keep it below 4500 rpm for the first 2k miles? When are you planning on first hearing your GT3 sing at 8400rpm :-)

Congratulations on a very appropriate addition to your exquisite collection!
Well Done.

Old 06-06-2007, 02:54 PM
Shawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond repute
Ruf, Very sweet man. I got to ask, what do your neighbours say/think?
Did you sell the yellow Esprit V8? You must draw a crowd of kids on the street all the time.

Last edited by Shawn C; 06-06-2007 at 02:57 PM.
Old 06-06-2007, 03:24 PM
themadhatter444 is infamous around these parts
I'll give you my e36 for a ride in the F40!

Nice pick up, man. One hell of a stable! Enjoy every minute of the GT3!

Old 06-06-2007, 04:29 PM
Doctor K is infamous around these parts
You know doc since your plastic surgery theres a different look you have acquired. (see avitar photo) I just can't put my finger on it but something is different. New hair stylist maybe. I'm only a PhD but I'll bet I could do some reconstruction that would improve your looks.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Delivery pics from today, finally posted !