Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

WOOOHOOO, my 2008 GT3 has been confirmed for Nov. delivery!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 08:53 AM
s4play has a spectacular aura abouts4play has a spectacular aura abouts4play has a spectacular aura about
Congrats razzman It's a good feelin for sure!

Actually the ceramic brakes was put back on the availability list about 2 weeks ago as my sales guy called and said it can be ordered again. They monitor the online list daily so mine will have the ceramic brakes for sure. My dealer is also only getting a lone single 2008 GT3 and it's mine

My production date is Oct. 2007 and delivery will be sometime in November so only 1 month wait once they start building.

rick

Old 07-03-2007, 11:58 AM
razzman is infamous around these parts
Talking

Rick,

Thank you. Congrats to you too are in order. To be the winner of a single allocation is trully amazing, isn't it?

On the ceramics, your dealer may be ahead there. I was told they'd know for sure by the time I come in on Thursday to place the order.

I'm told I'll be getting a Nov build with a late Dec delivery. Long wait, to be sure, but hey, I look at it this way: this X'mas, Santa's big present has my name written all over it! Enjoy yours in good health!

Cheers!

Old 07-03-2007, 12:40 PM
Paris_CarreraS is a jewel in the roughParis_CarreraS is a jewel in the roughParis_CarreraS is a jewel in the rough
congrats man!!!! sick car!!!! the wait will we long....but once you have the car you will we very very happy!!!!

Old 07-03-2007, 01:21 PM
Rec Racing has a spectacular aura aboutRec Racing has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up

Congrats! And the ONLY color for the GT-3....IMHO!

Old 07-03-2007, 06:43 PM
Paris,

Yes, thank you. It'll be a very long wait. No doubt.

Old 07-03-2007, 06:45 PM
Originally Posted by s4play
Congrats razzman It's a good feelin for sure!

Actually the ceramic brakes was put back on the availability list about 2 weeks ago as my sales guy called and said it can be ordered again. They monitor the online list daily so mine will have the ceramic brakes for sure. My dealer is also only getting a lone single 2008 GT3 and it's mine

My production date is Oct. 2007 and delivery will be sometime in November so only 1 month wait once they start building.

rick
Rick,

What color did you decide on?

Old 07-04-2007, 11:44 AM
SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !
Rick, congrats man.. That is exciting and I'm happy for you..

Old 07-04-2007, 02:31 PM
Banned
RWDRIFTC2 is infamous around these parts
No more shows for me Vince - a bit too old for that kind of stuff these days.......hahaha

The car will remain stock and just be enjoyed driven as it is S T O C K!

rick
I will be the first to call B.S. There is no way your leaving that car stock.

Old 07-05-2007, 06:50 PM
cayenne-tt is infamous around these parts
congrats rick!

I remember you from the BMW forums.. Did you sell your Gallardo already?

Old 07-06-2007, 09:07 AM
s4play has a spectacular aura abouts4play has a spectacular aura abouts4play has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by razzman
Rick,

What color did you decide on?
You're talking about my brakes right? Ceramics are yellow calipers so I stuck with the white / yellow theme.

My interior will have the full CF package and also the rear console in CF. I got yellow seat belts, yellow embroidered floor mats, and full yellow deviation stitching on the doors, dash and seats. I opted for the thicker black leather steering wheel and finished it off with the backlit CF "GT3' door sills.

I'm super excited as it's been a while since I ordered a car to my own liking

The Gallardo is gone to a local Portland neighbor....

thanks guys!

rick

Old 07-06-2007, 02:25 PM
You're talking about my brakes right? Ceramics are yellow calipers so I stuck with the white / yellow theme.

My interior will have the full CF package and also the rear console in CF. I got yellow seat belts, yellow embroidered floor mats, and full yellow deviation stitching on the doors, dash and seats. I opted for the thicker black leather steering wheel and finished it off with the backlit CF "GT3' door sills.

I'm super excited as it's been a while since I ordered a car to my own liking

The Gallardo is gone to a local Portland neighbor....

thanks guys!

rick

No, I meant to ask about the ext. or body color! I gather from your post you went with carrara white? Great choice. That would have been my no. 1 choice too but I made the mistake of taking along my 11 yr. old daughter to the dealer. Summer break and all.

Somehow I ended up being talked into Meteor Gray Metallic instead. I think it'll look good in that color too. Kind of a "stealth gray", to be sure. Anyway, the deed is done. I parted with some more cash and signed the paperwork so the order is in the system. Now, the long countdown till X'mas ...

On the PCCB's, they are available once again but I opted for steel brakes, the thicker wheel, xenons and minimum of options since the car will see track use.

List for the '08 MY went up by $1,500 over '07. Other than that there are no major changes to the new MY over '07, I was told. Was that your experience too?

Old 09-24-2007, 11:11 AM
Talked to dealer just recently and car might be here early .....can't wait!

Old 10-04-2007, 11:19 AM
Car has completed build so it's enroute to my dealer - anticipation is killing me!

rick

Old 10-04-2007, 12:13 PM
fcracer is infamous around these partsfcracer is infamous around these parts
It's well worth the wait! I waited 3 months and couldn't be happier!

Old 10-04-2007, 02:31 PM
Former Vendor
MishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond repute
Congratsssss!!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: WOOOHOOO, my 2008 GT3 has been confirmed for Nov. delivery!