Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

GT3's adjustable suspension

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2004, 01:25 AM
bli8 is infamous around these partsbli8 is infamous around these parts
GT3's adjustable suspension

Has anyone been messing w/ the GT3's suspension? What have you done so far? And would it be necessary to do a four wheel alignment if I lower the car by say just another 1/4 to 1/2 an inch?

Old 04-06-2004, 02:50 AM
HKE46Boy is just really niceHKE46Boy is just really niceHKE46Boy is just really niceHKE46Boy is just really niceHKE46Boy is just really nice
Thought the Gt3 suspension is non-height adjustable like the GT2?????

Old 04-06-2004, 03:16 AM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 is infamous around these partsHamann7 is infamous around these parts
HUH? Simon, what are you talking about???

Both the GT2 and GT3 are ride height adjustable. Set-up options include ride height, camber and track, as well as five-stage (front) and four-stage (rear) anti-roll bars.

To answer your question, any time you lower your car of course you are going to have to redo your alignment, as the suspension geometry changes. There are many GT owners who have had their cars corner balanced and aligned to their liking.

My recommendation for alignment is Arling's shop, Lucent Motorsports in WLA. They have all the top of the line equipment, and Tom sets up a lot of cars for some of the most meticulous people, including Cort Wagner!

Old 04-07-2004, 12:21 AM
bli8 is infamous around these partsbli8 is infamous around these parts
What is the best way to reduce the understeer of the car? Making the front sway bar softer or make the rear stiffer? Is it easy to adjust the bars?

Old 04-07-2004, 10:24 AM
Jack(LA) is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Hamann7
My recommendation for alignment is Arling's shop, Lucent Motorsports in WLA. They have all the top of the line equipment, and Tom sets up a lot of cars for some of the most meticulous people, including Cort Wagner!
Tyson -- I agree wholeheartedly with your recommendation, but I'd call it Tom's shop.

BTW, Cort is not near as **** as me, and Tom is one of the few people I trust to work on all my cars!

Old 04-07-2004, 11:08 AM
watt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to behold
Jack is about as picky as they get, and when he recommends a vendor, listen. Just try not to put all the bling on your car that he has on his GT2!!!

Luckily i can count on him to keep me organised -- he recommended Tom to me when i was having high speed instability [150-175 mph] road racing the SY GT2 last summer. Tom totally sorted out my problem and set me up. he is the best, and he listens -- high speed instability is not solved by a track setup most alignment people force on you --

Old 04-07-2004, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by watt
Jack is about as picky as they get, and when he recommends a vendor, listen. Just try not to put all the bling on your car that he has on his GT2!!!

Wattster -- nobody has ever accused me of having too much bling on my car, except for you of course.

Obviously, you have no taste!

BTW, did I tell you I got a 2004 GT2? -- just moved over my Porsche sport buckets and a little carbon from my old car and I was done.

Old 04-07-2004, 01:09 PM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 is infamous around these partsHamann7 is infamous around these parts
OMG Jack-- you got an 04??? How different is it from an '03?

Old 04-07-2004, 01:57 PM
watt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to behold
jack, the Bling King,

i'll relieve you of those 04 bling wheels, and how about this weekend for the fikse switch?????

Last edited by watt; 04-07-2004 at 01:59 PM.
Old 04-07-2004, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by watt
i'll relieve you of those 04 bling wheels, and how about this weekend for the fikse switch?????
Wattster: No, I like those strong, factory and lighter '04 wheels. What Fikses? -- you missed your window of opportunity -- they just got sold.

Look at the incentives they're giving you these days to buy a GT2.... 2 for 1 specials -- it's a tough market out there right now.

Old 04-07-2004, 02:50 PM
MetalSolid is infamous around these parts
Jack inform Watt how much the '04 walks over the '03...

Old 04-07-2004, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by MetalSolid
Jack inform Watt how much the '04 walks over the '03...
Oh man, Noel, what an improvement. That extra 20 hp and the suspension tweaks just make the '04 car sooooo... much better --almost as good as a GT3.

Old 04-07-2004, 04:14 PM
Good Lord Jack,

how embarassing, can you imagine actually owning an RS? jack, that is your wife's clicker car, right?

what ever you do don't show up at my house in that piglet , next thing i know you'll have a Cadillac

the Bling King and the Escalade Man!!!! now all you need is your own Rap video!!!!

and keep away from my "assistant". how do you like my new "ride"?

Attached Images  
Old 04-07-2004, 04:23 PM
Wattster:

The new Caddy (400+ HP) is being delivered tomorrow. How did you know?

At least I don't have no smelly 993TT!

Old 04-07-2004, 07:53 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Watt:

Now that Jack has an '04, what's the life expectancy of that slate beauty in your stable???

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT3's adjustable suspension