Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Beautiful 997 RSR for sale

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 02:44 PM
kem
kem is infamous around these parts
Seriously, read it in the last excellence. Porsche figured the comfort and less fatigue from the driver outweighed the extra weight.

Originally Posted by J Clark
Well said.
Originally Posted by kem
It has air conditioning though.
What?!

Old 06-13-2007, 02:47 PM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
They dont have a/c. Porsche keeps their original dashs in their racecars, but they eliminate certain stuff like a/c.

Old 06-13-2007, 04:57 PM
kem
kem is infamous around these parts
How come no one believes me? It is an option though, and the 996 RSR didn't have it.

This is from excellence magazine, they even have this particular article on their website.
"After going into visual sensory overload over the carbon fiber and machined unobtainium that seems to comprise most of the RS Spyder, we are afforded an extensive look at the new RSR, which can be fitted with, yes, air-conditioning. This makes sense, in that a fresh driver will more than make up for any time lost due to the extra weight of necessary mechanical components. As a club racer who has experienced pre-blackout tunnel vision just before crossing the finish line on a blistering day at Road Atlanta, I'm here to tell you that hot and dehydrated is no way to go through an enduro. Hey, the Corvette people have it, why shouldn't Porsche?"

http://www.excellence-mag.com/art1/art1p2.html

Originally Posted by MiniDHinkle
They dont have a/c. Porsche keeps their original dashs in their racecars, but they eliminate certain stuff like a/c.

Old 06-13-2007, 04:59 PM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by kem
How come no one believes me? It is an option though, and the 996 RSR didn't have it.

This is from excellence magazine, they even have this particular article on their website.
"After going into visual sensory overload over the carbon fiber and machined unobtainium that seems to comprise most of the RS Spyder, we are afforded an extensive look at the new RSR, which can be fitted with, yes, air-conditioning. This makes sense, in that a fresh driver will more than make up for any time lost due to the extra weight of necessary mechanical components. As a club racer who has experienced pre-blackout tunnel vision just before crossing the finish line on a blistering day at Road Atlanta, I'm here to tell you that hot and dehydrated is no way to go through an enduro. Hey, the Corvette people have it, why shouldn't Porsche?

http://www.excellence-mag.com/art1/art1p2.html
Ok, i believe you now

Old 06-13-2007, 10:50 PM
DHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud of
How does that price convert to US Dollars? Is it $40,000? Luis, let's split it. I race east coast, you get west coast!

Old 06-13-2007, 11:55 PM
Banned
Life Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by LUISGT3
Damn. I need that.
You know what I like about you Luis? The fact you need that. It is a matter of survial at times. The humanity of being deprived sometimes... kills ME!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-14-2007, 05:01 AM
alkyoneus has a spectacular aura aboutalkyoneus has a spectacular aura aboutalkyoneus has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Life Dies
You know what I like about you Luis? The fact you need that. It is a matter of survial at times. The humanity of being deprived sometimes... kills ME!!!!!!!!!!
LMFAO, he needs it!!

Old 06-14-2007, 06:04 AM
zicoramone is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by DHinkle
How does that price convert to US Dollars? Is it $40,000? Luis, let's split it. I race east coast, you get west coast!
If it was $40,000 it would be mine already . I think you meant to say $400,000, right ?

Old 06-14-2007, 07:52 AM
bavariamotorist is infamous around these parts
How much does it weigh?

Old 06-14-2007, 12:09 PM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
2500 or so

Old 06-14-2007, 12:13 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Brucem
Ya,.. I need to teach that boy how to drive lol... He is a fun guy!!! Now that it is getting hot, about time you do a road trip to WA state for a track day!!
I would love to I hear you guys have some great tracks up there.

Old 06-14-2007, 12:13 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DHinkle
Im in. .....

Old 06-14-2007, 12:15 PM
Originally Posted by Life Dies
I need it in the same way you need the warmth and smell of a mans body lying next to yours everytime you go to sleep. (= I need it pretty bad)

Old 06-14-2007, 12:15 PM
_JD_ is infamous around these parts
I'm not sure how A/C would make any difference in temperature in an open cockpit like the RSR. Seems as though a cool suit would be more beneficial IMO.

Old 06-14-2007, 05:32 PM
tar6day is infamous around these parts
What about this 993 RSR? It is much much much much cheaper.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...DME:B:EF:US:11

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Beautiful 997 RSR for sale