Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Warning regarding Brandywine Porsche in PA.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 01:32 AM
bavariamotorist is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by SEMJR
I bought 3 cars from Brandywine and sent them out of state. They have been one of the best dealerships I've ever worked with and have always gone above and beyond for me. I would recomend them without any hesitation.

Unfortunately, no matter how many good things one does, it's things like this that define you.

Because when it comes down to it, I want to know that I am a PART of my dealer's agenda rather than SECONDARY to their agenda...That's what builds relationships.

Old 06-21-2007, 10:59 PM
AaronK is a jewel in the roughAaronK is a jewel in the roughAaronK is a jewel in the roughAaronK is a jewel in the rough
I deal with verbal orders worth several hundred thousand dollars every month. My word means something and so does my customers. I don't deal with people who don't stick to their word. To screw over a salesman and a customer just because he isn't local? That is just plain bad business. I would never buy from a dealership that is run by a GM who conducts business this way. A poor salesman you can forgive but the GM? Come on.

Old 10-18-2007, 05:47 PM
Max Power is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by thedutchguy
We are not aware of any other deposits on the car. You also didn't mention that in your earlier posts, so I think you're just trying to have some fun here.

This whole deal has nothing to do with greed, since we didn't sell the car over MSRP. If we were greedy, we would have sold all our GT3-RS for the $ 50K over we were offered. Instead they all went to loyal customers of our store for MSRP. We have never sold a car for more than MSRP. So that remark is worth nothing.

I was recently (in the last 2 weeks) contacted by a salesman from Brandywine Porsche who wouldn't take my deposit for a 2008 GT3 RS because they were definitely not going to be any more GT3 RS after 2007. He has just contact me to inform me that Brandywine is expecting an Orange GT3 RS around the end of November. "The highest bidder will own this RS" was the exact quote.

Old 10-18-2007, 08:42 PM
Byronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to behold
The car you were offered is a used 2007 GT3-RS which was the first new one we sold and the customer is returning to us to sell as agreed to when we first delivered the car. When this car is returned to us, we will sell this car to the highest bidder. Exactly like most other dealers do. On Ebay for example. We did not take your deposit for a new GT3-RS, since that would not be correct with nothing to sell you. When it became clear that we were going to have a used GT3-RS to sell, the salesman did his job, and informed you about that. This way you have an opportunity to buy this car, like anybody else, for whatever the market values this car for. The good old "supply and demand" principle.

FYI: We were allocated 1 2008 GT3-RS and it was sold to a (non local) loyal customer of our store who was one of the first customers to give us a deposit. This car was sold at MSRP. We actually just shipped the car to his house in Denver Colorado.
Can you please explain the part in your first sentence about returned to us as agreed? Was this a lease or repo?

Aloha

Byron

Old 10-19-2007, 04:54 PM
Airkuhl is a splendid one to beholdAirkuhl is a splendid one to beholdAirkuhl is a splendid one to beholdAirkuhl is a splendid one to beholdAirkuhl is a splendid one to beholdAirkuhl is a splendid one to beholdAirkuhl is a splendid one to behold

...We have never sold a car for more than MSRP. So that remark is worth nothing......

...This way you have an opportunity to buy this car, like anybody else, for whatever the market values this car for. The good old "supply and demand" principle......

Old 10-19-2007, 05:09 PM
vtgts300kw is infamous around these parts
The customer agreed that if he was going to let go of the car within a year, we would have the first right of refusal. So we bought the car back at MSRP. This is a pretty normal way for a dealer to ensure the cars are sold to real enthusiasts/customers, not speculators.
This is very common when Ferrari dealers sell their F430's and F599's.
must be good been able to make a profit x2 on the same car, a bigger one second time around to.

You're robbing the true enthusiasts the second time around arnt you?

Old 10-19-2007, 05:12 PM
tshih is infamous around these parts
Wow, all this angst just to have instant gratification for a hot car flavor of the month/year. I have always bought my cars Euro delivery and was willing to wait 6 months after deposit paid to get exactly what I ordered and the chance to break them in on the German/European roads.Of course this was in the days when for your research and patience you get a 9-10% discount off MSRP unlike today when Euro Delivery adds a surcharge over MSRP.

Old 10-20-2007, 01:44 AM
tooth dr is infamous around these parts
wow...
cant believe pcna would allow this extent of shady business at some porsche dealers...there should definately be some sort of control, although probably unlikely.

thumbs down Brandywine.

Dan

Old 10-20-2007, 08:50 AM
GT3Racerich is infamous around these parts
How on earth did the moderators let this get to 150 replys. Oh, I don't see Brandywhine as a sponsor?

Old 10-20-2007, 10:59 AM
WyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud of
The car you were offered is a used 2007 GT3-RS which was the first new one we sold and the customer is returning to us to sell as agreed to when we first delivered the car.

"As agreed to", sounds funny coming from BW after reading this thread. As we all can see in this instance, it was the customer that came through and not BW in this agreement.

Old 10-20-2007, 08:17 PM
jjparkusa is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by WyattTT
"As agreed to", sounds funny coming from BW after reading this thread. As we all can see in this instance, it was the customer that came through and not BW in this agreement.
10 years ago, customers got screwed by businesses and there was really nothing we could do. The internet has tipped the balance. Sure, there are are some who abuse the net but in the end, we all get to decide what is right and wrong. Just think of how much business Brandywine has lost because of how they treated Mike.

Last edited by jjparkusa; 10-20-2007 at 08:20 PM.
Old 10-20-2007, 09:20 PM
SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !
Man, why do you guys bring back these old threads? Really is becoming B.S. if I may say so myself... Let it die will ya...

Old 10-20-2007, 09:26 PM
Byronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to behold
Have you read the second part of the thread about the RS? I think some people will say that the business tactics used by Brandywine are not the greatest and thus still relevant. I personally have learned a lot here and I see value in threads like these.

Aloha

Byron