Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Warning regarding Brandywine Porsche in PA.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 03:07 PM
raclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to behold
That sucks. Same thing happened to me at Prestige MB in NJ...but I was there in person when they sold the car to someone else after I gave them my credit card!

I stormed out, found another dealer and got another one and will never do business with them again. I know it's not that easy with a GT3 though.

Old 06-14-2007, 03:19 PM
chokeu2 is infamous around these parts
As someone who is actively involved in that very fun search, I was on the Brandywine website many times. As a result of this simple incident, I will not even think about sending any business in the direction of Brandywine. I even had the notion of buying a Cali car and driving it back to Atlanta in order to get to know the car.

Seeing that this isn't the first time I've read about an out of state buyer getting disregarded, I'll not take a chance with Brandywine. Why should anyone spending this amount of money be treated as a second class customer?

Old 06-14-2007, 03:22 PM
Byronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to behold
Hopefully Brandywine responds:

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 16 (9 members and 7 guests) Byronmaui, thedutchguy, 2thfixr, kayman, paulycw, sLaM, Rob, Brandywine, K2@Brandywine

Aloha

Byron

Old 06-14-2007, 03:27 PM
Banned
MabF355 is infamous around these parts
I don't think Brandywine needs to defend themselves to anyone here but the original poster. If handled properly, he should be able to commend Brandywine on their efforts to mend this minor issue. Brandywine is a major player in the Porsche dealer network and I am sure they will do everything in their power to find a GT3 for this guy. What would you like to hear from those guys anyway? That they ****ed up? Yeah, I am sure they are already well aware of that.
-Marc

Old 06-14-2007, 03:35 PM
SD1
SD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura about
I agree that we all make mistakes and I readily accept that. The difference is how the mistakes are handled.

No follow up or explanation from the GM? Strike 1

Kyle apologizes? Offers to make good, finds another car and basically does whatever it takes to get another car? No? Strike 2

Whats next? Let me guess. Ignore the 6speeders unanimous call for some common sense in customer care?

Old 06-14-2007, 03:36 PM
chokeu2 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by MabF355
I don't think Brandywine needs to defend themselves to anyone here but the original poster. If handled properly, he should be able to commend Brandywine on their efforts to mend this minor issue. Brandywine is a major player in the Porsche dealer network and I am sure they will do everything in their power to find a GT3 for this guy. What would you like to hear from those guys anyway? That they ****ed up? Yeah, I am sure they are already well aware of that.
-Marc
Bro, it is completely fair to want to know how this situation is resolved, especially if Brandywine is a "major player" in the dealer network. It may, or may not set the tone for how customers are treated by the "major players" in the dealer network. If I were treated like this by the major player for Porsche here in Atlanta, very near to the PCNA HQ, rest assured; I would be in their office first thing.

I do not care if it was the salesman, or the GM who caused this issue; it is unprofessional and representative of the dealer and their business and customer service ethics as a whole. At the very least, it reflects directly on the leadership of the dealer and the culture that they allow to exist.

Since when did it become ok to treat customers like a commodity? Especially at a Porsche store!!!

Old 06-14-2007, 03:52 PM
Banned
MabF355 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by chokeu2
Bro, it is completely fair to want to know how this situation is resolved, especially if Brandywine is a "major player" in the dealer network. It may, or may not set the tone for how customers are treated by the "major players" in the dealer network. If I were treated like this by the major player for Porsche here in Atlanta, very near to the PCNA HQ, rest assured; I would be in their office first thing.

I do not care if it was the salesman, or the GM who caused this issue; it is unprofessional and representative of the dealer and their business and customer service ethics as a whole. At the very least, it reflects directly on the leadership of the dealer and the culture that they allow to exist.

Since when did it become ok to treat customers like a commodity? Especially at a Porsche store!!!
Chief, I am not at all defending Brandywine because I agree they are wrong here. However, to expect someone to step in right now is not a smart move on their behalf. Once the situation has been properly resolved, as I am sure it will be, we should then expect to hear from both the original poster and a representative of Brandywine Porsche. Right now, opinions and egos are flying through the forum, so trying to reassure every one is no simple task. Things like this happen ALL the time at car dealers, just so few people are able to share their stories and woes in a public venue like so.
Like I had said, once appropriate to do so, we should all expect a valid explanation and with any kind of a luck a “fairy tale†ending. For now, like every other forum, people will continue to judge and criticize based on hearing one side of a multi-dimensional story. At this point, anything that Brandywine could say or do on the forum could potentially dig a deeper hole and make the situation worse. It is good that they are watching (it proves they all care and are all aware of what people are expecting here) and intelligent that they do not reply.
-Marc

Old 06-14-2007, 03:58 PM
Banned
thedutchguy is infamous around these parts
I think that we all need to cool it down a little. The people that say" I will never do any business with them anymore (besides Mike) should just wait and see how this story will end. There's always people screeming "sue them". I guess that's unfortunately part of the culture here. I would say, just wait for another posting of Mike about how this was handled. Nobody on this forum knows that yet. And I can tell you that my GM will do everything in his power to make this right for this customer. I know he has left Mike a voice mail to resolve this unfortunate situation. THAT is the culture of this dealership. A mistake was made. I think this was partially because of inexperience of a young salesperson who has a very tough day now. Kyle has learned a lesson because of this and so has the dealership. But how we handle a problem with a customer is certainly not communicated through the forum. When this is all behind us, I'm sure we will have found a satisfactory solution. That is how we do business, and that's why we have such an outstanding relationship with PCNA. They know that we come through for our customers.

Last edited by thedutchguy; 06-14-2007 at 04:00 PM.
Old 06-14-2007, 03:58 PM
amirgt2 is infamous around these parts
They did the same crap to me but even worse. I put in an order on an RS in late 2005 with a long time salesman who had transfered there from Don Rosen. I gave him my credit card and even received a purchase agreement stating that I would get their first car in black and white. When it came time to order the car, they said that the two owners had decided to keep both of their RS allocations for themselves. When I objected, they said that the salesman had no right to write that on the contract and that he was no longer with the dealership. I called PCNA and they didn't even bother calling me back. Fortunately, Don Rosen came through and got me my car but Brandywine will NEVER hear from me again.

Amir

Old 06-14-2007, 04:20 PM
dr_sharp is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by thedutchguy
I think that we all need to cool it down a little.
Given the situation, I don't think anyone is over-reacting. Its not what YOU say about your dealership that makes or breaks it... it what the CUSTOMERS say... the customers are speaking... let the truth be known

Old 06-14-2007, 04:20 PM
Banned
On another note: this car became available because a guy that we never met, gave us a deposit, ordered the car and when the time came to take delivery he jerked us around for 2 weeks and ended up not taking the car.
We deal with that kind of stuff all the time, but that is never mentioned on the forum. It's not alway a dealer that screws a customer. It's very often the other way. It seems that there can be a lot of disrespect between parties. We work hard to make sure we sell based on the relationship we have with our customers. It's the best investment a salesperson can make. That's what we can do from our end. But it won't work without mutual respect.

Old 06-14-2007, 04:22 PM
Byronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to behold
Brandwine should at least say they are working on the problem. To say nothing to me is potentially more damaging. So far two people have said they will not buy in this thread.

Aloha

Byron

Old 06-14-2007, 04:24 PM
Banned
Read my response: I said that my GM is working to address the problem.
That is all I'm supposed to tell this forum.

Old 06-14-2007, 04:24 PM
rahul is infamous around these parts
This is comical. I also put down a 5k deposit on this very same GT3. The next morning i was informed that the original buyer decided he wanted the car. So, i was out of luck. Apparently, as per Amir's post, this seems to be a trend with this dealership. Why? Obviously, it is all profit driven. That is fine, yet, if this is the way one decides to conduct business, they should be willing to suffer the consequences. As to the litigous nature of our culture, is that any better than the culture of greed exhibited by the dealership?

Dutchguy: Just read your subsequent post. Can you explain to me why then, the vehicle was not sold to me after procuring a 5k deposit?

Last edited by rahul; 06-14-2007 at 04:29 PM.
Old 06-14-2007, 04:29 PM
turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by thedutchguy
I think that we all need to cool it down a little. The people that say" I will never do any business with them anymore (besides Mike) should just wait and see how this story will end. There's always people screeming "sue them". I guess that's unfortunately part of the culture here. I would say, just wait for another posting of Mike about how this was handled. Nobody on this forum knows that yet. And I can tell you that my GM will do everything in his power to make this right for this customer. I know he has left Mike a voice mail to resolve this unfortunate situation. THAT is the culture of this dealership. A mistake was made. I think this was partially because of inexperience of a young salesperson who has a very tough day now. Kyle has learned a lesson because of this and so has the dealership. But how we handle a problem with a customer is certainly not communicated through the forum. When this is all behind us, I'm sure we will have found a satisfactory solution. That is how we do business, and that's why we have such an outstanding relationship with PCNA. They know that we come through for our customers.
what's sad is that the OP had to post this on a public forum before he could get any response from the dealership. sorry but you can't blame this on an inexperienced salesman!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Warning regarding Brandywine Porsche in PA.