Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Warning regarding Brandywine Porsche in PA.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 04:29 PM
lig
lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !
An interesting and timely thread for me as I am 997S shopping right now.

I hope it gets resolved amicably for all concerned. I'm not sure I like the idea of suing the dealership - that sounds a little extreme.

It's just a car.

Having said that - Brandywine sure hasn't shot to the top of my list as far as dealerships are concerned.

Old 06-14-2007, 04:30 PM
dr_sharp is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by rahul
This is comical. I also put down a 5k deposit on this very same GT3. The next morning i was informed that the original buyer decided he wanted the car. So, i was out of luck. Apparently, as per Amir's post, this seems to be a trend with this dealership. Why? Obviously, it is all profit driven. That is fine, yet, if this is the way one decides to conduct business, they should be willing to suffer the consequences. As to the litigous nature of our culture, is that any better than the culture of greed exhibited by the dealership?

Dutchguy: Just read your subsequent post. Can you explain to me why then, the vehicle was not sold to me after procuring a 5k deposit?
And you have to start your own thread on this forum just to get "the GM to 'address' the problem"

Old 06-14-2007, 04:30 PM
amirgt2 is infamous around these parts
Rahul,

Maybe the GM is working on it for you as well.

I never mentioned anything about my RS debacle because I thought it was an isolated incident and since I got a car from Don Rosen Imports (who are an absolute delight to work with) I didn't want to bad mouth a board sponsor. But come on, you have to admit, taking deposits on cars and then holding out for the highest bid is probably not a high caliber move.

Amir

Old 06-14-2007, 04:31 PM
Banned
thedutchguy is infamous around these parts
We are not aware of any other deposits on the car. You also didn't mention that in your earlier posts, so I think you're just trying to have some fun here.

This whole deal has nothing to do with greed, since we didn't sell the car over MSRP. If we were greedy, we would have sold all our GT3-RS for the $ 50K over we were offered. Instead they all went to loyal customers of our store for MSRP. We have never sold a car for more than MSRP. So that remark is worth nothing.

Old 06-14-2007, 04:36 PM
Byronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to behold
Dutchguy nothing against you but why do you have to answer for the dealership? Please do not take it personally just seems odd to me because if I was Kyle or the GM I would be stepping up with at least talk and then actions later.

Aloha

Byron

Old 06-14-2007, 04:37 PM
Oh, I'm sorry, so you're saying that the owners didn't decide to keep them? What a shock!!

As far as the deposit goes, apparently you guys have a nasty habit of taking credit card information and then not running the card as your way out of delivering on your promises.

Amir

Old 06-14-2007, 04:40 PM
rahul is infamous around these parts
"We are not aware of any other deposits on the car." Ask Kyle. I can send you his voicemail message if you wish. Nevertheless, I did not mention this in my earlier post, because like Amir, I did not want to make an issue of it, and frankly, i felt bad for Kyle. I don't think he meant any harm. But, now, i felt like i had to chime it, as it is apparent that this behaviour has become a practice with the dealership. Further, if greed is not the incentive, what is? Is the original poster's money, or mine for that matter, not of the same value to you. Of course not; we are not local; you will not service our cars; and you will not rape us at trade-in time. Finally, if you had sold your RS for 50k over sticker, i would commend you for it. This is a free market economy after all. But to be anything less than forthright, is unacceptable.

Old 06-14-2007, 04:42 PM
rmag is infamous around these parts
Didn't buy my GT3 from Brandywine, but a whole lot of parts for it from them (Jay). Their prices and knowledge in parts department is rock solid.

Hopefully this issue will be resolved correctly, and we can all get back to having fun with our cars

Old 06-14-2007, 04:47 PM
Banned
It is not my GM's style to communicate through the forum. He doesn't even have a forum sign up. I'm a senior here and communicate a lot with him. That's why I mentioned that he is working on the situation. I'm sure that this will find somekind of resolve.

Amir, I think you probably have the nasty habit of putting multiple deposits down at different dealerships, and then when you have your car from the first available dealer, the rest can drop dead.

Old 06-14-2007, 04:52 PM
No. I unlike yourself with your customers, I am loyal to my salesperson. So when Lee came over from Don Rosen, I came with him. I had bought 5 cars from him including a CGT and GT2 and I liked him very much. Now, to make it simple for you, it was your dealership's job to keep me there. You blew it, and guess what, you won't be getting anymore deposits from me.

Amir

Last edited by amirgt2; 06-14-2007 at 04:56 PM.
Old 06-14-2007, 04:52 PM
Banned
Can we now all grow up and wait for our GM and the customer to come to a resolution?

Old 06-14-2007, 04:54 PM
Byronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by thedutchguy
Can we now all grow up and wait for our GM and the customer to come to a resolution?
There has not been any childish posts or responses that I have seen in this thread. Alot of questions and accusations but no name calling.

Aloha

Byron

Old 06-14-2007, 04:58 PM
fasteddiett has a spectacular aura aboutfasteddiett has a spectacular aura about

NO it MUST be resolved NOW by parties that have nothing to do with the situation!!!!

I dealt with kyle seveal times and he was a standup guy in our dealings even though i never bought from them.... FWIW

Old 06-14-2007, 05:01 PM
Ag Surfer is infamous around these parts
Amir, I think you probably have the nasty habit of putting multiple deposits down at different dealerships, and then when you have your car from the first available dealer, the rest can drop dead.
That was quite a defensive remark. Deflecting the issue at hand by insulting another member is not the explanation we are waiting for.

Old 06-14-2007, 05:03 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Are you calling us childish for responding to this thread in support for the OP? All due respect, may be you should bring on your GM.

Last edited by vincentdds; 06-14-2007 at 05:33 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Warning regarding Brandywine Porsche in PA.