Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Warning regarding Brandywine Porsche in PA.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 05:03 PM
lig
lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !
This is really starting to get good. I think thedutchguy has got a bright future in PR!

Old 06-14-2007, 05:05 PM
bradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by thedutchguy
Read my response: I said that my GM is working to address the problem.
That is all I'm supposed to tell this forum.
Maybe you should've stopped with this post...

Old 06-14-2007, 05:08 PM
swedish technik is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Byronmaui
Dutchguy nothing against you but why do you have to answer for the dealership? Please do not take it personally just seems odd to me because if I was Kyle or the GM I would be stepping up with at least talk and then actions later.

Aloha

Byron
I have to agree, why are you the one talking? What role do you play in all this? If you're speaking on behalf of your dealership, then perhaps they should have chosen a better representative.

Old 06-14-2007, 05:10 PM
K04
K04 is infamous around these parts
The story that Mike has laid out to why this deal went the way it went is true, there are some backside things on my end that Mike and I have discussed. I am not happy as to the way this has gone on my end either. As it has been said not all things are my final call and last I knew, on Tuesday the 12th it was a done deal, things had changed without my knowing. I have apologized to Mike and felt very bad, as I still do. I did not intend to jerk Mike around like this, my conversations with him have been very nice and I enjoy working with Mike. As I enjoy working with you all and being part of such a community.

As far as Rahul, he and I have talked and are in full understanding as to the way the deal had fallen. I am currently looking for a car for him.

I am not going to say more at this point because; each situation is different in buying a car. We/I do not take credit card deposits to make an empty promise, but this is a situation that Mike and Brandywine Porsche need to work out, you will all be informed as to what happens.

I am sure that following this there will be another page as to what I am doing wrong, and I am sure this could be worded better but I am still a tad speechless over the whole thing. So please pardon me. I will be following this through the evening. I wish you all a nice evening.

Old 06-14-2007, 05:11 PM
Banned
thedutchguy is infamous around these parts
All I'm trying to say is that we should wait for the end result of this situation, before some of you make your comments. Come on guys, we all share the same passion: Porsches. I just don't think it's right to bash a dealer or a person without knowing the whole story.

Old 06-14-2007, 05:20 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
what's done is already done. saying more will only do harm no good. i can understand the situation but u can't expect the buyers here to understand since they're pissed already. ''make it right'' is simply not enough but hopefully the poster can benefit from it at least.

i'll make one suggestion to the guys at Brandywine. u should only let one person handle this community and that person better have the power to make the final decision where the car is going to. when u have few sales guys fighting for commission here that's where the problem starts. u know it's a hot car and u made the decision to make a post about it then u should expect the car to be sold here thurs anywhere in the states. that's common sense. hopefully u guys will work as a team next time.

Old 06-14-2007, 05:34 PM
SD1
SD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura about
I could be wrong but I think the real lesson in our digital world is to realize it is a digital world and the stuff that goes down on these forums is a lot closer to reality than some businesses are willing to acknowledge.

Maybe you guys don't realize this, maybe you do, but running a clinic on how to aggravate and alienate your affluent demographic on the internet would not be very high on my to do list.

Hope OP gets a new ride and Brandywine loses their shovel.

Old 06-14-2007, 05:47 PM
SrfCity is infamous around these parts
IMO when you're a few thousand miles away you can't expect a deal to be consumated until you've got it in writing no matter what some eager beaver sales guy tells you. I had a similar out of state buying experience and dealt directly with the GM, had it in writing with a CC deposit. Only then can you expect that you've got a deal. Seems kind of ammateurish on both the sales and buying side. If the GM is hiding then you can pretty much assume some funny stuff is happening. Live, learn and move on.

Old 06-14-2007, 06:32 PM
PTarga is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by SrfCity
IMO when you're a few thousand miles away you can't expect a deal to be consumated until you've got it in writing no matter what some eager beaver sales guy tells you. I had a similar out of state buying experience and dealt directly with the GM, had it in writing with a CC deposit. Only then can you expect that you've got a deal. Seems kind of ammateurish on both the sales and buying side. If the GM is hiding then you can pretty much assume some funny stuff is happening. Live, learn and move on.
I've purchased all of my cars this way, from dealers all over the country. The only mistake here was Mike trusting Brandywine, and then BW sending dutchboy to embarrass himself on the web in front of all us members. I'd also be interested to see the bill of sale on this "MSRP" car.

I should also add that I went looking there after a tech session and none of the sales people would give me the time of day, so I bought elsewhere.

Last edited by PTarga; 06-14-2007 at 06:42 PM.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:46 PM
turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !
I'm really surprised by the poor responses by Brandywine's representatives.

Old 06-14-2007, 07:48 PM
RufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really nice
Originally Posted by 20C4S
what's done is already done. saying more will only do harm no good. i can understand the situation but u can't expect the buyers here to understand since they're pissed already. ''make it right'' is simply not enough but hopefully the poster can benefit from it at least.

i'll make one suggestion to the guys at Brandywine. u should only let one person handle this community and that person better have the power to make the final decision where the car is going to. when u have few sales guys fighting for commission here that's where the problem starts. u know it's a hot car and u made the decision to make a post about it then u should expect the car to be sold here thurs anywhere in the states. that's common sense. hopefully u guys will work as a team next time.
100% agree with this.

Old 06-14-2007, 08:30 PM
On Pole is a jewel in the roughOn Pole is a jewel in the roughOn Pole is a jewel in the rough
Mike and Kyle keep your heads up. Things could be much worse.

Jon Winter

Old 06-14-2007, 08:47 PM
Most-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond repute
I also agree. The damage and poor customer care has already been dealt. Working on it will not change anything.... Thanks for informing the public on your situation Mike.

Old 06-14-2007, 08:59 PM
zona is infamous around these partszona is infamous around these parts
Someone help me out here-

Are deposits refundable and doesn't the buyer and the dealer agree on a price prior to leaving a deposit?

I find it hard to believe that the dealer would go through the hassle and expense of ordering a car just to have the buyer back out of the deal when its delivered....and oh yeah, where's my deposit.
-z

Old 06-14-2007, 09:06 PM
PTarga is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by zona
Someone help me out here-

Are deposits refundable and doesn't the buyer and the dealer agree on a price prior to leaving a deposit?

I find it hard to believe that the dealer would go through the hassle and expense of ordering a car just to have the buyer back out of the deal when its delivered....and oh yeah, where's my deposit.
-z
Reputable dealers allow you to make REFUNDABLE cc deposits. No, I've always gotten an estimate, never final, and have not been screwed yet.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Warning regarding Brandywine Porsche in PA.