Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Warning regarding Brandywine Porsche in PA.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 02:07 PM
Byronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to behold
beentaken - sorry to hear about your experience. Best of luck in the future and post some pics of your car.

Aloha

Byron

Old 06-15-2007, 02:30 PM
William Wilson is infamous around these parts
I wish I had these kinds of problems...

Old 06-15-2007, 04:42 PM
Banned
Origyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by William Wilson
I wish I had these kinds of problems...
And why is that?

Old 06-15-2007, 05:27 PM
s4play has a spectacular aura abouts4play has a spectacular aura abouts4play has a spectacular aura about
Wow so much drama over a car.....

thank god my 2008 GT3 just got spec'd / ordered for nov. delivery and my sales guys is about as honest as they come

to the OP, hope you find your car - but really life is way to short to get pissed over a car! c'mon cars come and go, just be happy with your health and move on. Sue a dealer over a car is plain stupid and whoever suggested that must have nothing else in life to do....if I had a biz you are the type I would avoid.....sheesh!

rick

Old 06-15-2007, 06:14 PM
CyE55 is infamous around these parts
^^^Agreed.

If not getting a car is such a big deal, then pay over MSRP for the car you want and be happy! Be happy that you're in the position to have such a great car. I can't believe 2 threads over someone not getting a car!

Not to say BW handled it correctly, but c'mon folks, nobody lost any money, or health. Let's move on!

Cyrus

Old 06-15-2007, 06:16 PM
turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !
Yeah... let's just forget about it while Brandywine continues the same practices

Old 06-15-2007, 06:27 PM
rahul is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by s4play
Wow so much drama over a car.....

thank god my 2008 GT3 just got spec'd / ordered for nov. delivery and my sales guys is about as honest as they come

to the OP, hope you find your car - but really life is way to short to get pissed over a car! c'mon cars come and go, just be happy with your health and move on. Sue a dealer over a car is plain stupid and whoever suggested that must have nothing else in life to do....if I had a biz you are the type I would avoid.....sheesh!

rick
Actually, I am the one who suggested it. If you want compliance, you better hit them where it counts; in the pocketbook. Do you think that anything short of suing them would accomplish anything? The reason we get so much damn lip service is because it is free. Finally, it is an issue of principle; sure it's just a car, but that's not the point, it is about integrity, honesty, and good faith. Perhaps if this was practiced more often, there would be no need to sue.

Old 06-15-2007, 07:39 PM
fasteddiett has a spectacular aura aboutfasteddiett has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by bavariamotorist
You made a verbal contract with him, but unfortunately, because it involves the sales of goods $500 or more, it is not enforcible without something in writing. That could be a letter acknowledging the contract or anything really that makes reference to the contract.

In the future, remember to have something in writing.
does this apply to only vehicle purchases? please do show me the legal reference to verbal contracts are enforcable to up to $500. Is that a local state law to your area? are you a lawyer? thanks

Old 06-15-2007, 07:43 PM
Bobby G is infamous around these parts
Eddie - it doesn't just apply to vehicle purchases. There are a number of exceptions and nuances to the law, which is generally referred to as the "statute of frauds." For goods (like cars), the statute of frauds is codified into the Uniform Commercial Code. If you feel like reading more about it, see:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statute_of_frauds

Old 06-15-2007, 09:03 PM
fasteddiett has a spectacular aura aboutfasteddiett has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Bobby G
Eddie - it doesn't just apply to vehicle purchases. There are a number of exceptions and nuances to the law, which is generally referred to as the "statute of frauds." For goods (like cars), the statute of frauds is codified into the Uniform Commercial Code. If you feel like reading more about it, see:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statute_of_frauds
thanks for that but i was in part being a wise *** because the anount mentioned of $500... im in litigation now over a heck of a lot more based on a verbal contract that was superceeded with a written contract ( they are trying to enforce the verbal) anyway long story...

back to topic.... there really isnt much you can do about this except take your business elsewhere......

Old 06-15-2007, 10:13 PM
mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !
this is just pathetic. it's a ****ing car, just a car. why are all these dealer so ****ed up trying to short change customers. i have been with my sales person for 10 years. he never jerked me around. if he can get it, he says so, if not, tells me right away.

now i heare some ppl are getting screwed even with written contract? i guess next time i buy a car, i will bring my entire counsel group and have dealer sing a 400O page contract like M&A?

i grew up in asia, we dont do contracts. words mean something. you f up, heads roll.. i mean that literally. maybe we should start that here as well.

Old 06-15-2007, 10:15 PM
Originally Posted by mooty

i grew up in asia, we dont do contracts. words mean something. you f up, heads roll.. i mean that literally. maybe we should start that here as well.
im with ya.

Old 06-19-2007, 01:51 PM
Byronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to behold
OP update on your situation?

Aloha

Byron

Old 06-19-2007, 04:39 PM
Mikes997C2S is infamous around these partsMikes997C2S is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up Brandywine Porsche update

I would like to thank everyone who replied to my experience with loss of the GT3 from Brandywine. The update is that the car went to a local customer of Brandywine Porsche despite the fact that I committed first and had placed a 5K deposit although the dealership never ran my card. Apparently the GT3 was sold by the manager of the salesperson I dealt with at Brandywine. I purchased a 2007 997 Turbo 6-speed Meteor Grey/Black from Hoehn Porsche on Friday June 15, 2007. This car was ordered by a customer and subsequently cancelled. It has minimal add ons which is wonderful. The additions include floor mats, heated seats and the Sportchrono so the list price was $126,240. plus fees. Since I am a regular Hoehn customer they even gave me a small discount. I drove the car over 200 miles yesterday in a Porsche Club Tour. This allowed me to gradually break in the brakes, tires and other drive train components. I never went about the 4200 RPM recommended by Porsche and no "jack rabbit starts". I have not used the Sportchrono yet. I have owned Turbo's since 1978 starting with a 1978 930, next a 1983 factory slope nose (Grey Market), a 1987 911 Turbo, a 1991 965 Turbo, a 1996 993Turbo and finally a 2003 996 Turbo with the X-50 package but it was a Tiptronic. The Tiptronic destroyed the fun of the 996Turbo plus it had a harsh ride. The 993 Turbo was wonderful but I sold it when I underwent a major low back surgery with fusion. Finally the 997 Turbo is wonderful. It rides better than my 2005 Carrera S. It accelerates better than any Turbo I have owned and it is so SMOOTH with almost zero turbolag. Only the waste gate gives it away. I may always wonder about what if I had purchased the GT3 but possible it was meant to be that I would own another Turbo which is better than anything which proceeded it.

Mike

Old 06-19-2007, 04:44 PM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
Sounds like it worked out ok for you, man, I'm glad.

Fwiw, I quite like the 997tt and suspect I'll like it even more when I've done the stage III. Enjoy your car!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Warning regarding Brandywine Porsche in PA.