Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Warning regarding Brandywine Porsche in PA.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 04:44 PM
Byronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to behold
Mike glad you got a car. Hopefully people have learned from your experience.

Aloha

Byron

Old 06-19-2007, 05:01 PM
SrfCity is infamous around these parts
P would rather you buy local anyway. Enjoy the ride. Not sure it was worth all the fuss but it was entertaining

Old 06-19-2007, 05:17 PM
NoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant future
Glad things worked out despite Brandywine.

Old 06-19-2007, 07:34 PM
WildBill is infamous around these parts
Mike, Congrats on the new 997TT. I purchased my TT from Hoehn as well. I live right up the road from you so maybe I'll catch you at one of the local events. Enjoy that new turbo!

Old 06-19-2007, 08:10 PM
SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !
Mike, so glad that you are happy.. I did what I could Brother!!! Enjoy that Turbo with good health and spirits. Kenny

Old 06-19-2007, 08:28 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Glad you picked something up. (Great list of previous Turbo's BTW) It is sad that a loyal Porsche customer such as yourself would have to put up with 1 minute of the BS that you had to deal with. The days of having Porsche dealers with enthusiast sales people and managers are long gone. (With a few exceptions) Congrats and enjoy it in good health.

Old 06-19-2007, 08:53 PM
bavariamotorist is infamous around these parts
I hope some day you will end up with the GT3 still. In the meantime, you have picked up a great car to use.

Old 06-19-2007, 10:33 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
I am loving your GT3!

Glad you "passed" on it!

Just kidding -- congrats on the new TT

Old 06-19-2007, 10:43 PM
Former Vendor
LARennsport is infamous around these parts
Well the dealer got exactly what his experience told him he'd get....the problem to go away. People have v.short memories and I'm guessing B'Wine won't even see any effect from this.

Dealer 1 : customer nill ( of course + a new turbo!)

Old 06-19-2007, 11:09 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mikes997C2S
I would like to thank everyone who replied to my experience with loss of the GT3 from Brandywine. The update is that the car went to a local customer of Brandywine Porsche despite the fact that I committed first and had placed a 5K deposit although the dealership never ran my card. Apparently the GT3 was sold by the manager of the salesperson I dealt with at Brandywine. I purchased a 2007 997 Turbo 6-speed Meteor Grey/Black from Hoehn Porsche on Friday June 15, 2007. This car was ordered by a customer and subsequently cancelled. It has minimal add ons which is wonderful. The additions include floor mats, heated seats and the Sportchrono so the list price was $126,240. plus fees. Since I am a regular Hoehn customer they even gave me a small discount. I drove the car over 200 miles yesterday in a Porsche Club Tour. This allowed me to gradually break in the brakes, tires and other drive train components. I never went about the 4200 RPM recommended by Porsche and no "jack rabbit starts". I have not used the Sportchrono yet. I have owned Turbo's since 1978 starting with a 1978 930, next a 1983 factory slope nose (Grey Market), a 1987 911 Turbo, a 1991 965 Turbo, a 1996 993Turbo and finally a 2003 996 Turbo with the X-50 package but it was a Tiptronic. The Tiptronic destroyed the fun of the 996Turbo plus it had a harsh ride. The 993 Turbo was wonderful but I sold it when I underwent a major low back surgery with fusion. Finally the 997 Turbo is wonderful. It rides better than my 2005 Carrera S. It accelerates better than any Turbo I have owned and it is so SMOOTH with almost zero turbolag. Only the waste gate gives it away. I may always wonder about what if I had purchased the GT3 but possible it was meant to be that I would own another Turbo which is better than anything which proceeded it.

Mike
Congrats on the turbo Mike. I was just in a friend/member's (cooperlee) and i absolutely LOVED it, couldnt say one thing bad about it and i though hmm, i could actually see myself in one!

Old 06-19-2007, 11:43 PM
dr_sharp is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Mikes997C2S
I would like to thank everyone who replied to my experience with loss of the GT3 from Brandywine. The update is that the car went to a local customer of Brandywine Porsche despite the fact that I committed first and had placed a 5K deposit although the dealership never ran my card. Apparently the GT3 was sold by the manager of the salesperson I dealt with at Brandywine. I purchased a 2007 997 Turbo 6-speed Meteor Grey/Black from Hoehn Porsche on Friday June 15, 2007. This car was ordered by a customer and subsequently cancelled. It has minimal add ons which is wonderful. The additions include floor mats, heated seats and the Sportchrono so the list price was $126,240. plus fees. Since I am a regular Hoehn customer they even gave me a small discount. I drove the car over 200 miles yesterday in a Porsche Club Tour. This allowed me to gradually break in the brakes, tires and other drive train components. I never went about the 4200 RPM recommended by Porsche and no "jack rabbit starts". I have not used the Sportchrono yet. I have owned Turbo's since 1978 starting with a 1978 930, next a 1983 factory slope nose (Grey Market), a 1987 911 Turbo, a 1991 965 Turbo, a 1996 993Turbo and finally a 2003 996 Turbo with the X-50 package but it was a Tiptronic. The Tiptronic destroyed the fun of the 996Turbo plus it had a harsh ride. The 993 Turbo was wonderful but I sold it when I underwent a major low back surgery with fusion. Finally the 997 Turbo is wonderful. It rides better than my 2005 Carrera S. It accelerates better than any Turbo I have owned and it is so SMOOTH with almost zero turbolag. Only the waste gate gives it away. I may always wonder about what if I had purchased the GT3 but possible it was meant to be that I would own another Turbo which is better than anything which proceeded it.

Mike
Nearly 8000 views of this thread.

Mike - Congratulations on the car!

Brandywine - Welcome to the internet.

Old 06-20-2007, 06:08 AM
Rob
Rob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of light
Enjoy it. Congrats!

Old 06-20-2007, 06:43 AM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds great that you got a new TT and good to hear it wasn't Kyle's fault as he seems like a really good young man from what I can observe.
Congrats again and post pics asap!

Old 06-20-2007, 07:15 AM
PTarga is infamous around these parts
I think we all, or at least me, sometimes forget salesman are nothing more than cogs in the machine. I don't mean that in a negative way, just that they do not have the final say. GL with the Turbo.

Old 06-20-2007, 08:31 PM
SEMJR is infamous around these parts
I bought 3 cars from Brandywine and sent them out of state. They have been one of the best dealerships I've ever worked with and have always gone above and beyond for me. I would recomend them without any hesitation.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Warning regarding Brandywine Porsche in PA.