Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Warning regarding Brandywine Porsche in PA.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 11:37 AM
Mikes997C2S is infamous around these partsMikes997C2S is infamous around these parts
Angry Warning regarding Brandywine Porsche in PA.

I will not longer deal with Brandywine Porsche. On June 7, 2007 Kyle Dempsey (Brandywine Porsche Sales Person) posted that a new 2007 GT3 was available. I immediately emailed. Kyle called me within ten minutes to say the customer had decided to take the car. I said fine. NOW, on Monday June 11, 2007 Kyle telephoned me. He said the customer backed out and the car was available. I requested a few minutes to think about it. I called Kyle back within a half hour and stated I will buy it at MSRP which is what he promised. He requested a deposit which I made for 5K on my Amex card. I requested that he verify with Brandywine that it is my car. Kyle contacted me yesterday June 12, 2007 requesting a fax copy of my drivers license and insurance card. I again asked if he was sure the car was sold to me. He replied absolutely and I faxed the information with a request that Brandywine contact me at 7 AM PDT today to complete the transaction and arrange shipping. Kyle understood it would be a cash purchase. Kyle left a message on my telephone at 6:30 AM this morning June 13, 2007 sounding anxious and asking that I contact him immediately. I was walking my dogs so I would be home for the 7 AM call. Kyle called shortly after I returned home at 7 AM. He said that he has bad news. "They sold the car to someone elso". Needless to say I was angry and request ed to speak to the GM of Brandywine Porsche immediately. Kyle said he was on his cellphone and could not transfer the call. He would let the GM know. After a half hour I tried calling Kyle. I was told he was out on a test drive. I than requested to speak to the GM. I was told he would contact me soon. At 8:15 AM PDT I contacted Porsche Cars of North America and discussed the problem with the Northeastern Regional Manager, Jason Nelson. Jason called me at 9:45 AM reporting that he talked to the GM of Brandywine and that two salespeople where working on deals and he decided to sell the car to a local customer rather than someone out of state (Me!). He said the GM would not call me unless he found an allocation for a GT3 available somewhere in the Northeast Region. Meanwhile I checked with Amex to find that Brandywine Porsche had never run my card for 5K. Finally Kyle just called me at 10 AM PDT and apologized. He said "he suffers too, because he looses the commission". In summary, I would abvise anyone out of state to beware of Brandywine Porsche. In the past I have purchased a number of items from the Brandywine Porsche parts department. They advertise heavily in Excellence Magazine and I think also in Panorama. I will never deal with Brandywine Porsche in the future! One final comment. The Midnight Blue 997 GT3 was perfect because it was not heavily optioned. Any allocation remaining on GT3's undoubtedly will be heavily optioned. I guess I will enjoy my 2005 Carrera S coupe for sometime to come.

Mike

Old 06-14-2007, 11:43 AM
DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !
sorry to hear about that man
everything happens for a reason
why not spec out an 08 to your exact specs ?

Old 06-14-2007, 11:48 AM
jlee is just really nicejlee is just really nicejlee is just really nicejlee is just really nice
This sounds like most of the blame should fall on the salesperson who seems to have made promises that he did not have the power to keep.

I feel for you, since I am also looking for a GT3 at MSRP that is not too loaded with options. Unfortunately, market demand is working against us, and these kind of events will happen more often than not.

Old 06-14-2007, 11:55 AM
NoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant future
Thanks for the warning. I had their website bookmarked as a potential source in my search for a 05 Carrera S. After reading your post I will delete them from my list. Cheers to the internet!

Old 06-14-2007, 12:06 PM
Rob
Rob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of light
Sorry to hear that, Mike. We all get geared up for new cars and gettting screwed out of a deal just plain sucks. If you believe in such things... that paticular car just wasn't meant to be. Don't let it discourage you, keep looking. Good luck.

Old 06-14-2007, 12:18 PM
xlr8ion is just really nicexlr8ion is just really nicexlr8ion is just really nicexlr8ion is just really nicexlr8ion is just really nice
Next time get it in writting. If you had them fax you a contract you would of had some security.Most all dealerships could care less about long term customers.They know with time all is forgiven.

Old 06-14-2007, 12:25 PM
SD1
SD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura about
The dealer I bought my Cayman from took my word I would buy the car from them and pissed off one their wholesalers in the process. No dpeosit, just my sort of good name.

I have to agree that while Brandywine is a sponsor and active participant on the board, that is definetly unprofessional. They owe you an apology at the very least.

I could understand you not getting it ok'd within a few minutes of taking a deposit, but 2 days later? C'mon, Brandywine, you jerked this guy hard. Not cool.

Old 06-14-2007, 12:46 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
sucks if it was posted here the car was available then later sold to someone else. especially the commitment/agreement was made.

Old 06-14-2007, 12:52 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Never heard anything bad about Brandywine before, in fact Erik has been very helpful. I've referred a couple of guys their way for cars as well. Prolly just one sales guy dropping the ball.

Old 06-14-2007, 12:56 PM
domlee Is a GOD !domlee Is a GOD !domlee Is a GOD !domlee Is a GOD !domlee Is a GOD !domlee Is a GOD !domlee Is a GOD !domlee Is a GOD !domlee Is a GOD !domlee Is a GOD !domlee Is a GOD !
That type of salesperson...is one I NEVER deal w/ with.
One that makes all sorts of "promises" in order to get the sale.

All of the high end stores that I build a relationship with...they know I go directly to them for a reason.

Just sucks when you get burned by salespeople w/ no "ethics".

Old 06-14-2007, 01:00 PM
SrfCity is infamous around these parts
The dealers try to sell the cars to local guys first so that they can get additional servicing etc. from them. It's only when they come up flat that they'll deal with someone out of State. They obviously had someone local buy the car.(not necessarily first but they used you to force the other guy's hand) The sales guy strung you along a bit but ultimately it was the GM that decided to sell to the other guy. It sucks and the only thing you can do is what you're doing.

I went through the same kind of thing but fortunately it panned out.

Old 06-14-2007, 01:03 PM
DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !
Mike
dumb question, but they knew you were a member of 6speedonline, right ?
because that would be a BAD move on their part if they knowingly did that to a 6speed customer... because by losing you, they probably lost a few more potential sales from 6speedonline

Old 06-14-2007, 01:04 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
Its no excuse for anything at all and Kyle absolutely MUST apologize for that...but, I know he is getting alot of personal stuff squared away and I cant speak much of his sales recently as he is seemingly having a hard time. I am VERY sorry this occured...but...atleast he didnt acutally charge your amex and then fail to get the car...that being said...the situation sucks...

Last edited by sechsgang; 06-14-2007 at 01:44 PM.
Old 06-14-2007, 01:09 PM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
Sounds like the sales guy dropped the ball by making promises his *** couldn't keep. I would keep calling and writing PCNA until you get some results.

Old 06-14-2007, 01:16 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Or do what I did....send an email right to Peter Schwarzenbraun himself.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Warning regarding Brandywine Porsche in PA.