Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Revised Comments on Brandywine Porsche

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 02:02 PM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
that's a pretty assanine response

Christian

Originally Posted by Formula1
Welcome to the world of car sales men. Whether new or used, Kia or Ferrari, they are the lowest form of life known to mankind.

They don't care about you or me. It's get the car off the lot and in someones hand. Kyle nor the GM are getting fired. This is the way the game is played. I get sick everything I have to buy a car because I have to deal with these games and Aholes.

This same thing happened to me with a dealer years ago. Albeit with a Toyota truck, I wanted a specific color, we negationed a price on the phone, I drove 3 hours to the dealership to pick it up with girlfriend in tow to drive our car back home, only to find out he sold it in the three hours since we spoke. When I asked why he sold it knowing I was driving up to buy it, he said that he didn't know if I'd actually buy it or not and had a buyer in the show room that wanted it. I could have strangled the guy, luckily they found one on the back lot in the color I wanted or I would have had the same rant as the original poster.

A GT3 is more rare than a Toyota truck and I don't believe Brandywine at all when they say they're going to try to find him another car. They don't give a rats $ss about some guy 3000 miles away. And offering a Turbo Cab? The GM really must think this guy is a dumbass. They deserve all the negative publicity they get, but don't look for anyone to be fired, they're all jackels.

Old 06-15-2007, 02:03 PM
Banned
tamaneri is infamous around these parts
I'm young, my opinion probably doesn't matter, but this is a joke =\

I feel bad for the original poster, and it upsets me to see that this kind of nonsense goes on. bleh.

Old 06-15-2007, 02:07 PM
Formula1 is infamous around these parts
Another story about a P-car dealer. I'm looking for a used GT3 and find out one is in a showroom near my home. I go in, but I'm told it's not CPO'ed yet and I can't drive it (something about the tires needed replacing, which looked fine for a test drive). Fine, I ask when it will be ready for a test drive and he says by such and such as day.

I take time off work to go in and see it and it's not CPO'ed yet, he can't find the keys, etc. etc. This from a guy that says he's been with the p car dealership for over 20 years.

Typical salesman.

Old 06-15-2007, 02:09 PM
Originally Posted by Christian
that's a pretty assanine response

Christian
Whatever. Which dealership do you work for?

Old 06-15-2007, 02:11 PM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
I don't you moron, but grouping all saleman and dealers together is assanine, you have the good and you have the bad, my bet is that you are the "problem" customer

Christian

Originally Posted by Formula1
Whatever. Which dealership do you work for?

Old 06-15-2007, 03:07 PM
Originally Posted by Christian
I don't you moron, but grouping all saleman and dealers together is assanine, you have the good and you have the bad, my bet is that you are the "problem" customer

Christian
DO you know how to read? A salesman makes a sale over the phone. A customer will drive 3 hours oneway to pick it up and then sells it. That's a problem customer? How much more easy could I have made it for this saleman and then get screwed. But I'm the problem customer according to you.

A customer comes in to see a car, then comes back after it's not ready the first time, takes time off work and they can't even find the keys and it isn't ready when promised when I come in the 2nd time? But, I'm the problem customer?

Why don't you go hide under the rock you came from buddy, because your the moron if you think that's proper customer service. These guys are out to make a profit and there is NOTHING wrong with that. It's when they take advantage of customers that is insulting and in this instance, unethical.

Old 06-15-2007, 03:13 PM
DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !
Formula 1
I am a car salesman, and i earn respect from each and every single one of my clients. I don't think that you know me well enough to call me the lowest form on earth. I don't lie to customers. I don't lie to people. But i get lied to day in and day out by customers. Ive held cars for customers that ended up not buying a car....

People are people. Being a car salesman doesn't make you a bad person.
Do you think I'm the scum of the earth ?

Old 06-15-2007, 03:18 PM
Byronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to behold
Skojasevic we should keep it on topic here about brandywine. Start a new thread about car salesmen because we want to stay on point which is a customer was screwed by Brandywine and potentially more people are sharing good and bad experiences.

Aloha

Byron

Old 06-15-2007, 03:20 PM
DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !
Byron
You're right...
it's not even worth starting a 2nd thread..
i just hope Mike gets a GT3...
but to be frank, with this market, i don't see it happening, as he wants to pay MSRP

Old 06-15-2007, 03:27 PM
Leejai is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by skojasevic
Formula 1
I am a car salesman, and i earn respect from each and every single one of my clients. I don't think that you know me well enough to call me the lowest form on earth. I don't lie to customers. I don't lie to people. But i get lied to day in and day out by customers. Ive held cars for customers that ended up not buying a car....

People are people. Being a car salesman doesn't make you a bad person.
Do you think I'm the scum of the earth ?
I would have to agree with skojasevic. The 'burn' goes both ways. While there are both honest sales people and customers out there, there's always 'that bunch' which will ruin it for the rest of us.

I think one difference is probably that a sales person has the responsibility to be thick-skinned as the burn somewhat comes with the territory (whether you're selling cars, software, you name it).

For the OP's situation, it's unfortunate how miscommunication can play out. (assuming everyone involved has been completely honest) and I truley hope the OP finds his GT3.

Old 06-15-2007, 03:42 PM
bavariamotorist is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by LARennsport
FACTS FACTS FACTS and more FACTS carry the day here....

Everyone, put emotion, Kyle and all that aside...just stick to the facts:

1. There was an offer by a sales agent of the company (total authority to do so)
2. There was acceptance by a bona fide buyer
3. There was consideration ($5k) doesn't matter that they didn't run card
4. There is a contract

NOTE: Don't care that there is not four corner contract paper here...enough paper and actions to meet needed criteria and confirm the parties intent to be bound.

As such, Brandywine needs to perform. They must get you the car you contracted for or cover with a like kind vehicle. (side note...a Turbo Cab doesn't fit...actually what a moron to think someone who wants to buy a GT3 would say "yeah, OK, I'll take the turbo cab!" We are all still pissed off the 3 has a sunroof!)...unless of course you're a flipper...you a flipper Mike?

Anyway, they should be working on a dealer trade and through PCNA to find your car. They don't need to fire anyone, they just need to perform. Pretty easy and if they have to eat a little $$ on the way...that's just part of their lesson. Heck...they should just "buy back" the blue 3 and eat it that way and get this closed.

Just a thought....

I don't know CA or PA laws, but...

In NY, for a contract to be enforcible for the sale of goods $500 or more, there needs to be something in writing referring to it. A simple fax of license and information doesn't necessarily refer to the actual verbal contract.

It would be a LONG SHOT at best and likely not to be worth it for anyone involved.

This is why good business practices are so valuable.

But you are right in that there was "offer and acceptance", just not enforcible...(unless CA/PA laws are different)

Old 06-15-2007, 03:43 PM
Byronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by bavariamotorist
I don't know CA or PA laws, but...

In NY, for a contract to be enforcible for the sale of goods $500 or more, there needs to be something in writing referring to it. A simple fax of license and information doesn't necessarily refer to the actual verbal contract.

It would be a LONG SHOT at best and likely not to be worth it for anyone involved.

This is why good business practices are so valuable.

But you are right in that there was "offer and acceptance", just not enforcible...(unless CA/PA laws are different)
What about intent? There was an honest intent by the buyer and this should hold some weight if any. Please feel me in because I am curious.

Aloha

Byron

Old 06-15-2007, 03:59 PM
win
win is infamous around these parts
Still curious to see what the final sale price was.

If it was for the money, just be honest about it, there's no need to cook up some lame story about age and seniority and blablabla. The fact that the GM is playing the blame game is beyond me,

1) He definitely thinks Mike is stupid, to believe that bullcrap.
2) Several people have been misinformed about being sold the same car (3 pple so far?) Safe to say it's a trend?

No matter how you slice it, be it pure incompetence or lack of ability to communicate to both your own team and prospective buyers, Brandywine does not sound like an honest and reliable dealership.

It's business right, nothing personal, take your business elsewhere where you can find peace of mind and unwavering reliability. Thank god, no all Porsche dealerships are like this, Carlsen has treated me wonderfully and I'm a first-time buyer with them, and can't wait until my baby comes in. Just my 2 cents.

Old 06-15-2007, 04:00 PM
TDY
TDY is infamous around these parts
bavariamotorist is referring to the statute of frauds which has been adopted in almost all (if not all) states in some form or another. there are a whole slew of factors though that can affect its applicability as byron is alluding to.

Old 06-15-2007, 04:02 PM
bavariamotorist is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Byronmaui
What about intent? There was an honest intent by the buyer and this should hold some weight if any. Please feel me in because I am curious.

Aloha

Byron

NOTE: As I know, the following only applies in NY state.

As far as I know, intent of the consumer doesn't hold any ground. There are similar concepts that apply, such as that the contract must be made in good faith between both parties, but that falls more under the statute of fraud.

I don't think there is anything a Judge can do without something in writing. In some cases, the Judge may try to encourage the big company (in this case, BW) to make some sort of arrangement to help the victim's sorrows, but since no $$ was lost, it likely wouldn't even get that far.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Revised Comments on Brandywine Porsche