Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Revised Comments on Brandywine Porsche

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 04:03 PM
Byronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to behold
TDY thank you for your comments.

Aloha

Byron

Old 06-15-2007, 04:08 PM
bavariamotorist is infamous around these parts
What Byron is referring to is more along the lines of the statute of fraud. I'm just talking about legal validity of a certain type of contract.

Perhaps some CA or PA residents can verify actual contract laws in their respective states.

Old 06-15-2007, 04:18 PM
Byronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to behold
Bavari yes that's it. I am not implying that branywine is guilty just curious about the laws.

Aloha

Byron

Old 06-15-2007, 04:28 PM
bavariamotorist is infamous around these parts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by bavariamotorist
NOTE: As I know, the following only applies in NY state.

As far as I know, intent of the consumer doesn't hold any ground. There are similar concepts that apply, such as that the contract must be made in good faith between both parties, but that falls more under the statute of fraud.

I don't think there is anything a Judge can do without something in writing. In some cases, the Judge may try to encourage the big company (in this case, BW) to make some sort of arrangement to help the victim's sorrows, but since no $$ was lost, it likely wouldn't even get that far.

I don't know if you saw this post or not, but like I said here, the contract must be made in good faith, but that follows the contract being valid which it isn't

Regardless, the business tactics used are forgettable to say the least, and in the future, I encourage everyone here to get something in writing immediately when making these transactions to avoid this situation.

Think about it...if the OP has a proper document, he is suing BW for their poor customer policies and the guilty parties get what they deserve.

Old 06-15-2007, 04:28 PM
lawjdc is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by SrfCity
I too think they're throwing the kid under the bus. They probably were looking for an excuse to get rid of the guy because he's young and probably under performing. If the kid is so young I find it hard to believe that he'd take it upon himself to go so far out on a limb with claiming the car was Mike's without him running it up the flag poll. The decision was made to override the sale by management. Regardless, the right thing would be to satisfy the customer and deliver. Shlt trickles down and I think that's what's going on here.

BTW, these GM guy's are always a cell phone call away no matter what.
I think your analysis is correct. The management disregarded the sale made by the rookie salesman. IMHO

Old 06-15-2007, 04:53 PM
turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !
interesting how the dutchguy changed his avatar. Is he still with Brandywine?

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/member.php?u=9553

Old 06-15-2007, 04:58 PM
turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by carreragt558
no,

You think they dumped him out
I don't know... wouldn't surprise me considering the way he handled the other thread. Or maybe they've decided to have only one representative on 6speed like DJ had suggested.

Old 06-15-2007, 04:59 PM
Formula1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by skojasevic
Formula 1
I am a car salesman, and i earn respect from each and every single one of my clients. I don't think that you know me well enough to call me the lowest form on earth. I don't lie to customers. I don't lie to people. But i get lied to day in and day out by customers. Ive held cars for customers that ended up not buying a car....

People are people. Being a car salesman doesn't make you a bad person.
Do you think I'm the scum of the earth ?
No. My sincere apologies to you and Christian. I reacted emotionally to the OP story and it brought up 2 separate instances in the past that happened to me.

Regrets,
F1

Old 06-15-2007, 05:16 PM
GBGT2 is infamous around these parts
FWIW, but is it me, or is this getting a wee bit out of hand?

From the sounds of it Kyle's inexperienced and screwed up on his client relationship management, but being hung out to dry with all the associated 'burn the witch' comments is a bit excessive. The deposit wasn't taken, noone's out of pocket. Its a shame to lose a car when you think you've found something out of the ordinary, but come on guys, we may all love out porsches, but its just a car. Lifes too short.

Old 06-15-2007, 05:20 PM
Originally Posted by GBGT2
FWIW, but is it me, or is this getting a wee bit out of hand?

From the sounds of it Kyle's inexperienced and screwed up on his client relationship management, but being hung out to dry with all the associated 'burn the witch' comments is a bit excessive. The deposit wasn't taken, noone's out of pocket. Its a shame to lose a car when you think you've found something out of the ordinary, but come on guys, we may all love out porsches, but its just a car. Lifes too short.
Wrong wrong wrong!!!!Credit card for deposit was taken but Brandywine did not charge the card. Buyer thought card was going to be charged and he would have cash ready. Did you not read the first post? Please don't take it personally but read it and you will see. No witch hunt here. Only witch hunt or I should say sacrifice is probably the GM throwing Kyle to the streets and not packing his bags too. Sorry GM but you played a part in my eyes because even though you were off work someone knew Kyle had a deal going. I do know about the car business because when my brother was alive he told me stories. Alot of good and bad ones.

Aloha

Byron

Old 06-15-2007, 05:26 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
If they had already made a deal with this other guy before ,then kyle f 'd up, then I guess that trumps it and kyle should have known better. If the reverse is true, with nothing in writing it sucks, but illegal, not sure. Just the slimey car biz, sorry skojasivek, but you know overall it is a very slimey trade. You may be the exception, hope so.
fwiw, I wouldn't fire the kid, pointless, rather fire an email to Peter S about that dealership's gm. If you wanna kill a snake, cut off it's head.
When I was a chief resident, the buck stopped with me, it was considered a sign of weakness to let a junior resident take the hit, even if it was his mistake, you're still the captain of the ship. Off my soapbox...

Old 06-15-2007, 05:33 PM
GBGT2 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Byronmaui
Wrong wrong wrong!!!!Credit card for deposit was taken but Brandywine did not charge the card. Buyer thought card was going to be charged and he would have cash ready. Did you not read the first post? Please don't take it personally but read it and you will see. No witch hunt here. Only witch hunt or I should say sacrifice is probably the GM throwing Kyle to the streets and not packing his bags too. Sorry GM but you played a part in my eyes because even though you were off work someone knew Kyle had a deal going. I do know about the car business because when my brother was alive he told me stories. Alot of good and bad ones.

Aloha

Byron
Hey Byron, yup, Ive read all the posts, this is all the more interesting because this mark-up / MRRP issue doesnt happen here in the UK, no affiliated Porsche dealer can sell above book on any new car. It just seems theres a lot of crossed wires within Brandywine, not just some junior kid screwing up and then ending up being fired to appease the baying masses. Was the deposit not taken because the finance guys didnt process it, or because Kyle didnt ring it in? Not sure we know. It's just wrong if a forum thread ended up screwing with a single individuals life by virtue of emotive responses, whether directly associated with the issue or actually completely uninformed. The original poster and his personal upset is understood, these discussions just often to rage out of control in this sort of circumstance.

Old 06-15-2007, 05:43 PM
Originally Posted by GBGT2
Hey Byron, yup, Ive read all the posts, this is all the more interesting because this mark-up / MRRP issue doesnt happen here in the UK, no affiliated Porsche dealer can sell above book on any new car. It just seems theres a lot of crossed wires within Brandywine, not just some junior kid screwing up and then ending up being fired to appease the baying masses. Was the deposit not taken because the finance guys didnt process it, or because Kyle didnt ring it in? Not sure we know. It's just wrong if a forum thread ended up screwing with a single individuals life by virtue of emotive responses, whether directly associated with the issue or actually completely uninformed. The original poster and his personal upset is understood, these discussions just often to rage out of control in this sort of circumstance.
You are correct but where it got out of control was Brandywines avoidance when the other thread popped up and the problem was brought to light. A rage could have stopped if the GM or someone that has decision power at Brandywine posted their side when the OP posted it or just said "we are working on the situation". They just watched the thread heat up and sent a sales rep in that was not involved in the problem. I think we are all speculating about Kyle or whoever the salesperson was about getting fired. Why are we speculating because the company in question is being very hush hush. Just my take.

Aloha

Byron

Old 06-15-2007, 06:13 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
G996 is infamous around these parts
The sales manager is full of it.
He's using Kyle as a scapegoat.
The sales manager made a bad decision and he's not owning up to it.
Tell him to put the Turbo Cab, and all the gold chains that come with it, where the sun don't shine

Scratch one crappy dealer off your shopping list.

Old 06-15-2007, 07:21 PM
JL993 is a jewel in the roughJL993 is a jewel in the roughJL993 is a jewel in the rough
You are damn right !!!!

The sales manager is full of it.
He's using Kyle as a scapegoat.

Yeah you are right seems that this was a miscommunication between both persons or in the worst case the GM wants the commission before Kyle. Happens all the time does not matter if it is a Porsche or a Toyota they all are after the commission and we the customers are paying the price big time, that is why I only bought used Porsches from other P enthusiasts !!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Revised Comments on Brandywine Porsche