Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Revised Comments on Brandywine Porsche

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 07:26 PM
beentaken is infamous around these parts
For those of you that have never walked in to Brandywine Porsche and spent 7 hours there like I did, you really cannot beleive how they run that place. There are more sales people than customers for the entire 7 hours I was there and sat next to the showroom not 1 customer came in and it seemed that the sales people that were there were talking more with each other than talking on the phone. I agree that Kyle is not to blame but management is.
I cannot beleive how they run this dealership, I would expect maybe a Saturn dealership maybe to be this mismanaged but not a Porsche dealer where you are going to drop up to $140,000 +.
Mike

Old 06-15-2007, 07:49 PM
SrfCity is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by beentaken
I cannot beleive how they run this dealership, I would expect maybe a Saturn dealership maybe to be this mismanaged but not a Porsche dealer where you are going to drop up to $140,000 +.
Mike
It's the owners pushing the place to be run like a boiler room. Everyone's just doing their jobs no matter how sleezy it comes off

Old 06-15-2007, 11:14 PM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
A few comments:

Folks tend to look at their business partners throught the prism of their own ethics/experience. They may talk the talk, but they are not necessarily your peers- in this case, they are car salesmen- all of 'em - Well paid perhaps, but they don't NECESSARILY share your ethics.

GET IT IN WRITING. It can be four lines handwritten on a piece of paper, but sign it and have them sign it.

This is ALL about money.

Dying to hear how dutchguy's GM is going to "fix" this....

Old 06-16-2007, 09:55 AM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
Mike,
Sorry to hear about what happened. It is rather unfortunate that BW let this continue on without any "REAL" input in the posts. For the "thedutchguy" try to keep emotions out of this because when you show them it is not pretty. I understand that you are trying to defend your dealership but your emotions are getting the best of you. You are a senior member at BW and therefore should be used to dealing with "tire kickers", "indecisive buyers" and "low ballers" so it would benefit you in the long run to keep comments to a minimum unless you can personally resolve them. Speaking on someone's behalf(GM) who has already shown a propensity to sell from underneath someone else's deal does not help you out.

Offering to find someone another car when they are in limited supply is not a great offer and then try to step him up another 50K for a TT CAB is rather weak. Would BW have accepted Mike's offer of "I would like the car but I am "trying" to get the cash"? No they would not have.

Some of you make a comment that it is only a car. Then would you say the same if rear ended it? That it is only a car? Or if you waited for 3 months and had it sold from underneath you? That is only a car?.

I am not asking for heads to be rolled but I would say that they should work a deal out with a local dealer at Mike's location and pay the difference for the over MSRP price to make it right.

Mike - I hope you find what you are looking for and I am sure you will.

As for BW - you don't have my trust and "thedutchguy" you wouldn't earn my business from your comments. Keep emotions to a minimum.

There are the good and bad in every business practice. Let's not limit them to car sales and mortgage companies. Do you think about how slimey Oil companies are when you pay at the pump? Or when you buy your $75 "Polo" shirt made by cheap labor at pennies on the dollar overseas?

BW and "thedutchguy" - Any updates? or does Mike need to come back and revise another post?

Old 06-19-2007, 01:52 PM
Byronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to behold
OP updates?

Old 06-19-2007, 02:01 PM
Monaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond repute
I've been reading/lurking a while and what I ponder is how BW would have reacted if this wasn't posted on a public forum. It seemed that it wasn't until the concerns were posted that BW responded and tried to settle things. I guess the mentality there is that its better to lose one customer than plenty, when in fact it should be that a loss of any customer should not be tolerated period! And to think you guys where trying to mend things by trying to push him into a Cab, LOL!!! Ridiculous I tell ya, but hysterical to say the least!

Old 06-19-2007, 05:50 PM
dchesrown is infamous around these parts
Here is how I do the internet deals at my store. Bear in mind I sell GM mainly CTS-V's over the net, we sold more used V's than anyone in the central region-90% over the net.
If I make a deal with a customer over the phone. Within 10 min. I first send out a fax copy of the purchase order with the VIN#price any special info etc...
Until I get the order back with a sig. and a partial payment the car is not sold.
In this business-talk is cheap.

Old 06-19-2007, 06:12 PM
Byronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by dchesrown
Here is how I do the internet deals at my store. Bear in mind I sell GM mainly CTS-V's over the net, we sold more used V's than anyone in the central region-90% over the net.
If I make a deal with a customer over the phone. Within 10 min. I first send out a fax copy of the purchase order with the VIN#price any special info etc...
Until I get the order back with a sig. and a partial payment the car is not sold.
In this business-talk is cheap.
So who screwed up in this situation? I want to hear what ya think.

Aloha

Byron

Old 06-19-2007, 06:44 PM
turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Byronmaui
So who screwed up in this situation? I want to hear what ya think.

Aloha

Byron
Byron,

You're giving Dr. Phil a run for his money!

Old 06-19-2007, 06:49 PM
Turbo thats ......Just trying to get to the truth because you can't handle the truth (Best Jack Nicholson impersonation)....lol

Aloha

Byron