Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Revised Comments on Brandywine Porsche

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 09:28 AM
Mikes997C2S is infamous around these partsMikes997C2S is infamous around these parts
Revised Comments on Brandywine Porsche

I want to thank everyone who responded to my post yesterday regarding "Beware of Brandywine Porsche". I remain very upset about my lost opportunity to purchase the Midnight Blue barebones 997 GT3. It is a car I have wanted since first reading the initial evaluations in Excellence Magazine and other sources. I absolutely gave a credit card guarantee of 5K on Monday June 11, 2007 to Kyle Dempsey, the salesperson representing Brandywine Porsche. On June 12, 2007, I faxed a copy of my California Drivers license and a copy of my insurance cards on my current 997 Carrera S coupe and 2006 Cayenne S to Brandywine as requested by Kyle. I also included my desires regarding transportation of the vehicle to Carlsbad. I requested that Brandywine Porsche contact me to arrange the sending of my cash payment in full. When Kyle Dempsey contacted me at 7 AM PDT yesterday morning and said the car had been sold to someone else I hit the ceiling, well almost. I asked to speak to the General Manager but Kyle said he could not transfer me since he was on his cellphone.. I immediately telephoned the dealership and the operator at Brandywine Porsche said that the General Manager was in a meeting but would be contacting me shortly. When he had not contacted me within an hour, I called Porsche Cars North America and eventually talked to Jason Nelson who is apparently the Northeast regional manager. Jason subsequently talked to the General Manager at Brandywine who told him that he was very sorry about the issue but felt a local customer was more important than someone from out of state. Mr. Donatoni apparently told Jason that he would only contact me if he located another GT3 for sale. I left home in a very bad mood after venting my feelings on 6-speed. On returning home last night I had a message to call Mr. Donatoni at Brandywine Porsche. I contacted Mr. Donatoni this morning. He stated that the sales person was very young (early 20's). That Kyle never contacted his manager since it was the managers day off. No one at Brandywine Porsche was contacted regarding my deposit and purchase agreement. In short, I am out of luck since Brandywine Porsche employed an inexperienced salesperson. Mr. Donatoni offered me the first Turbo Cab that they receive. I declined stating I only want a GT3. He said he would continue to check with other dealers regarding a GT3 and promised a future GT3 from them should they receive an open allocation.
My conclusion: Brandywine Porsche may be ethical but they hired the wrong person. I am not aware of any Porsche dealer hiring a salesperson in their early twenties unless they are a member of the family. A lesson learned. If any of you commit to an order through a salesperson, immediately call the dealership management and confirm the dealers commitment to the sale. Finally I do not think Kyle Dempsey will remain employed by Brandywine Porsche.
I am sorry for the long vented discussion but I do believe maybe I will prevent a few of you from making the same mistake. I am still in the market for a new 997 GT3. I doubt if it will ever come to pass since I never pay over MSRP.

I have been a 6-speed member for longer than one year since I changed my log-in name after purchasing my present 2005 Carrera S coupe. I guess I should be happy.

Thanks,
Mike
Carlsbad, CA.

Old 06-15-2007, 09:33 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
This is going to cost Kyle his job? That is somewhat harsh. I understand your disappointment but for someone to lose their livelihood over a car is extreme.

Old 06-15-2007, 09:39 AM
Jedidiah is infamous around these parts
I would have to agree. This is a simple breakdown of communication. I would have to assume that Kyle sincerely wanted you to have the car, as it means a commission for him and another 6speed member satisfied.

Obviously he messed up royally, but I would bet my pants that he will not be making that mistake again. From what I can tell, his approval rating here on 6speed is in the black overall and not the red. I would also say that he will be paying extra special attention to the needs of the members here in a much more precise fashion.

Conclusion: Kyle messed up bad. He has appologized publicly and it seems clear that there was no ill will involved or him trying to personally make a higher profit off the sale of the car, as he did not sell the car period. I think he has received a strong reprimand from the community and should be given a second chance.

Just my observations.

Old 06-15-2007, 09:40 AM
CLS
CLS is infamous around these partsCLS is infamous around these parts
Welcome to the real world my friend^^^

Old 06-15-2007, 09:44 AM
MGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to all
Mike, I wish a more suitable out come could have been reached, I feel for you, that was a gorgeous car.

One question, correct me if I'm wrong but from the way I understand your post, while your deposit was being held a local client came in afterwards and bought the car? Thus the GM simply ignored your deposit in favor of the local buyer? A car dealer is a car dealer but if that's the case BW may as well drop their site sponsorship.

Old 06-15-2007, 09:47 AM
Jedidiah is infamous around these parts
So is the moral of the story then, "someone's got to pay and it sure isn't going to be the manager?"

While I accept this is how corporate america operates, I think we as 6speed have the opportunity to voice a desire to give a young guy a second chance. He has served the community well (from what I can tell) up until this point, and it seems clear that his intentions were pure in the process of this transaction.

While I understand this is how the "real world" works, I think it is a lousy excuse not to try to help this guy out. He has treated the community well, but the first time he messes up we encourage Brandywine to give him the boot?

Sorry, but I find this (for lack of a better word) lame.

Edit: I would agree with Todd, that BW should lose their sponsorship before I would encourage Kyle to lose his job. It was not Kyle's decision to sell the car out from under you.. it was the managers.

Old 06-15-2007, 09:53 AM
rahul is infamous around these parts
BS! Kyle is just a scapegoat. The proverbial sacraficial lamb. Are you trying to tell me that a salesman, whether 20 or 80, cannot act as an agent for the dealership? That's his damn job after all! I really wonder what type of crap the GM would be spewing if Kyle was in his 40s. My conclusion; they are full of it!

Old 06-15-2007, 10:01 AM
DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !
im very sorry to hear what happened.
as far as salesmen in their early 20's not being the norm, im 23 , i sell porsches,bentley's,lambo's,and rolls royces, and i came ehre from being manager at an audi dealership...

so age shouldn't really mean anything
its the experience that counts

i hope you get your gt3 Mike
Kyle made a mistake. regardless of who's fault it really is, or whatever happened, bottom line is the Salesman is always responsible if ANYTHING goes wrong...
hopefully Kyle learns from this mistake, and hopefully he'll find you a gt3 !

Old 06-15-2007, 10:13 AM
SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !
Mike, first let me say that I feel for you in not having your expectations being met. With that being said I feel cooler heads should prevail. The team at Brandywine has made a mistake that is for sure but, for this error to cost a man his job is way over the top for me. I, as a corporate leader with my own team would be looking at the GM first. It is he that should be on the telephone to diffuse this situation with Mike. If that was my dealership then the GM would be the first individual in my office explaining the misfortunes of a potential customer and he better have a Damn good solution to mitigate as well. Just my .02 gentleman..With every good wish to you Mike and I sincerely hope that you find what you are looking for. Why don't us 6speed members start our own research and try to find Mike his dream car? I will call Rick Niello today and see what he can do for you Mike!!!

Last edited by SmoothCab; 06-15-2007 at 10:15 AM.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:31 AM
Byronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to behold
kyle being the scapegoat is wrong and if Kyle looses his job then so should the GM. I don't buy the Kyle was a rogue guy or did not communicate because it appears that Kyle was doing his job by collecting the necessary info. The GM was may have been off work but still someone must have knew a sale was being consumated. Good luck in your search and something good will come of this.

Aloha

Byron

Old 06-15-2007, 10:36 AM
SrfCity is infamous around these parts
I too think they're throwing the kid under the bus. They probably were looking for an excuse to get rid of the guy because he's young and probably under performing. If the kid is so young I find it hard to believe that he'd take it upon himself to go so far out on a limb with claiming the car was Mike's without him running it up the flag poll. The decision was made to override the sale by management. Regardless, the right thing would be to satisfy the customer and deliver. Shlt trickles down and I think that's what's going on here.

BTW, these GM guy's are always a cell phone call away no matter what.

Old 06-15-2007, 10:43 AM
win
win is infamous around these parts
I just broke out in rashes after reading this.
I'm allergic to bull****.

Old 06-15-2007, 10:49 AM
dustman is infamous around these parts
I dealt with Kyle and was offered this car at MSRP several times (this car didnt move for a week!). He was professional and courteous. I passed on the car as I dont like the understated dark blue and slate colors at all. I have asked for his help finding another car, but I don't see much movement at all to be honest, but I'm still awaiting a response from him. I'm willing to give Kyle and BW a chance to earn my repeat biz...if they contact me...hello?

Old 06-15-2007, 10:50 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by eclou
This is going to cost Kyle his job? That is somewhat harsh. I understand your disappointment but for someone to lose their livelihood over a car is extreme.
Couldnt agree more, and i dont see where his age is of any relevance to this situation! Oh well..

Old 06-15-2007, 10:58 AM
Former Vendor
LARennsport is infamous around these parts
FACTS FACTS FACTS and more FACTS carry the day here....

Everyone, put emotion, Kyle and all that aside...just stick to the facts:

1. There was an offer by a sales agent of the company (total authority to do so)
2. There was acceptance by a bona fide buyer
3. There was consideration ($5k) doesn't matter that they didn't run card
4. There is a contract

NOTE: Don't care that there is not four corner contract paper here...enough paper and actions to meet needed criteria and confirm the parties intent to be bound.

As such, Brandywine needs to perform. They must get you the car you contracted for or cover with a like kind vehicle. (side note...a Turbo Cab doesn't fit...actually what a moron to think someone who wants to buy a GT3 would say "yeah, OK, I'll take the turbo cab!" We are all still pissed off the 3 has a sunroof!)...unless of course you're a flipper...you a flipper Mike?

Anyway, they should be working on a dealer trade and through PCNA to find your car. They don't need to fire anyone, they just need to perform. Pretty easy and if they have to eat a little $$ on the way...that's just part of their lesson. Heck...they should just "buy back" the blue 3 and eat it that way and get this closed.

Just a thought....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Revised Comments on Brandywine Porsche