Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2
View Poll Results: Do they perform better?
Yes
84.78%
No
15.22%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

PCCB Performance.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 09:03 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
PCCB Performance.

Very simple. Do they "perform" better than regular brakes on some regular hot laps. (Not endurance) Regular guy Hot laps. I know they las longer, but are you going to get faster lap times with the ceramics? I posted a poll and feel free to discuss your opinion.

Old 06-16-2007, 12:28 AM
BOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to behold
Maybe on the 997 GT3! on my 996 I was not too satisfied with them. Although they were used when I bought them on the GT3...the first real upgrade was getting rid of the ceramics and putting on 997 Cup rotors with pagid pads. I have driven the newer 997 ceramics and they are much improved. I instructed along side some of the PDE guys at a porsche corporate event and they said the same thing basically...the 996 ceramics needed work, but that the new version of the ceramics offered on the 997 era cars are a dream. Apparently the PDE cars have ceramics and have been tracked for 10-15k miles without much wear!

Old 06-16-2007, 12:38 AM
vtgts300kw is infamous around these parts
i thought they offered no real upgraded stopping power over the steels, just lasted longer and were lighter?

Old 06-16-2007, 08:31 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
The original question is....Would you get better lap times?

Old 06-16-2007, 01:44 PM
BOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to behold
Luis I did not get better lap times! actually I did not feel as though they were worth the replacement price! Hence the reason I went with the cup rotors. I would strongly suggest against going with the original ceramics. Maybe some brembo floating rotors but I can't run them in my PCA class

Old 06-16-2007, 02:21 PM
Thanks Mo. A buddy and I are having a discussion, he says that a car equipped with PCCB's would do faster laps than the same car equipped without them because they stop better and are much lighter. I disagree on the stopping better part and think the weight difference is not enough to make a difference in a regular hot lap.

Old 06-16-2007, 02:38 PM
MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !
I agree the stopping times would not be that significant in reducing your lap times unless it was a fairly long event, or on a particularly brake-intensive course, where you would induce fade on the regualr brakes, which are already great. However don't too quickly ignore the impact of that significant reduction in unsprung weight. People spend a lot of money on track wheels to get a less significant reduction in weight than the PCCBs offer.

Old 06-16-2007, 11:52 PM
the first generation had some nasty PCCB failures. There have been some documented accounts of ceramic rotor failures that caused catastrophic damage. I actually saw a GT2 at road america have some sort of failure in his PCCBs that caused a wheel to crack and some serious damage. Not sure what it was so i can not comment more on it, but I know that there are situations where the PCCBs have had failures too. Once again though, I think porsche remedied this issue with the new generation CGT, 997 etc, so I wouldnt be worried about them now.

Old 06-17-2007, 12:29 AM
LittleJohny is infamous around these parts
My impression was that brand new, neither are better... they're about the same. However, since PCCB lasts much longer... the "brand new" performance sticks around for much longer than the steel.

ie. Two cars, one with PCCB, one with regular brakes... drive them in exactly the same fashion, and one month later, the PCCB will out brake the regular brakes.

Old 06-17-2007, 12:38 AM
Guys, I am talking about a few hot laps not the 12 hours of Sebring.

Old 06-17-2007, 04:13 AM
Ritesh is infamous around these parts
Couldn't tell you. I haven't tracked it yet. However MA was quite impressed with in the 6/07 MT "best handling car" article.

Last edited by Ritesh; 06-18-2007 at 07:28 PM.
Old 06-17-2007, 05:01 PM
super996TT is infamous around these parts
PCCB is much better for agressive drivers

Old 06-17-2007, 05:48 PM
MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !
three words: no brake dust

enough said . . .

Old 06-17-2007, 07:32 PM
911 C2S is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by MexicoBlue
three words: no brake dust

enough said . . .
Which is interesting since the pads are PAGID (are they ceramic?)

Old 06-17-2007, 09:42 PM
LittleJohny is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by LUISGT3
Guys, I am talking about a few hot laps not the 12 hours of Sebring.
In that case... if you arrive at the track with brand new brakes... I would assume that it wouldn't make much difference... however, if you don't arrive with new brakes, my money's on PCCB.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: PCCB Performance.