Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

$1300 courtesy delivery

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 12:28 PM
DrPeter has a spectacular aura aboutDrPeter has a spectacular aura aboutDrPeter has a spectacular aura about
$1300 courtesy delivery

In Feb, my CA dealer said I would be about 23rd in line for the next GT3 if I wanted to give him a deposit. Last month I recieved a tip for a buildable GT3 allocation from Minnesota. The MN dealer is arranging a courtesy delivery to my local dealer in CA. He says that they are charging him $2600 and wants to split the fee with me. This seems to be in line with what I have read of others CA experiences. What do you guys think about this?

Old 06-18-2007, 12:43 PM
NeverFastEnough is infamous around these parts
If that is indeed true then you are very lucky. I live in the midwest and allocations were used up pretty fast, unless it was an extra allocation which Porsche decided to give the dealer at the last minute, and you happened to call at the correct time. That is pretty well how I got mine (plus my dealer wanted to sell the car "local" or to a known customer such as myself).

If it is what you want and you got it at MSRP, and if all you have to pay is essentially a "shipping fee" (or at least that is one way to look at it), then it is almost too good to be true.

Hopefully your luck holds true .

Last edited by NeverFastEnough; 06-18-2007 at 03:56 PM.
Old 06-18-2007, 12:57 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
courtesy delivery means they're doing u a favor. u don't pay for shipping (they use Intercity to ship ur car directly from east coast port) but u have to pay for the PDI charge at ur local dealer. if u have relationship with that dealer they might charge u less but it's totally up to them. it's wrong for what he told u but i think $1,300 is not bad (very fair i should say) consider the shipping would cost u about $1,800+ (and u can't get better service than Intercity). make sure it's done by Porsche though. u can find the info on ur window sticker on the lower right corner where u see ''sold to'' & ''ship to'' dealer info.

Old 06-18-2007, 07:15 PM
DrPeter has a spectacular aura aboutDrPeter has a spectacular aura aboutDrPeter has a spectacular aura about
In hindsight, they used the word courtesy, before talking to the west coast dealer. It turned into delivery fee after their discussion.

PCA is diverting the shipping from the factory to arrive at the westcoast port. It will be as if the CA dealer was having an extra car in his next boatload. I rationalized the same with regard to intercity shipping,so I do not feel any remorse.

The car is at MRSP and the dealer did get a last minute 07 allocation. I got the tip from a message on this board, called on memorial day weekend and got the slot. Who knew they would be open?