Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

997 GT2 confirmed but I get screwed out of greed!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 09:59 AM
Bill W is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by RufMD
So, they might offer you another car, but not at MSRP ? And you think this is a satisfactory answer ? If thats your conclusion, I'm confused why you even bothered starting this thread. They are still offering you a car at their "market" price, but you will continue to do business with them despite your loyalty over the years ?

Anyone else confused here ?

+10
I have no idea why anyone you be happy with the resolution they proposed?

Old 06-23-2007, 10:32 AM
OldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond repute
Here is there Email Address if you would like to send them a note expressing your appreciation for help their loyal customers
http://pacific.porschedealer.com/abo...contact_us.php

Old 06-23-2007, 10:35 AM
Rec Racing has a spectacular aura aboutRec Racing has a spectacular aura about
It never fails to amaze me that dealers feel "burned" if they sell a demand car to a loyal customer at MSRP and he sells the car without sharing in the profits. However, they sleep just fine at night when they sell a main line car to the same customer and look him right in the eye one year later and tell him it has depreciated 30%. Funny, they do not feel the need to share in the downside.

Old 06-23-2007, 12:56 PM
Rob
Rob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of light
If they were worried about selling at MSRP and you flipping the car, an agreement could have been signed with the dealer giving them first right to buy the car back at MSRP if you decide to sell within 6 months or a year. Simple.

Due to current RS market values, they want the anticipated over list profit for the GT2, end of the story.

Old 06-23-2007, 02:27 PM
rahul is infamous around these parts
guys, i know you are tired of hearing the same song, but just sue these motherfu*kers and be done with it. The gall to offer an opportunity to purchase the next GT2 is reprehensible. Can you imagine a situation where we would have no certainty regarding commerce it our society? It would anarchy. So why is it that a car dealer can simply reneg on a deal in order to maximize profit. As i stated before, in an extreme context, would this be ok if an organ transplant was involved, or perhaps a child's education?

Old 06-23-2007, 06:29 PM
iceman996 is infamous around these parts
If you don't mind to buy used, wait few years and buy a used you can easily get for 150K or less, regardless how many Porsche will make. Look at 996 GT2, less than 400 ever sold to U.S but value still drop like crazy.

Old 06-23-2007, 07:59 PM
Porschedon is infamous around these parts
What a sad state of affairs. Take this to highest court in the land!!!!!

Old 06-24-2007, 11:51 AM
nberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by RufMD
So, they might offer you another car, but not at MSRP ? And you think this is a satisfactory answer ? If thats your conclusion, I'm confused why you even bothered starting this thread. They are still offering you a car at their "market" price, but you will continue to do business with them despite your loyalty over the years ?

Anyone else confused here ?
Excellent post. Based on his response to their call and offer all I can conclude is Oweyea is unophisticated in the car buying world in accepting what they had to say. Bottom line with this dealership is; customer loyalty, satisfaction and goodwill are secondary to dealer profit and greed.

At least you now know what you are dealing with. Nevertheless, I have no doubt you will be dealing with them again and they know it as well. The only reason why you got the call was your post on this site.

I urge you to call Porsche NA. You may get some satisfaction.

Old 06-24-2007, 12:45 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
my personal experience with this dealership is back when names were being taken for the new 996tt I was told that my name would be on a list where cars being taken delivery of were in order of when deposits were made.

funny thing is I knew of two other people that had some how jumped the line in delivery. they didn't know I personally knew the other two people. it definatley left a bad taste. I didn't whine about it, didn't even mention it. but it definately did not go unnoticed.

don't even get me started on the sa in the service dept. what a waste of time that was. no satisfication at all.

Old 06-24-2007, 02:16 PM
Cab Lover
Oweyea is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by nberry
Excellent post. Based on his response to their call and offer all I can conclude is Oweyea is unophisticated in the car buying world in accepting what they had to say. Bottom line with this dealership is; customer loyalty, satisfaction and goodwill are secondary to dealer profit and greed.

At least you now know what you are dealing with. Nevertheless, I have no doubt you will be dealing with them again and they know it as well. The only reason why you got the call was your post on this site.

Dude, I would first start by reading my posts, "all" of them before you call me an unsophisticated buyer. You might also want to learn how to spell "unsophisticated"!

Old 06-24-2007, 02:20 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
nberry, curious, why would you consider Oweyea is unophisticated in his car buying? how ophistacated do you have to be?

Old 06-24-2007, 03:17 PM
chokeu2 is infamous around these parts

You're calling the guy "unsophisticated" in the car buying process? Ok... Did you notice the list of "unsophisticated" cars in his signature line? When does one become "sophisticated" in the car buying process? @ $1mill?

Perhaps we missed some "nuances" in your post.

Old 06-24-2007, 06:38 PM
nberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Oweyea
Dude, I would first start by reading my posts, "all" of them before you call me an unsophisticated buyer. You might also want to learn how to spell "unsophisticated"!
Unsophisticated as in naive. Better?

I read all your posts. They called you because you posted here. What do you write about the call? To paraphrase, "The are a terrific dealer and you would work with them again even though your not totally satisfied with how they treated you." They have you hook, line and sinker.

Look, my post is harsh but damn it get mad at them and not me.They are screwing you, not me.

BTW, because someone buys a lot of cars does not necessarily mean they are sophisticated in buying cars.

Old 06-24-2007, 06:42 PM
chokeu2 is infamous around these parts
Uh huh, and you're just one of those "call it like it is, honest" guys eh?

I do not agree. If one is a loyal customer to the point of $600k, it is NOT out of line to expect some return loyalty. And frankly, if a guy is able to say that he's spent $600k on a passion, it is safe to say that he may have at least some level of sophistication.

Old 06-24-2007, 06:57 PM
Cab Lover
Oweyea is infamous around these parts
Unsophisticated as in naive. Better?

I read all your posts. They called you because you posted here. What do you write about the call? To paraphrase, "The are a terrific dealer and you would work with them again even though your not totally satisfied with how they treated you." They have you hook, line and sinker.

Look, my post is harsh but damn it get mad at them and not me.They are screwing you, not me.

BTW, because someone buys a lot of cars does not necessarily mean they are sophisticated in buying cars.
Nberry,

What exactly would a sophisticated buyer like "yourself" do different in a situation like this?

I've tried to negotiate with them using my loyalty as a customer as bargaining chip, they don't care if they loose my business.

I've tried to post on this forum to see if a public outcry of disappointment would make a difference in their tactics, it has not.

I've publicly stated that I would not buy the car from them with any sort of markup from retail.

I've stated several times I'm not satisfied with the outcome.

Aside from a outright legal battle which I refuse to do over a luxury item I don't see how I could have done anything different.

But since you insist on treating me like an assclown and make a public statement that I don't know how to handle my business, why don’t you be a good chap and school "us" in the Nberry ways of negotiation, please.

And for the record don't confuse anger for passion!

Last edited by Oweyea; 06-24-2007 at 09:29 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 GT2 confirmed but I get screwed out of greed!