Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

997 GT2 confirmed but I get screwed out of greed!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 06:58 PM
Cab Lover
Oweyea is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by chokeu2
Uh huh, and you're just one of those "call it like it is, honest" guys eh?

I do not agree. If one is a loyal customer to the point of $600k, it is NOT out of line to expect some return loyalty. And frankly, if a guy is able to say that he's spent $600k on a passion, it is safe to say that he may have at least some level of sophistication.
Chokeu2,

thanks for the support bud, much appreciated!

Old 06-24-2007, 07:09 PM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
What a sad state of affairs...

Here's a suggestion: Tell them you'll buy the next one @ MSRP with a stipulation that they get first right of refusal if you want to sell/trade it. That should allay their fears of "flippers". Honestly, I think they'll balk since the real reason is that they want every last nickel out of the deal...

Old 06-24-2007, 07:18 PM
chokeu2 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Oweyea
Chokeu2,

thanks for the support bud, much appreciated!
No thanks necessary. Glad to give a little back end support to someone who's certainly earned more respect than ya got in this deal, and ya got from somenoe who doesn't know you, yet still calls ya "unsophisticated".

Old 06-24-2007, 08:20 PM
trybaljedi is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
What a sad state of affairs...

Here's a suggestion: Tell them you'll buy the next one @ MSRP with a stipulation that they get first right of refusal if you want to sell/trade it. That should allay their fears of "flippers". Honestly, I think they'll balk since the real reason is that they want every last nickel out of the deal...
This is absolutely the answer, but it wont work. See this all the time in M&A transactions involving franchisor/franchisees, but thats entirely different.

Old 06-24-2007, 08:32 PM
gtr
gtr has a spectacular aura aboutgtr has a spectacular aura aboutgtr has a spectacular aura about
Did you had money down with the manager or owners signature? If so you may use it in court.

Old 06-24-2007, 09:17 PM
ag-Z06 is infamous around these parts
Dealer today told me today that if they were to mark up from MSRP on a new car, Porsche could pull their franchise. This was the response when I asked if the new owner on a just-arrived but not-yet delivered GT3 RS paid above sticker price.
I don't know if this is true or not, but if true, and Porsche NA specifically forbids its dealers from markup over MSRP and the penalty could be loss of franchise, that would be quite a risk for them to take over extra profit on one car.
Perhaps one of the dealer reps on the forum can confirm or deny if this is accurate info?

Old 06-24-2007, 09:19 PM
Cab Lover
Oweyea is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by gtr
Did you had money down with the manager or owners signature? If so you may use it in court.
No, given my extensive multi-year relationship with the dealership they didn't require me to put any money down. They're not arguing that I'm #1 on the list, they openly admit I am. They just chose to not honor my spot and are taking the first car themselves to see what kind of price they can get for it on the open market.

But again, do I really want to "force" the dealer to sell me the car? What kind of business relationship is that? My only reasonable recourse is not to buy any more cars from them. Which is more and more the direction I believe I have to go in.

REALLY sad state of affairs.

Old 06-24-2007, 09:51 PM
gtr
gtr has a spectacular aura aboutgtr has a spectacular aura aboutgtr has a spectacular aura about
But again, do I really want to "force" the dealer to sell me the car? What kind of business relationship is that?
I dont' know but this is the only way I order cars. I heard too many horror stories like yours and learned from other experiences.

What is the point on getting on the list if it's not contracted? I had one incident where the dealer said, "sure will call you first, MSRP and etc.". I demanded to put everything in writing with money down. Guess what, the manager came out and openly admitted that it may worth more than MSRP and he didn't want to commit to anything. Unless your friend is the dealer put everything on paper.

I feel bad for ya and if what you had stated is true, all I can do for you is to not buy from your dealer

Old 06-24-2007, 09:54 PM
Formula1 is infamous around these parts
So I've been no. 1 on the list for the new 997 GT2 at Pacific Porsche in LA for 18 months and they called me today to say that even though I'm number one on the list I'm not getting it. They said that they're only getting one car period and that the owner decided to put it on the floor and see how much over MSRP they can get because production is limited to 200 units.

Now keep in mind that I've bought 5 new cars from them in the last 5 years over $600K and they do this BS move.

Needless to say, it's amazing how greedy they are!!

Any dealers out there want my future business?

I understand you don't have a written agreement, but at the time you placed the deposit, did you actually agree that the sale would be at MSRP? Because it doesn't mention that in your original post. If not, was it assumed or implied the sale would be a MSRP?

If so, they I would not give ANYMORE business to this dealer, especially given your purchase history with this dealer. If there was no mention of this during the deposit period and it was simply assumed it would be at MSRP, that IMO is not good enough and the dealer has some wiggle room.

I've had long rants on dealerships in the past and new examples come up everyweek. IF this was my dealership, I wouldn't even take a deposit on a car as rare as a GT2. If you have no intention of selling at MSRP, leave it on your showroom floor and sell to the highest bidder. I'd have more respect for a dealer that did that, instead of one that takes multiple deposits.

As far as those that are able to move up in the wait list, well, we know money talks.

Finally, once again, IF I owned Pacific Porsche, I can't see a reason why not to sell to this customer at MSRP. He purchased $600,000 worth of cars from me, trades one in every year and gets a new one, and will probably do so in the years to come. What kind of profit have they made from the trades and purchases vs. what few thousand over MSRP I can get on 1 GT2.

I think the OP is a very nice guy and not naive in his dealing with Pacific Porsche. He's shown more patience than what I would have. Ultimately, we all vote with our checkbooks and I'm sure there are MANY other Southern California dealerships that would accept his money just like Pacific has in the past.

Last edited by Formula1; 06-24-2007 at 09:57 PM.
Old 06-24-2007, 09:59 PM
Originally Posted by NelsonF
I have a deposit and have been told that I have the number one spot at my dealer for the new GT2. However, they will not commit to sell to me at MSRP.
Something tells me they are going for a highest bid/market pricing strategy. I've purchased 2 new cars within the last 3 years with all major service performed at this dealership. Seems like my deposit and business at this dealership is inconsequential
Does the dealership start with an H or a P?

Old 06-24-2007, 10:33 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
hey formula1, I don't mind if someone else wants to pay extra to bump up the list. I have no problems if the dealership has some loyal customers that want's special treatment. but when they tell me to my face that their policy is to sell at list and they go by first come first serve, and cars are ordered by who ever is at the top of the list. how would you like it when you find out a few have some how jumped up the list ahead of you? I guess I'm naive. even if you don't have it in writing it's still a binding agreement to me. either by law or karma.

Last edited by oak; 06-24-2007 at 10:37 PM.
Old 06-24-2007, 10:43 PM
I agree with you. I'm of the "full disclosure" camp. If you say that it's first come, first serve, then I expect you to keep your word. If you say, "Wellllll, there is a long time customer that does A LOT of business with us and etc. etc." I think we can all understand that.

Look, we're all big boys here, we know there are people who know people and this gets done and that gets done. Life sometimes isn't fair. This happens with every marque and I'd imagine the more exclusive the car, the more it happens.

Old 06-25-2007, 12:00 AM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
if that's the case then say so. don't ****'n bull**** me. don't lecture me on life. **** happens. bull****.

Old 06-25-2007, 05:52 AM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
Aside from a outright legal battle which I refuse to do over a luxury item I don't see how I could have done anything different.
The only thing i would have done different is to tell them when they called that as far as I'm concerned, "your name is mud" and that they could go f@ck themselves for now giving me the "honor" of entering their little bidding war. I'm sure there's plenty of dealers in your nexk of the woods and even if there wasn't I wouldn't give them my business. Basically they told you that your previous business meant nothing over making a few extra bucks and they renegged on a verbal contract. To me, this is not someplace I want to do business with no matter what they "promise" to do.

Old 06-25-2007, 07:00 AM
RufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really nice
what a pointless, utterly worthless thread.....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 GT2 confirmed but I get screwed out of greed!